The forums have recently been upgraded to a newer version. Please bear with us while we bring back our custom features and tweak our skin to our liking.

Thank you and enjoy!

• Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
HaZe

The Royal Rumble - [ Automated Event ]

royalrumble.png

We are very excited to present to you the newest addition to our automated event schedule!
Our players asked for more PvP and more action, and we are here to deliver!

information.png
The Royal Rumble Event is a new automated event that consists of a PvP arena where there are no parties allowed and all participants are rewarded for killing other players in an All vs All style match. The goal of the event is to earn as many points as you can by killing other players inside the Royal Rumble Arena. Each kill awards you a number of "Royal Rumble Points" that will dictate who wins the event when the time is up. The twist of the event is that you also lose points when you die or kill yourself in the arena.

The Royal Rumble Event lasts for a total of 30 minutes, excluding a 10 minute registration period before the event starts. At the end of the 30 minutes, the 3 players with the highest amount of points will be greatly rewarded. However, you can also earn great rewards simply by participating on the event!

rewards.png

• First place wins 350 DM Points, 1B Zeny and 1 Event Ticket
  • Second place wins 250 DM Points and 1B Zeny
  • Third place wins 150 DM Points and 500M Zeny

In addition, every kill inside the Royal Rumble Arena offers the following rewards:

• 3 Deathmatch points per kill
  • Montangu Kills (if applicable)
  • Elite Weapon Kills (if applicable)
  • 50% chance to get an instant heal
  • 25% chance to earn a Heroic Coin

Buffing Angel

Every 60 seconds a magical angel will appear on the map. The first player to be close enough to click the angel will receive an instant heal, Lvl 30 Blessing and Lvl 30 Increase Agility! The Elf appears in random locations within the map so you have to be quick enough to reach it in time!

healingangel.png

Healing Pack

There will be a healing pack that will also make a random appearance on the Royal Rumble Arena! The first player to be close enough to click the Healing Pack will receive a full Heal. The healing pack will re-appear in another location 10 seconds after it has been claimed, giving someone else a chance to heal! (Temporarily disabled until number of participants rise)

healingpack.gif

scoring.png

• (+) 1 Point per kill while in a 1~3 kill streak
  • (+) 2 Points per kill while in a 3~5 kill streak.
  • (+) 3 Points per kill while in a 5~10 kill streak.
  • (+) 4 Point per kill while in a 10~20 kill streak.
  • (+) 5 Point per kill while in a 20+ kill streak.
  • (-) You lose 1 Point every time you die inside the event.

Beware! If your Royal Rumble points during the round reach or fall under -5, you will be kicked out of the event and will not be allowed to re-enter until the next Royal Rumble Event.

registration.png

In order to participate in the Royal Rumble Event you will need to register with the NPC during the registration period. You must be a Hero to join the event and 3rd job skills are disabled inside the event. Unfortunately Priest class is also disabled from participating in the event.

Registration Schedule:

• 06:00 to 06:10
  • 21:00 to 21:10

Royal Rumble Start/End Times:

• 6:10 to 6:40
  • 21:00 to 21:40

manager.png

Royal_Rumble_NPC.png

Located at @go morroc

(Morroc 150 105)

I just helped testing the event few hours ago, it's like a light version of HHH; an alternative way to earn e weapon kill and DM, but Hero Coin... :th_hmm:

Just about when I was watching many WWE vids, this came in  :th_heh:

Gotta check it out

does this event give hero kills? what i mean is does this event applicable for 400 kills? ( Elite Quest )

thank you

does this event give hero kills? what i mean is does this event applicable for 400 kills? ( Elite Quest )

Yes it does

thank you

Yes it does

thank you

?????

?????

he (HaZe) said it already in your quote. He said "yes it does"

Good luck collecting 400 hero kills in this royal rumble though.

This certainly degenerated quickly enough into a "royal ganging" event, but is even more prevalent than 500-PVP since 3 people get the rewards now.

This certainly degenerated quickly enough into a "royal ganging" event, but is even more prevalent than 500-PVP since 3 people get the rewards now.

People have been asking for a no party HHH event for a while, at least now they can see with their own eyes that people will gang and team even with parties disabled.

I have been monitoring the event and I am saddened by the few amount of players attending the event even though so many were asking for this type of free for all pvp event. Sadly I cannot force anyone to attack their guild mates and I can see how it can cause drama within guilds.

However, I must remind all players who join the event to refrain from helping/buffing or assisting another player inside the event as you may be punished with a mute, jail or even a temporary ban. 

Honestly tho, Haze, such events only benefits veteran players. NO newbie could ever survive or even score against a vet or worst, a group of vets ganging people. 

That's why people joining would decline in a matter of days. I applaud you for trying something new, but let's face it, ya'll need to focus on events that cater to everyone in the server. 

Edited by oinkoink

Honestly tho, Haze, such events only benefits veteran players. NO newbie could ever survive or even score against a vet or worst, a group of vets ganging people. 

That's why people joining would decline in a matter of days. I applaud you for trying something new, but let's face it, ya'll need to focus on events that cater to everyone in the server. 

Newbie players have many other opportunities to join the events - including the automated events, newbie friendly events hosted by GMs, seasonal events etc. Of course this one is mostly for the veterans but we are trying to satisfy both groups - newbies and "old" players. Beside that - Haze and I were watching one newbie ruling on HHH with freebie set - I believe they will have a chance to survive during this event (if we won't count players that are planning to make groups without the parties).

I am personally supporting newbies but I see nothing wrong with creating something that veterans might enjoy. It's always impossible to satisfy the whole community with one update..

Also edit: We can always brainstorm for the good event for newbies as well. One support player already suggested the abracadabra battles that could be funny for both - veterans and the new players. I already am thinking about the rules and how this event would actually work.

People aren't joining cause they're just plain lazy. They would rather just make their own PVP setups/events on their on (e.g @go 3) I see a lot of vets on payon just killing each other for the fun of it. I think you should focus on newbie related events moving forward, and I mean newbie, make it account creation based, i know setting up a map for an event that can detect account creation would be pretty hard but that would be something that can benefit newbies and help them transition, I've been playing dRO for over a year now but sadly i'm still a newbie, partly would be due to my fault since i really don't play hard (3-4 hours per day) and i don't know anything regarding builds, PVP and what not, but still it's a process and hopefully i'll get there someday lmao.