04 May 2017 - 05:01 AM
Okay, it seems this poll has reached it's verdict considering most of the latest comments are not adding on to the discussion and the number of new votes has decreased. We probably already have a random sample of players who voted for this poll so future results are likely to be about the same as they are now.
Now, I'm going to try to take a stab at the results of the poll and share how I analyze the answers to make a decision. I understand many may evaluate the answers differently than I do.
1. Did you ever used macros/auto hotkeys in DreamerRO before Gepard? (answer is anonymous)
- The higher amount of players (56%) voted that they never used macros in DreamerRO. This means they have not experienced the benefits offered by macros in the game first hand, so they still do not know if they would like to play using macros or not. (Because they never tried it here, but maybe they have in other servers). This makes the rest of the poll results a bit bias because a lot of the voters are not properly informed about the use of macros, their benefits and their consequences.
(Kinda like people in countries vote NO to medicinal marijuana use but they have never tried it themselves). Still, that means 56% of the community needs to be taught what exactly are macros, how they are used and will have to learn to practice playing DreamerRO with macros. Some of these people may learn to like playing with macros once they read guides on our forums on how to use them or simply just enable them. The rest voted that they have used it so they likely understand a little bit about the many things you can do with macros, and some probably are still using it now with Gepard enabled.
2. Do you care if other people use macros/auto hot keys in DreamerRO? (answer is anonymous)
- This is a pretty dead lock answer, 50% of the community cares and the other 50% does not care. The answer to the first question plays a big role here, we know that roughly 60% of the community has not tried macros and have poor information about them, still they care if someone uses it. Maybe if they used it themselves they would not care as much if others are using it. We believe if everyone is on the same even field automatizing keyboard and mouse actions, fewer of them will care less about others using macro because they would be using and enjoying the benefits as well.
3. Should DreamerRO allow macros/auto hot keys into the game? (answer is anonymous)
- The results to these questions are almost too close to base a decision of whether or not the server should allow Macros. The small majority of the server voted YES to implement macros. In a way, they recognize the negative effect it has had on the server and they believe allowing it would overall benefit the server. Some of them may not know all of the consequences that come from enabling macros, but they still voted yet. A very big group of players obviously believes that the server SHOULD NOT enable macros. They want a fair play and don't necessarily want to be forced to use a macro. The only thing I have to say is, the server had macros from 2008 to 2016 and it still did pretty good. Things don't have to be as drastic as those people who voted no may be thinking. Not only that, but we are aware that there are special keyboards and mouses that CAN STILL macro even with Gepard Shield enabled...so fully enabling it for all may actually further close the gap between players.
4. Do you think the server would grow if it allowed macros to be widely used in the game?
- This answer is pretty significant, more than half of the server believes the use of macros would increase the population of the server, and remember 60% of the server has never tried macros yet. Still, many of you acknowledge that a lot of players need macro to compete and/or enjoy the server and have seen the effect Gepard has had on the population of the game. About 30% voted that they do not believe macros enabled would increase the population. Many of these people believe some will quit if they are enabled and that the server should resort to implementing new content to make the population rise. Regarding this answer, we have to remember macros were unabled for years up until only 8 months ago and people still joined, the server still grew. We have had new implementations in the last 8 months and the server population still declined. So it seems, like i mentioned in another response, that a combination of macro disabled and the addition of new content would be the ideal way to make the server population grow.
5. Would you quit if the server allowed macros/auto hot keys? (answer is anonymous)
- The answer to this questions is pretty significant..A grand majority of 75% of the server says they will not quit if macros were enabled. These are people that love the server regardless of whether macro is in play or not, they just want to see the server grow and enjoy what the sever has to offer. We know that a lot of players who previously quit may decide to re-join is macros were enabled on an even field, and we know a macro server may even attract a lot of people who are looking for a server where macros are not against the rules. So if 75% of the server stays with macro and we attract a lot of new/old people back into the server, that may ultimately mean the server would grow. We can't ignore the 25% of the server that said they would quit if macros were enabled, but again, we have to remember 60% of them never tried macros..If they could come to our forums and learn/download compiled macros they may learn to like them and enjoy the game further.
Taking in the results of the poll, the GM team has carefully decided that the best solution to increase the current population of the server is to enable the automation of keyboard and mouse functions through the use of macros, while at the same time implementing new content into the game, balancing current content, and performing careful skill balances to ensure macro use does not make certain jobs abusively overpowered.
The Game Plan
The plan is to start out by enabling macros via an auto-patcher update to ensure it works out as we expect it. We want to enable only macros while keeping Gepard Shield enabled. That means that bots, wpe, 0 delay sprites and everything else that Gepard Shield blocks will still be blocked from the server. Once we know it still blocks the desired 3rd party programs and enables macros, we continue on by updating the server rules to make macros legal. We need to carefully explains in the rules what is allowed and what is not allowed when it comes to macro use, for example..auto-farming with macro still counts as AFK farming, a ban-able offense. We plan to release new rules regarding macro within the first 48 hours of macro becoming legal on the server.
As soon as macros become enabled on the server we will start observing and making skill balancing changes to take care of any skill that behaves abnormally with the use of macros. What we want is to keep the skill spam rate similar to what it is without macros, we do not want to add a high fixed delay and kill any skill. If a cool down is the best solution to it, then it will be a cool down. If a reduction of damage is the best solution, then we do that, etc etc.. We need to observe each skill to make these decisions, and of course, we will depend on player feedback to combat these skills that may become overpowered with macros.
WIth macros becoming enabled on the server, the forums guide section will have a new area where people will ask questions about macros and share guides on already configured macros. We hope that just how players share optimal ED/ET and Caspen Dungeon builds, some players will actually share their amazing pre-made macros to everyone on a guide. In the future, if macros prove to be a good decision, the server full client itself would come with a safe macro that would simply need to be enabled.
We know it will probably be impossible for everyone to be on the same playing field when it comes to macro and their benefits, but if we have the resources on our forums on how to properly use them for different functions, then maybe we can help close that gap a little bit. The fact that our forums may become a sanctuary for macro guides, our server may even end up getting new traffic from other players looking to learn to macro and end up staying on the server since they are enabled.
We have a list of new content that has already been shared on this topic by GM Denoel. These are suggestions that have been thoroughly discussed, accepted, and are soon to be coded and implemented on the server. The first big feature that will be implemented will be an extensive Mining, Forging and Crafting system that will turn many dungeons into mines that can be dug for minerals. These minerals will be required for over a dozen new equipment, new fused mvp cards and incorporated into other areas of the game as well. We would love to follow up with new guild houses, guild treasures, rotation of hero/donation shop, elite endless tower and addition of new/official instance dungeons. We would love to hear from our players on the things they like to see on the server in regards to new content and tweaking of current content.
Just like we said in the original Gepard Shield Release topic. We will observe the impact of enabling macros of the game for a couple of months. If the game plan is not working as we expected, it is very easy to turn back and disable macros again. We do ask our players to have an open mind about this change and give it a try with an open mind. We only want what is better for the server and our players.
In the end it will depend on the community whether the server rises or falls. If we have a loyal player base that is honest with their suggestions and comments it would be very hard for our server to fail.
IF YOU WANT TO HELP THE SERVER GROW, YOU CAN DO YOUR PART BY RENEWING YOUR RATEMYSERVER REVIEW HERE.
Go to the full post »