The forums have recently been upgraded to a newer version. Please bear with us while we bring back our custom features and tweak our skin to our liking.

Thank you and enjoy!

Xileria

Channel System Guide

Maybe soon a permanent channel system will be implemented for each division but since only few players know the existence of channel system I decided to create this basic guide. This way once the division channel is implemented you know already how to chat inside the channel and how to operate it once you become the operator.

Hopefully this can help everyone learn how to use the channel system.

Channel system is the same system that staffs are using to communicate to each other even though they aren't of the same party or guilds. It's like a normal public chat that can be seen server wide. Yes if everyone will join in a single channel and you wanted to B/S/T you will not even need to use the broadcast system.

2 Type of commands

. (dot)  = commands useable only inside a channel.

@  = used like any other command

2 Types of Channels

Permanent Channels: (moderated by GMs)

#gm - staffs only. You can't join unless you are a staff or invited.

#vending -  saw some people using this channel. but pretty much unused. Supposed to be used for BST stuffs.

#bg - supposed to be used by battleground players.

Custom Channels: (created and operated by players)

-> Open as long that there is still 1 player in the channel.

-> The operator is the creator of the channel until he/she reconnects or pass the authority using .op or a GM entered the channel.

-> If the operator reconnect/dc a new operator will be assigned.

@ Commands

@create #channel = Allows player to create a custom channel. Note: channel names are case sensitive and always start with # (hashtag). if you like to create one with password, put the password after the channel name example: @create #alpha lovedelta. (channel name is #alpha password is lovedelta)

Example on creating a channel:

create_zpsc7c8125d.png

@join #channel = Allows player to join a channel. Note: channel names are case sensitive and always start with #(hashtag). If channel is password protected you need to type the password after the channel name example: @join #alpha lovedelta

(channel name is #alpha password is lovedelta)

@exit #channel = Allows player to leave the channel.

@list = It list the available channels and the number of players inside.

. Commands

-you can only use these commands inside a channel if you are the operator/creator. The channel name must be placed in your whisper box. (the box where you put the name of players you wanted to whisper)

.list - shows whoever is inside the channel.

.color (1- 39) - allow the operator to change channel message color.

.kick "player name" - kick a player

.op "player name" - pass the operator power to another player inside the channel.

.pass "password" - put a password to the channel.

.pass off - remove password to the channel.

.close #channel - close a channel you created.

example on how to use . (dot) commands

colorchange_zpse7ab1b15.png

How to chat inside the channel:

You simply need to put the channel name to your whisper box. (as if you were sending whisper to everyone inside the channel)

example on how to chat inside a system channel.

chatting_zps0c927b1b.png

Note: you can only join upto 4 channels.

How to chat inside the channel:

You simply need to put the channel name to your whisper box. (as if you were sending whisper to everyone inside the channel)

question.. including the "#"

@IamSky

yep. the full name of channel with hashtag. I'll add some pic later.

@Imperishable

Thank you :D

yeah good for guild alliance chat for WoE. Sir Haze said he will add the permanent division channel but player created channel can be used temporarily too.

Added some pictures as example.

Questions,
if the operator logged out, is the created channel destroyed?
If I joined a channel and I logged out, I'm I remove from the channel and needed to reconnect to the channel?

Thanks... Nice Guide +1

another question. if the server restart. does this mean all channel will be gone too? and re-create the channel?.... or it will stay?

Great guide! 

Maybe I should make an NPC to provide this information in-game and add join/create channel on an npc menu as well to make channels more usable. I am working on permanent channels for divisions.

Player made channels are destroyed on server restart

Great guide! 

Maybe I should make an NPC to provide this information in-game and add join/create channel on an npc menu as well to make channels more usable. I am working on permanent channels for divisions.

Player made channels are destroyed on server restart

can you make division channels private? just let the division leaders know their own division channel's password and let them spread the word.

can you make division channels private? just let the division leaders know their own division channel's password and let them spread the word.

haha i dont think so.. one spill of password and boom.. better if make it only accessible to what division player belongs.

Yeah, its easy to make it private however im sure password will leak on the day itself. LOL. #PrayforDelta

haha i dont think so.. one spill of password and boom.. better if make it only accessible to what division player belongs.

That will be great, kinda like Division Restricted chat channel.

But overall good guide Xileria. <3

another question.. if im the operator.. then i log out.. does the operator postion transfer to others? or im still the operator?

it will be transferred.

-> The operator is the creator of the channel until he/she reconnects or pass the authority using .op or a GM entered the channel.

-> If the operator reconnect/dc a new operator will be assigned. If no player is inside the channel it will automatically close.

I really wish that it's possible to make the creator the operator of the custom channel as long that it is not yet close but I doubt it is possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway thank you guys. Honestly I do not know the existence of this system before until I became an SP and I realized that I am not alone since everytime I invite a friend to join my channel they are asking me how to join and chat there. Well I am glad it helps you too.

it will be transferred.

-> If the operator reconnect/dc a new operator will be assigned. If no player is inside the channel it will automatically close.

I really wish that it's possible to make the creator the operator of the custom channel as long that it is not yet close but I doubt it is possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway thank you guys. Honestly I do not know the existence of this system before until I became an SP and I realized that I am not alone since everytime I invite a friend to join my channel they are asking me how to join and chat there. Well I am glad it helps you too.

oh great. yeah the leadership was transfered after i log in.. i already read about this channel thingee but hesitant to do cause the guide i saw was too technical.. im having hard time to understand.

Edited by IAmSky

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.