The forums have recently been upgraded to a newer version. Please bear with us while we bring back our custom features and tweak our skin to our liking.

Thank you and enjoy!

• Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
HaZe

ARE YOU LAGGING/CANT CONNECT ?

Question

All lag or server down discussion belongs on this topic.

It will be used for the staff to track the server's stability and for the players to ask the community if they are also experiencing problems.

1. All lag/server down conversation and reports should be posted on this topic and this topic ONLY.
  2. There is no need to spam random topics, status updates or the shoutbox with "lag" messages as they are hard to track and will not solve anything.
  3. Usually, 95% of the time all lag related issues are personal and do not affect the entire server.
  4. If you are lagging you can post on this topic to ask if it's just you or everyone else lagging.
  5. The staff will check this topic constantly and take the necessary actions when the server itself is being unstable.
  6. If you cannot connect to the server you may post on this topic to ask if the server is down for you or for everyone else.

HOW TO TEST IF ITS THE SERVER LAGGING OR YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION?

1. Download and Install WinMTR from here. It's a program that shows the route your internet takes to reach our server and will show the delay it takes to reach it and where that delay is taking place.
  2. Once installed, run the MTR to the server's IP: 192.169.80.94
  3. Let the program run for a few minutes, at least until 100 packets are sent/received.
  4. The program will show you where the lag originates and you will see if its you or the server lagging.
  5. If you are unsure on how to read the results, take a screenshot of the results and post them on this topic by uploading the image to postimg.org then wait for a staff member to advice you.

Here is an example of how the MTR results look.

This is how MTR results look when the connection is stable:

Notice there is no packet loss and the average ping is less than 100ms (may vary with distance to the server. 100ms = 0.1 second)

MTR3.jpg

This is how the MTR results look when the server is unstable and causing disconnections. 

Notice the packet loss after "voxility" host, which is our host routing and anti DDoS.

MTR0525.jpg

This is how MTR results look when its YOUR connection being unstable:

Notice the packet loss and high latency starts as soon as the route begins, before the connection ever reaches our server.
MTRBAD.png

Another example of the connection not even leaving your area or being blocked by a firewall. This may be the answer if you get Failed to connect.

mtrehh.jpg

425 answers to this question

We have a place to complain about lags now. Don't do it somewhere else please (especially shoutbox)

Edited by Faelnirv

Not sure what happened to our other topic but it worked pretty well back then.

Not sure what happened to our other topic but it worked pretty well back then.

it got buried most likely. 

Can't log in. Keeps saying "failed to connect to server?" I was just logged in for about 15 minutes and then I tried to switch characters then couldn't log back in.

Hhmmm .... Why not just expose the IP address of the game? In that case, people can just ping and trace route their way.

All I know is this:

• The Website IP Address is 69.162.104.178
  • The In-game IP Address is 192.169.80.94

Because it is what my netstat is telling me.

All though in some cases, even if I have a good ping and tracert is giving me a good response, I can't just connect and I can't figure out why. Flushing the DNS cache and, releasing and renewing my IP does not work. Restarting my laptop and router also does not work.

And here's a more weirder thing. I have 3-5 networks that I can connect to, 3 of them is globe(ISP) and 2 of  them is pldt(ISP). I can connect in-game using one of my globe_1 network, but when I switch network, like for example using globe_2, now I can't connect. I am pretty sure that it's not my ISPs, I can guarantee that 100%.

You can check my IP log anytime you want if you think that I am lying. LMFAO !!!

i dont know if asian connection problem or the server :( 
now i cant log in always failconnect to server :(
Please haze fix this problem for everyone and asian player :(
or try change to main VPS Server more power dreamerRO 

i dont know if asian connection problem or the server :( 

now i cant log in always failconnect to server :(

Please haze fix this problem for everyone and asian player :(

or try change to main VPS Server more power dreamerRO 

must be your connection , i live around Asia and i have no lag issues earlier and no lag at all

must be your connection , i live around Asia and i have no lag issues earlier and no lag at all

i dont think so, im not sure cuz im using 8mbps and i was played other server with 1.5k player + Youtube and extra download and i have no lagg issue

and i'm not only complain who's experiance always disconnection or laggy sorry please (no offense)

Gm why is that sometimes after i change char i have difficulty on logging in. It said that "Failed to connect. Check server status. I checked the server status it said Online. But  i cant log in back.

i dont think so, im not sure cuz im using 8mbps and i was played other server with 1.5k player + Youtube and extra download and i have no lagg issue

and i'm not only complain who's experiance always disconnection or laggy sorry please (no offense)

This actually. But since he said "it is our ISP" so I don't really have anything to point anymore. It is not like dro is the only game I play in international server. Not to mention force DC sometimes. But.... it's okay.