All lag or server down discussion belongs on this topic.
It will be used for the staff to track the server's stability and for the players to ask the community if they are also experiencing problems.
- All lag/server down conversation and reports should be posted on this topic and this topic ONLY.
- There is no need to spam random topics, status updates or the shoutbox with "lag" messages as they are hard to track and will not solve anything.
- Usually, 95% of the time all lag related issues are personal and do not affect the entire server.
- If you are lagging you can post on this topic to ask if it's just you or everyone else lagging.
- The staff will check this topic constantly and take the necessary actions when the server itself is being unstable.
- If you cannot connect to the server you may post on this topic to ask if the server is down for you or for everyone else.
HOW TO TEST IF ITS THE SERVER LAGGING OR YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION?
- Download and Install WinMTR from here. It's a program that shows the route your internet takes to reach our server and will show the delay it takes to reach it and where that delay is taking place.
- Once installed, run the MTR to the server's IP: 18.104.22.168
- Let the program run for a few minutes, at least until 100 packets are sent/received.
- The program will show you where the lag originates and you will see if its you or the server lagging.
- If you are unsure on how to read the results, take a screenshot of the results and post them on this topic by uploading the image to postimg.org then wait for a staff member to advice you.
Here is an example of how the MTR results look.
This is how MTR results look when the connection is stable:
This is how the MTR results look when the server is unstable and causing disconnections.
This is how MTR results look when its YOUR connection being unstable: