Zerro

Zeph's Hunting Quest Guide for Dummies

Zeph's Hunting Quest for Dummies

The update introduced the newest farming craze which is the Zeph's Hunting Quest. The NPC is found at the Deathmatch Shop in Caspen and is willing to pay a HUGE (Yes, I mean huge. Find out why) reward for hunting a grocery list of monsters ranging from Porings to Raydrics or whatever.

To make this more appealing, the possible rewards for doing this quest is:

1. An amount of Rok Star Badges (which can be exchanged at the BattleGrounds room) which increase per every mission that you finish

2. An amount of Deathmatch Points (which can be used at the Deathmatch shop) which increase per every mission that you finish

3. Zennies up to 600 Million (which is quite rewarding in my opinion and it depends on the difficulty *thanks Miintyy and Xero*)

4. Base and Job Experience (which is why I think it's good to do this as early as you're level 200)

Now usually, the quest will require to kill a certain number of monsters and will usually start with 90 monsters each. In total, that's about 450 monsters to kill. How to make this easier? Here are the custom commands you may need:

@mission = keeps track of your hunting list and the time remaning

@whereis = locates the map where the monster is roaming. Usually, the first map is where the monster is at it's plentiest

@warp = allows you to warp to any map and coordinates

@jump = allows you to jump from one coordinate to another

While this is aimed to promote farming for most newbies in the server, I'll recommend you to maximize the farming potential by using items that drop consumables so you will either sell it OR use it for self-benefits.

You may want to use:

1. Love Flower Hat - for Yggdrasil Seed farming

2. Wings of Light - for Holy Elemental Scroll farming

3. Wings of Darkness - for Undead Elemental Scroll farming

The rest will be up to you to find out. Research on card bonuses so you can make use of the hunting mission efficiently.

Lastly, I'm going to give away one tip that most hunters don't know.

The hunting mission can be done IN A PARTY.

Yes. Even I was surprised when my friend (who was new to the server too) told me this and yes, it's WAY effective to be in a party since you can hunt faster, waste less time AND you can make use of the 32 minute cooldown if you finish the quest.

So what do you do to make use of the party advantage?

1. Make a party of at least 2 (more players in your party means faster completion of the quest since you are scattered across the map).

2. Take turns to see who will do the hunting first.

3. Help the person in your party doing the quest by killing the monsters he's currently killing. Since the monsters you're killing are usually scattered across the map, it's better if you're far away from each other to be able to clear the mission faster.

4. Once the person doing the quest has finished his hunting, make use of his 32 minute cooldown by asking another person in your party to take up the quest.

5. Repeat steps 2 and 3.

6. When it's your turn again, do the same ^-^

Once you've finished 45 missions, the mission difficulty goes back to Level 1 (thanks to jeromecute0529)

So these are my tips and advices I can give for Zeph's Hunting Quest. As you can see, the rewards of this quest are rewarding and can gear you (and your friends) within a few days of doing this. Just don't be lazy and you'll end up in the top.

If you find any information misleading or wrong, feel free to comment and post on this thread.

Happy hunting an Cheers!

- Zerro

If you think this guide was helpful, press the GREEN button

Edited by Orrez Ssorc

Zerra~ The reward can be up to 600M ~ Depends on the difficulty of the mission :3

Good guide, and yes, it can reach 600m, if it reaches "SUPER DUPER INSANELY HARD" mode

*BISH* finally you reveal this great secret of hunting! xD

ps: me and my bro was doing the quest, and after it was done, he leveled up.

So I believe it actually gives experience.

A question, where can someone find a "love flower hat"?

There's a Headgear Exchanger in the BattleGrounds room which gives one for 200 badges

Just a quick question, how does the gold earned/rok badges earn increased per difficulty? Is there any guides around lying here that could lead me there?

Just finish the quests consecutively and as the mission rises, the difficulty does too (I haven't been trying the more late quests though)

*BISH* finally you reveal this great secret of hunting! xD

ps: me and my bro was doing the quest, and after it was done, he leveled up.

So I believe it actually gives experience.

;D Thanks for the info! Will update it as of now...

Nice Guide :)

Add: after you finish 45 missions it will reset back to 89each Mobs.

It does? Ok thanks for the tip :)

No... the one who initiated the mission will get the reward. It's just faster if it's done in a party

@iSpeak from headgear machine slot! i got one wing of darkness for sale if u want, give me a price :) pm me

what is the effect of that?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.