Now that you guys have proper gear (yes. not full because you still need mercury relic), here are some tips that I can share with you guys with the experience I have gathered.
• This guide consists of the knowledge I have to efficiently kill mob which then takes me to the top 3 hunters and gives me more chances to rare drops and buffs.
• This applies to me. It wont hurt to go and research what works best on you.
• Most of the tips are applicable to hitters only as I have no experience whatsoever with WL and Sorc in event grinding (They suck anyway. jk Sierra Mike and Corona Extra are gods)
• This was made in March 2020 Corona Event. Some of the said items might not exist in the following big events.
1. When everyone has the same equips on them, what separates a good hunter from a bad hunter is EFFICIENCY.
2. If youre going to make a new character to hunt, try using Guillotine Cross (Assassin 3rd Job) as they are able to carry a divine weapon and another one for either Shamshir or Elemental Sword.
3. Do not put auto-cast cards on your weapon and armor. you only have a limited amount of auto-casted skills (courtesy of jnad05 for the info). In my case, when I put Garm bebe and Garm card, Gazeti card doesn't work. Trading your "bolt" skill (10 dmg on mobs) for a "ball" skill (1 dmg) is just a bad idea.
4. Put your @jump macro on alt+1, then change that macro in settings with any single button you barely use. I personally use "`" for jumping so I don't have to click 2 buttons again and again. I know it's dumb, but if it saves me 0.01 second then dammit it's worth it!
5. You can also put @storage on your macro to make it easier to move your items when you're overweight.
6. A good internet connection is a key to a better efficiency. Stop using youtube when your internet cannot handle it! Or play it in 144p to load it faster.
7. Use a pet. Poring is better than anything since it has 20 slots ( not sure but my gold poring has afaicr) so you have someone to autoloot nearby tokens when Furious Bat dies. Collecting them one by one is a big no no.
8. Jumping around hunting for the Furious Bat is not worth it imo. Better get the top ranks for a surefire ticket and tokens than wasting time chasing a not sure one. Also, the boss in this event does not make the player with most damage get it. It is the one who LAST HIT IT. So even if you don't chase it, there's a good chance that it will jump on your face and kill it.
9. When transitioning from killing a mob to the next one that is a little bit farther from your reach, do not click the next mob right away. Sometimes there's a bug that your character just closes in the gap, then never attack for like 2 seconds. What I do is click the ground/tile to close the gap then immediately attack the mob. I can't explain it as much as I know how to do this, but this will take some practice and experience to do perfectly.
10. When there's tons of mobs hitting you, you can transition attack the next mob easier and smoother than if it isn't based on my opinion. But be careful as the mobs (or at least in Corona Event) has a very weirdly long range and the #9 bug happens.
11. Motivate yourself. Clicking around for hours will just bore you out. I myself want to be the top 1 at every wave, regardless of the buffs.
12. Try to take a pace you can handle. Try to take as much break as you can. Maybe sometimes miss wave 1 and let other players do it. This helps you not stress yourself and have a 100% focus on the wave 2 which is important especially if it's the ticket buff.
13. If you're in it to get an easy ticket and tokens, wave 1 is much easier to get as players tend to do #12 and not play on it. Wave 2 will be full of hungry dawgs trying to get as much tickets as possible.
14. Have fun. At the end of the day, we are all winners.
If you have any questions, reply here or pm me in-game and I will answer what I can. Not during wave 2 though cause I block whispers to focus on it.