Welcome to DreamerRO's Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox Dreamer's Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Changelog       In-game Guides       Job Guides       Rules       Review us       Support Ticket       Stability Discussion

Failure to follow the rules below may result in a permanent ban from the shoutbox without warning.
1. Server Down or Lag discussions do not belong on the shout box, you may ask here.
2. Do not start misleading discussions or rumors without facts
* You need 5 active posts to use the shout box. (Do not spam or post useless stuff to reach 5 posts)
@  RVDL : (19 October 2017 - 08:27 PM) why isnt there a "choose the rare" poll yet?
@  Ykram : (19 October 2017 - 06:48 PM) reboot
@  darkrogue : (19 October 2017 - 06:48 PM) reboot is starting.. please logout now.. save your work ^__^
@  Acolyte Class : (19 October 2017 - 02:46 PM) nope
@  Aronpogi14 : (19 October 2017 - 02:00 PM) server down?
@  Maximus Lodbrok : (19 October 2017 - 07:22 AM) FREE DTOKS FREE TICKETS FREE RARE
@  matmen : (19 October 2017 - 07:22 AM) no timecast
@  Aronpogi14 : (19 October 2017 - 06:59 AM) ok thanks
@  HaZe : (19 October 2017 - 06:58 AM) @Aronpogi14 I got your ticket just be patient
@  Aronpogi14 : (19 October 2017 - 06:53 AM) there u are lol haze question regarding wanderer cant sex change
@  Ecstasy : (19 October 2017 - 06:52 AM) How to disable login pin?
@  Lv1 Akikiw : (19 October 2017 - 06:48 AM) @matmen is the doublecast always on for sorc? or just no casting time?
@  matmen : (19 October 2017 - 06:47 AM) @ Lv1 Akikiw it give 30% increase damage in all bolt magic and give warlock lvl 2 dubblecast and instant double cast for sorc
@  Lv1 Akikiw : (19 October 2017 - 06:46 AM) guys what is the exact effect of nydc?
@  HaZe : (19 October 2017 - 06:44 AM) @Aronpogi14 You can see if I am on by looking at the whos online section at the bottom of the forums :th_heh:
@  Aronpogi14 : (19 October 2017 - 06:31 AM) haze on?
@  Lv1 Akikiw : (19 October 2017 - 06:29 AM) what is the effect of nydc?
@  ulol69 : (19 October 2017 - 06:13 AM) secret identity is required :th_e4:
@  Aronpogi14 : (19 October 2017 - 06:12 AM) haze on ?
@  Venie : (19 October 2017 - 06:00 AM) :th_ok: :th_e1:

Photo

Anonymous Poll About Gepard Shield

Best Answer HaZe, 04 May 2017 - 05:01 AM

Okay, it seems this poll has reached it's verdict considering most of the latest comments are not adding on to the discussion and the number of new votes has decreased. We probably already have a random sample of players who voted for this poll so future results are likely to be about the same as they are now.

Now, I'm going to try to take a stab at the results of the poll and share how I analyze the answers to make a decision. I understand many may evaluate the answers differently than I do.

1. Did you ever used macros/auto hotkeys in DreamerRO before Gepard? (answer is anonymous)

- The higher amount of players (56%) voted that they never used macros in DreamerRO. This means they have not experienced the benefits offered by macros in the game first hand, so they still do not know if they would like to play using macros or not. (Because they never tried it here, but maybe they have in other servers). This makes the rest of the poll results a bit bias because a lot of the voters are not properly informed about the use of macros, their benefits and their consequences. (Kinda like people in countries vote NO to medicinal marijuana use but they have never tried it themselves).  Still, that means 56% of the community needs to be taught what exactly are macros, how they are used and will have to learn to practice playing DreamerRO with macros. Some of these people may learn to like playing with macros once they read guides on our forums on how to use them or simply just enable them. The rest voted that they have used it so they likely understand a little bit about the many things you can do with macros, and some probably are still using it now with Gepard enabled.

