Today we present a new NPC that offers the amazing opportunity to purchase limited edition rare items via Zeny. However, these aren't normal rare items...Although they have the same sprite as many previously released rares, these ones have the ability to "change" the effects they provide based on the player's choice.
NPC: Variant Rare Merchant
Location: caspen 115 160
The rare items in these shop cost anywhere from 400 to 600 billion Zeny. In order to purchase rare items from the variant rare shop you must exchange billion zeny bags into 100B Zeny Chests via the npc above. One 100B Zeny Chest costs 100x 1b Zeny Bags, however, you can also use Discount Coupons to reduce the price of each 100B Zeny Chest by 20%.
- No Discount Coupon - 4 Zeny Chests will cost you 400x 1B Zeny bags.
- 1 Discount Coupon - 4 Zeny Chests will cost you 380x 1b Zeny Bags.
- 2 Discount Coupon - 4 Zeny Chests will cost you 360x 1b Zeny Bags.
- 3 Discount Coupon - 4 Zeny Chests will cost you 340x 1b Zeny Bags.
** Keep in mind that the Zeny Chests are account bound and they cannot be exchanged back into Zeny bags or Zeny after they are converted into Chests.
** You can obtain Discount Coupons at a low rate by killing inside the Hero Arena, 3rd Jobs arena, HHH and Battlegrounds.
The rare items available in this shop offer 3 different effects. You can choose and change which effect the rare gives by speaking with the Variant Rare Merchant NPC. He will offer you the opportunity to choose one of the following effects for your rare:
- Increases physical damage against demi-humans by 25% and reduces after-skill delay by 30%.
- Increases magical damage against demi-humans by 25% and reduces after-skill delay by 30%.
- Increases all stats by 35 and reduces after-skill delay by 30%. (new)
You must pay 1B zeny and 500 Cashpoints (converted DM points) each time you want to change the effect that your variant rare provides. You can change effects as many times as you want! There are no limits!
In addition to the awesome rare sprites with variant effects, purchasing one of these rares also unlocks a new forum award badge. This award is similar to those badges given to Elite Heroes, Helpers and Forum Veterans and it is displayed under your avatar every time you post on the forums. In order to qualify for the Billionaire's Award you will need to purchase at least one Variant Rare and then you will need to apply for the award.
Billionaire's Forum Award
How to apply for the Billionaires Award?
- Purchase Variant Rare from the NPC
- Apply for the award in-game at the npc located in prontera 165 290
- Apply for the award on the forums by writing on this topic and the award you are applying for.
- Wait for a Game master to check the awards topic and see if you qualify for the award.
To view a list of all the items available via the Variant Rare Shop please open the spoiler below. Keep in mind that they are all account bound and that the prices may change at any time without warning. As of right now it is not know whether the shop will be available permanently or not. We will leave it open for 3 months and see if it had a positive impact on the economy and gameplay before we decide to leave it permanent.
You can preview all the rares in-game via the Fitting Room NPC, accessible through the Donation Girl NPC.