The forums have recently been upgraded to a newer version. Please bear with us while we bring back our custom features and tweak our skin to our liking.

Thank you and enjoy!

• Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
HaZe

Battleground Ranking System

logo.png

Greetings Dreamers!

Today we are releasing a very special update regarding our Battlegrounds System. It consists of a system that allows our players to earn Battleground Points (BGP) each time they win a battlegrounds round. These points are used to unlock Battleground Ranks, which in return unlocks access to various commands to show off your rank to the world!

pointsystem.png

Each time you participate in a battlegrounds round you have the opportunity to earn BGP when you win. However, you can also lose BGP when you lose a battlegrounds round.

• Each win awards anywhere from 20-25 BGP (random)
  • Each loss deducts your BGP by -15 to -20 BGP (random)
  • Losing in Tripple Inferno only deducts 10-15 BGP since 2/3 teams will lose.
  • You can earn 3 BGP for breaking an Emperium in Conquest or Rush, and 1 BGP for capturing a flag in CTF.

infoandmedals.png

While you accumulate BGP you will have the opportunity to move up in the battleground ranks. There are 10 ranks available ranging from Beginner to Master. All of the ranks have their own Battleground Medal, Name Tags and also the ability to unlock taunting sound effects.

DREAMER_RO_BADGES.png

blingtaunt.png

When you use the command @bling, the battleground medal belonging to your rank will appear on top of your character for 3.5 seconds, along with a nice sound effect and a visual effect. You can listen to the sound effect of each badge by clicking the links below.

Aside from the command to display your battleground badge you will also gain access to "Taunting" Sound effects as you climb through the ranks. These taunt sounds can be used through the commands @t1 ~ @t6. Each one will produce a sound effect that will be heard by all the players on the map. These sounds can be used anywhere except in Caspen town.

In addition to the beautiful Battleground Medals and the the awesome taunting sound effects, we also implement the commands @bton and @bgoff. These commands will display your current Battleground rank in front of your name. Example: [Master] HaZe  or [bronze] HaZe.

In the battlegrounds waiting room you will find a new npc that is in charge of everything related to this system. He will provide you with information about the system, display your stats, show the global ranking and sell you BGP Boosts.

You can use BGP Boosts to increase the amount of Battleground points you can earn after each round by 50%. Instead of receiving 20-25 BGP when you win, you will earn 30-37 BGP while the boosts are active. At the moment there are 24 Hour boosts and 72 Hour Boosts.
  • 24 Hour BGP Boost - 3 Donation Credits or 5b Zeny
  • 72 Hour BGP Boost - 8 Donation Credits or 12b Zeny

If you want to purchase the boosts with zeny you can speak with the Ranking Manager at the BG waiting room. If you prefer to purchase using donation credits (not tokens) you would need to speak with the Donation Girl npc and find them under the Donation Services menu. The boost box is account bound but once you open the box the boost itself is character bound. The NPC will award each account with a free 1 day boost to get you started into the system, you can claim it via the BG Rank NPC at @go bg.

additional.png

The battleground ranking is based on characters and not on an entire account. That means if you are a Master on your Warlock, your other characters on that account will not be Master.

This is a very complex system and there are bound to be some bugs. We will be rewarding all bug finders anywhere from 5 credits to 100 credits depending on the severity of the bug. If you find a bug regarding the system, such as a way to avoid losing BGP or earning unlimited BGP, or any other bug, please open a support ticket to report it and get rewarded for finding the bug.

At the moment there are no item or monetary rewards on this system. This is a for fun update which we hope veterans and newbies can equally enjoy without increasing the gap between them. However, in the future we may decide to expand the system and add rewards to it, depends how it all works out.

The system is under observation and we are open to any and all feedback regarding this system.

holytullips.png

Special Credits:

• Entire GM and SP team for helping with the brainstorming and discussion
  • Magna Divinus for converting the images into sprites for the medals and providing sound effects for taunts.
  • GM Denoel for helping with the graphics for the medals.

This is awesome hahahaha

not sure but the master badge sound effects sounds like from grand chase when you upgrade a necklace. hahaha still awesome :th_heh:

Edited by garm45

Suggestion : Some sort of indication who used the taunt. Right now it plays in the map and no one has any idea who's taunting. Sorta defeats the purpose of a taunt.