2. Do you care if other people use macros/auto hot keys in DreamerRO? (answer is anonymous)

- This is a pretty dead lock answer, 50% of the community cares and the other 50% does not care. The answer to the first question plays a big role here, we know that roughly 60% of the community has not tried macros and have poor information about them, still they care if someone uses it. Maybe if they used it themselves they would not care as much if others are using it. We believe if everyone is on the same even field automatizing keyboard and mouse actions, fewer of them will care less about others using macro because they would be using and enjoying the benefits as well.

3. Should DreamerRO allow macros/auto hot keys into the game? (answer is anonymous)

- The results to these questions are almost too close to base a decision of whether or not the server should allow Macros. The small majority of the server voted YES to implement macros. In a way, they recognize the negative effect it has had on the server and they believe allowing it would overall benefit the server. Some of them may not know all of the consequences that come from enabling macros, but they still voted yet. A very big group of players obviously believes that the server SHOULD NOT enable macros. They want a fair play and don't necessarily want to be forced to use a macro. The only thing I have to say is, the server had macros from 2008 to 2016 and it still did pretty good. Things don't have to be as drastic as those people who voted no may be thinking. Not only that, but we are aware that there are special keyboards and mouses that CAN STILL macro even with Gepard Shield enabled...so fully enabling it for all may actually further close the gap between players.

4. Do you think the server would grow if it allowed macros to be widely used in the game? 
- This answer is pretty significant, more than half of the server believes the use of macros would increase the population of the server, and remember 60% of the server has never tried macros yet. Still, many of you acknowledge that a lot of players need macro to compete and/or enjoy the server and have seen the effect Gepard has had on the population of the game. About 30% voted that they do not believe macros enabled would increase the population. Many of these people believe some will quit if they are enabled and that the server should resort to implementing new content to make the population rise. Regarding this answer, we have to remember macros were unabled for years up until only 8 months ago and people still joined, the server still grew. We have had new implementations in the last 8 months and the server population still declined. So it seems, like i mentioned in another response, that a combination of macro disabled and the addition of new content would be the ideal way to make the server population grow.

5. Would you quit if the server allowed macros/auto hot keys? (answer is anonymous)

- The answer to this questions is pretty significant..A grand majority of 75% of the server says they will not quit if macros were enabled. These are people that love the server regardless of whether macro is in play or not, they just want to see the server grow and enjoy what the sever has to offer. We know that a lot of players who previously quit may decide to re-join is macros were enabled on an even field, and we know a macro server may even attract a lot of people who are looking for a server where macros are not against the rules. So if 75% of the server stays with macro and we attract a lot of new/old people back into the server, that may ultimately mean the server would grow. We can't ignore the 25% of the server that said they would quit if macros were enabled, but again, we have to remember 60% of them never tried macros..If they could come to our forums and learn/download compiled macros they may learn to like them and enjoy the game further.

==================================================================

The Verdict

Taking in the results of the poll, the GM team has carefully decided that the best solution to increase the current population of the server is to enable the automation of keyboard and mouse functions through the use of macros, while at the same time implementing new content into the game, balancing current content, and performing careful skill balances to ensure macro use does not make certain jobs abusively overpowered.

The Game Plan

The plan is to start out by enabling macros via an auto-patcher update to ensure it works out as we expect it. We want to enable only macros while keeping Gepard Shield enabled. That means that bots, wpe, 0 delay sprites and everything else that Gepard Shield blocks will still be blocked from the server. Once we know it still blocks the desired 3rd party programs and enables macros, we continue on by updating the server rules to make macros legal. We need to carefully explains in the rules what is allowed and what is not allowed when it comes to macro use, for example..auto-farming with macro still counts as AFK farming, a ban-able offense. We plan to release new rules regarding macro within the first 48 hours of macro becoming legal on the server. 

As soon as macros become enabled on the server we will start observing and making skill balancing changes to take care of any skill that behaves abnormally with the use of macros. What we want is to keep the skill spam rate similar to what it is without macros, we do not want to add a high fixed delay and kill any skill. If a cool down is the best solution to it, then it will be a cool down. If a reduction of damage is the best solution, then we do that, etc etc.. We need to observe each skill to make these decisions, and of course, we will depend on player feedback to combat these skills that may become overpowered with macros.

Macro Guides

WIth macros becoming enabled on the server, the forums guide section will have a new area where people will ask questions about macros and share guides on already configured macros. We hope that just how players share optimal ED/ET and Caspen Dungeon builds, some players will actually share their amazing pre-made macros to everyone on a guide. In the future, if macros prove to be a good decision, the server full client itself would come with a safe macro that would simply need to be enabled. 

We know it will probably be impossible for everyone to be on the same playing field when it comes to macro and their benefits, but if we have the resources on our forums on how to properly use them for different functions, then maybe we can help close that gap a little bit. The fact that our forums may become a sanctuary for macro guides, our server may even end up getting new traffic from other players looking to learn to macro and end up staying on the server since they are enabled.

New Content

We have a list of new content that has already been shared on this topic by GM Denoel. These are suggestions that have been thoroughly discussed, accepted, and are soon to be coded and implemented on the server. The first big feature that will be implemented will be an extensive Mining, Forging and Crafting system that will turn many dungeons into mines that can be dug for minerals. These minerals will be required for over a dozen new equipment, new fused mvp cards and incorporated into other areas of the game as well. We would love to follow up with new guild houses, guild treasures, rotation of hero/donation shop, elite endless tower and addition of new/official instance dungeons. We would love to hear from our players on the things they like to see on the server in regards to new content and tweaking of current content.

Just like we said in the original Gepard Shield Release topic. We will observe the impact of enabling macros of the game for a couple of months. If the game plan is not working as we expected, it is very easy to turn back and disable macros again. We do ask our players to have an open mind about this change and give it a try with an open mind. We only want what is better for the server and our players.

In the end it will depend on the community whether the server rises or falls. If we have a loyal player base that is honest with their suggestions and comments it would be very hard for our server to fail.

IF YOU WANT TO HELP THE SERVER GROW, YOU CAN DO YOUR PART BY RENEWING YOUR RATEMYSERVER REVIEW HERE.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
123 replies to this topic

Poll: Anonymous Poll About Gepard Shield (178 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you ever used macros/auto hotkeys in DreamerRO before Gepard? (answer is anonymous)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Do you care if other people use macros/auto hot keys in DreamerRO? (answer is anonymous)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Should DreamerRO allow macros/auto hot keys into the game? (answer is anonymous)

Do you think the server would grow if it allowed macros to be widely used in the game? (answer is anonymous)

Would you quit if the server allowed macros/auto hot keys? (answer is anonymous)

Vote

Levias

Levias

God Of One Liners

• Forum Rank
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Favorite Class:Sorcerer

I'm just curious if a lot of the people who are defending the use of macros are aware of how much work will need to be done with class balancing once/if they return?  There's going to be countless nerfs, and eventually hard delays on skills.  Again, not trying to sound like an arrogant prick, but I've seen it all when it comes to all the different ways servers have died.  A handful of said servers have had macro use enabled, and these are the types of hindrances that had to occur to balance the classes because of it.  The end result was a lot of enraged players because their class was nerfed or in some cases, completely neutered.

Now, why is that a problem?

- Countless hours that could have been spent on other things is now being spent backtracking over the classes to re-balance around macro users.  On a server that's (in my opinion) already suffering from class balance gaps (again, I'm not saying there hasn't been work done, there clearly has), is this really such a grand idea?

- After the above occurs, where are the legit players left standing (yes, there are legit players on the server who have never needed a macro).  They'll have no choice but to eventually submit and give into doing/using something that they either don't want to do/use or condemn just to keep up with their macro-using counterparts.  Where's the dignity here?

At the end of the day, I recognise that my opinion probably doesn't matter much... Whether it be because I'm not a dinosaur/respected old player like some other members or not, I don't really care to tell you the truth; take your superiority complex somewhere else (if I had a dollar for every community I've run into with this issue, I'd be rich; noting I've been guilty of it myself at one point).  I know what I know, and after all the servers I've played over the years and after all of what I've observed, I'm confident in my knowledge.  However, with a server this size the determining factor that will sway HaZe's course of action will obviously be, as I sometimes like to say, "for the good of the many, not for the one"; my post is simply food for thought.

If the majority of the community is indeed Hell-bent and jumping for joy/climaxing at the thought of having macros, then I'd at least advise monitoring the situation:

+ If a few months pass post Gepard removal and the population increases by quite a margin, it was probably a good decision.