Suggestion : Some sort of indication who used the taunt. Right now it plays in the map and no one has any idea who's taunting. Sorta defeats the purpose of a taunt.

Would be nice indeed...but a broadcast is the only thing I can think of...and well, if you imagine more than a few players taunting at the same time you can see how it can spam the broadcast system...The cool down for taunts is 7 seconds.

Would be nice indeed...but a broadcast is the only thing I can think of...and well, if you imagine more than a few players taunting at the same time you can see how it can spam the broadcast system...The cool down for taunts is 7 seconds.

Make it 30 seconds, have it broadcast mapwide in PVP arenas. Would use it when a guild wipes another.

BOW DOWN

Make it 30 seconds, have it broadcast mapwide in PVP arenas. Would use it when a guild wipes another.

BOW DOWN

Approved.

Ayy Heroes of Newerth taunts are back boys

HAIL TO THE CHAMPION, BABY! LMFAO DUKE NUKEM FTW

HAIL TO THE CHAMPION, BABY! LMFAO DUKE NUKEM FTW

I miss this

And the baby crying one.

to be honest this suggestion is too good and it should be implemented in PVP/WOE not in BG. 

it is something to be proud with? a berry based pvp with no amount of skill needed to survive?

in my point of view i appreciate the amount of hardwork in this update.

does implementing extra sounds and a logo will make BG alive again?

instead of something that is really good.

this is something worth mentioning

(Eye of the Storm, Domination)

-With the current population 300-400, do you guys think its good that we have a wide map berry based pvp? not to mention the ridiculous movement speed now is really bothersome or should i say annoying.

(Gearless Vs Pro)

- guys should consider about players whos in the low-mid tier(those who play for 2-3months and join BG) do you think BG will be alive if those gearless are tired of getting bolt in their ass or being kill in 3-4seconds?

(Skilless)

-so if the odds is in the players favor, a gearless Trapper or can achieve Diamond-Demon-Dragon tier, it is really something to be proud with?

although i might contradict what i mention, i think best way to make BG alive is

1.) Experiment to implement the 3rd job pvp based in BG while nerfing the most possible OP Skill that will be abuse ( DB )

-although once the rune knight got groomied i dont think its fun just to walk around while wearing a 500vit

2.)remove other battleground except for teamdeathmatch, it is to encourage everyone to learn teamplay, and importance of real PVP, rather than running too fast and sitting in the corner of the flag waiting to be conquer by red or blue side

Edited by krauzer2

to be honest this suggestion is too good and it should be implemented in PVP/WOE not in BG. 

it is something to be proud with? a berry based pvp with no amount of skill needed to survive?

in my point of view i appreciate the amount of hardwork in this update.

does implementing extra sounds and a logo will make BG alive again?

instead of something that is really good.

this is something worth mentioning

(Eye of the Storm, Domination)

-With the current population 300-400, do you guys think its good that we have a wide map berry based pvp? not to mention the ridiculous movement speed now is really bothersome or should i say annoying.

(Gearless Vs Pro)

- guys should consider about players whos in the low-mid tier(those who play for 2-3months and join BG) do you think BG will be alive if those gearless are tired of getting bolt in their ass or being kill in 3-4seconds?

(Skilless)

-so if the odds is in the players favor, a gearless Trapper or can achieve Diamond-Demon-Dragon tier, it is really something to be proud with?

although i might contradict what i mention, i think best way to make BG alive is

1.) Experiment to implement the 3rd job pvp based in BG while nerfing the most possible OP Skill that will be abuse ( DB )

-although once the rune knight got groomied i dont think its fun just to walk around while wearing a 500vit

2.)remove other battleground except for teamdeathmatch, it is to encourage everyone to learn teamplay, and importance of real PVP, rather than running too fast and sitting in the corner of the flag waiting to be conquer by red or blue side

So the veterans can all group up and gang (even more) on the newbies? Leaving them with no chance of ever reaching high ranks? since they would lose exp when they die and pros would just team up in parties of 15-20 and farm together to not lose exp while newbies and loners get spanked. At least in BG everyone is equal and they can all earn exp as long as they play and try hard.

Until when we can claim the free 1 day BGP boost?

Probably forever. It's 1 per account and it's supposed to help you get started and reach beginner rank quickly.