+ If 6 months pass by and the population is not only pre-fall of Rome, but flourishing beyond old DRO, then you know it was a good choice.

~ If the community becomes too divided regarding the outcome, but the population is flourishing, it may be best to consider creating a custom DRO macro with a comprehensive guide for everyone to be on the same playing field at the very least.

- If a few months pass by post Gepard removal and there's no change in population and a lot of unrest, you'll know what to do, and other avenues will need to be walked in order to help the server.

* Regardless of if macros are embraced or not, I at least hope that a comprehensive guide will be created to allow those who have never used it to use it effectively.

There's a good chance HaZe has been pondering in circles thinking of the potential outcomes already considering the thought and validity in his replies to the thread thus far, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Edited by Levias, 02 May 2017 - 04:45 PM.

Xero

Xero

.:z(•.•-)

• Forum Rank
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Favorite Class:Rune Knight

Users Awards
From the way this thread is going, it looks like high time to quit my Sorcerer. God knows how many thinks it's an OP class already, and be sure of many incoming nerfs to "balance" an "OP" class.

oinkoink

oinkoink

DreamerRO Legend

• Forum Rank
  • 735 posts

I guess desperate times calls for desperate measures huh. SMH.

Please haze, before you even consider legalizing macros, try to make the server less of a hassle to play. 

JustMe

JustMe

N0 CH35T N0 53X

• Forum Rank
  • 2,612 posts
  • Favorite Class:Warlock

Users Awards

~ If the community becomes too divided regarding the outcome, but the population is flourishing, it may be best to consider creating a custom DRO macro with a comprehensive guide for everyone to be on the same playing field at the very least.

notpro

notpro

Experienced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 211 posts
  • Favorite Class:Assassin Cross

Enabling macros and implementing suggestions are not equally exclusive choices. It's not like we plan on simply enabling macros and then sit back and expect the community to magically grow back to 800~1,000 online.  

I mean, ever since gepard we have implemented a wide range of suggestions going from newbie content, medium and veteran content, as well as skill fixes and overall betterment updates. Still, the server didn't grow even when all shops got rotated and new end-game items were introduced..

Notice we didn't ask in the poll if people think Gepard is one of the main reasons for the sever population drop..because we all know that is a fact, not an assumption or opinion.

The optimal solution would be to enable macros (automation of keyboard and mouse) while still keeping bots, wpe, rcx, nodelay sprite modifications, dll injections disabled.  We don't want a server filled with bots and cheaters, but we do see the concern of many people not being able to compete due to various reasons and/or getting bored of the legit gameplay. It is also undeniable that macros do help close the gap between the less skilled and the more skilled players, and if that is something that high rate players seem to be looking at then we have to take it into consideration.

There is no easy or hard choice.

If macros were to be enabled we would then have to follow up with rule changes, skill balancing and even in-game occasional changes to ensure macros can't be overly abused. 

Whether we enable macros or keep them disabled, we will still need to follow up with the implementation of the suggestions mentioned above. We would still need to think of skill balancing modifications to make the PvP environment  healthier. We would still need to think of and implement new features and items to keep the server interesting.

Implementing a bunch of new things and balancing skills alone will not increase of population. We have already been doing that for the last 8 months and the population still declined.

Ultimately the best solution would be a combination of both suggested solutions. Allow emulation of keyboard and mouse(macros) while at the same time implementing suggested/official new content, improving current content and brain storming new content.

The legalization of of macros is what is in discussion here, not necessarily the entire removal of Gepard shield.

Below I leave you the product description of Gepard Shield:

Spoiler

As you can see, the "emulation of mouse and keyboard" is an additional functionality that CAN be removed while keeping more dangerous 3rd party programs disabled. We would still be able to use Gepard Ban to block offenders, Bots and WPE would still be blocked out and zero delay sprites would still be blocked by Gepard shield.

Not only that, but we still have in-game protection via Adelays that helps control the spam of most skills. (Yes, we know not all but just remember it's there for additional protection).

I am the last person that would like to see his server full of players using "Cheat programs" but I am also the last person that wants to see this server fall. I am the first one to admit I was wrong in thinking a legit server would attract more people and that the cheaters would stay and play normally. It did not work as we expected. Many tried, many couldn't compete and many quit. As a result, the legit players that are left are bored and have nobody to kill and are starting to quit as well...and it's not for lack of new content.

Like others have said, times change and the game changes. A lot of people have become accustomed to using macros to play Ragnarok..especially on servers with -100% delay reduction and high max levels.

TL;DR

A combination of macros disabled and implementation of new content seems like the way to go. Either solution on its own will not be enough to revive the population of the server.

You've made your point; I am now swayed and agree with you. 

I've also read Levias' post above and he makes valid points aswell.

Let's see how this goes and hopefully we can get to a boost in population and activity.

Edited by notpro, 02 May 2017 - 08:39 PM.

knightmare123

knightmare123

• Forum Rank
  • 16 posts
  • Locationedolas
  • Favorite Class:Magician

I guess desperate times calls for desperate measures huh. SMH.

Please haze, before you even consider legalizing macros, try to make the server less of a hassle to play. 

Roan

Roan

Raging

• Forum Rank
  • 346 posts
  • LocationDiscord
  • Favorite Class:Royal Guard

I was active in pvp and here in DRO way back 2010-2013... That time during wars we really don't care if they're using macro.. the fact that they lose is still the same.. legit or not.. ( I'm not updated anymore about DRO..sometimes I try to visit my old friends and it looks dead imo).. 

ajisphere

ajisphere

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 39 posts
  • Favorite Class:Novice

trust me if gonna reenable macro = no need to change on the delay on some skills like bolt, aoe wl, other or lower down damage of bolts/ wl aoe/ etc. wl aoe is weak if you understand how to nerf it... it also only flinches ab at war on most cases if ab know how to play. wls also needs flinch to be able to ganba > aoeaoeoaoe. if everyone is ignoring wl at war = ganba + aoe = very slow. ganba + aoe vs brainless lper = the sorc will win the battle coz ganba isnt 100% success chance.

enabling macro or not i 100% believe that SS splash damage should be removed. keep the damage on SS but make it single target. it wont kill the job considering they have 75% demi redux w/ eweap on + arrow storm has splash damage also ss is still good if this is implemented. ranger doesnt need to get flinched to spam ss like crazy + they have aoe lex + aoe status + tanky as wl/sorc (considering no ecoat).. also more tanky than gene since gene eweap is 8% dhr.

Edited by ajisphere, 03 May 2017 - 07:42 PM.

wyio123

wyio123

Experienced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 187 posts
  • Location17
  • Favorite Class:Sura

trust me if gonna reenable macro = no need to change on the delay on some skills like bolt, aoe wl, other or lower down damage of bolts/ wl aoe/ etc. wl aoe is weak if you understand how to nerf it... it also only flinches ab at war on most cases if ab know how to play. wls also needs flinch to be able to ganba > aoeaoeoaoe. if everyone is ignoring wl at war = ganba + aoe = very slow. ganba + aoe vs brainless lper = the sorc will win the battle coz ganba isnt 100% success chance.

enabling macro or not i 100% believe that SS splash damage should be removed. keep the damage on SS but make it single target. it wont kill the job considering they have 75% demi redux w/ eweap on + arrow storm has splash damage also ss is still good if this is implemented. ranger doesnt need to get flinched to spam ss like crazy + they have aoe lex + aoe status + tanky as wl/sorc (considering no ecoat).. also more tanky than gene since gene eweap is 8% dhr.

true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SS opopopooooppppppppppppp

hakoojin

hakoojin

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 41 posts

i did told you haze in your FB page that the server will die cuz of that gepard ahahahah now what :) population sucks now :( sad and also who dafaq will play just to make their fingers numb lul no way /gg
#bringdownGepardo #macronomore #macrois<3

Edited by hakoojin, 04 May 2017 - 12:30 AM.

P sycho

P sycho

• Sarcastic •

• Forum Rank
  • 547 posts
  • Favorite Class:Professor

i did told you haze in your FB page that the server will die cuz of that gepard ahahahah now what :) population sucks now :( sad and also who dafaq will play just to make their fingers numb lul no way /gg

Better don't play dRO then.
#justmy2cents

hakoojin

hakoojin

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 41 posts

Better don't play dRO then.
#justmy2cents

idid :) butthurt? iam just saying what is obvious ahahaha sad :( dying server it is 

Xero

Xero

.:z(•.•-)

• Forum Rank
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Favorite Class:Rune Knight

Users Awards

Your girlfriend must not be happy how easily your fingers get numb.

oinkoink

oinkoink

DreamerRO Legend

• Forum Rank
  • 735 posts

Finger game weak. FOH. 

HaZe

HaZe

Founding Father

• Forum Rank
  • 4,227 posts
  • Favorite Class:Lord Knight

Users Awards
✓  Best Answer

Okay, it seems this poll has reached it's verdict considering most of the latest comments are not adding on to the discussion and the number of new votes has decreased. We probably already have a random sample of players who voted for this poll so future results are likely to be about the same as they are now.

Now, I'm going to try to take a stab at the results of the poll and share how I analyze the answers to make a decision. I understand many may evaluate the answers differently than I do.

1. Did you ever used macros/auto hotkeys in DreamerRO before Gepard? (answer is anonymous)

- The higher amount of players (56%) voted that they never used macros in DreamerRO. This means they have not experienced the benefits offered by macros in the game first hand, so they still do not know if they would like to play using macros or not. (Because they never tried it here, but maybe they have in other servers). This makes the rest of the poll results a bit bias because a lot of the voters are not properly informed about the use of macros, their benefits and their consequences. (Kinda like people in countries vote NO to medicinal marijuana use but they have never tried it themselves).  Still, that means 56% of the community needs to be taught what exactly are macros, how they are used and will have to learn to practice playing DreamerRO with macros. Some of these people may learn to like playing with macros once they read guides on our forums on how to use them or simply just enable them. The rest voted that they have used it so they likely understand a little bit about the many things you can do with macros, and some probably are still using it now with Gepard enabled.

2. Do you care if other people use macros/auto hot keys in DreamerRO? (answer is anonymous)

- This is a pretty dead lock answer, 50% of the community cares and the other 50% does not care. The answer to the first question plays a big role here, we know that roughly 60% of the community has not tried macros and have poor information about them, still they care if someone uses it. Maybe if they used it themselves they would not care as much if others are using it. We believe if everyone is on the same even field automatizing keyboard and mouse actions, fewer of them will care less about others using macro because they would be using and enjoying the benefits as well.

3. Should DreamerRO allow macros/auto hot keys into the game? (answer is anonymous)

- The results to these questions are almost too close to base a decision of whether or not the server should allow Macros. The small majority of the server voted YES to implement macros. In a way, they recognize the negative effect it has had on the server and they believe allowing it would overall benefit the server. Some of them may not know all of the consequences that come from enabling macros, but they still voted yet. A very big group of players obviously believes that the server SHOULD NOT enable macros. They want a fair play and don't necessarily want to be forced to use a macro. The only thing I have to say is, the server had macros from 2008 to 2016 and it still did pretty good. Things don't have to be as drastic as those people who voted no may be thinking. Not only that, but we are aware that there are special keyboards and mouses that CAN STILL macro even with Gepard Shield enabled...so fully enabling it for all may actually further close the gap between players.

4. Do you think the server would grow if it allowed macros to be widely used in the game? 
- This answer is pretty significant, more than half of the server believes the use of macros would increase the population of the server, and remember 60% of the server has never tried macros yet. Still, many of you acknowledge that a lot of players need macro to compete and/or enjoy the server and have seen the effect Gepard has had on the population of the game. About 30% voted that they do not believe macros enabled would increase the population. Many of these people believe some will quit if they are enabled and that the server should resort to implementing new content to make the population rise. Regarding this answer, we have to remember macros were unabled for years up until only 8 months ago and people still joined, the server still grew. We have had new implementations in the last 8 months and the server population still declined. So it seems, like i mentioned in another response, that a combination of macro disabled and the addition of new content would be the ideal way to make the server population grow.

5. Would you quit if the server allowed macros/auto hot keys? (answer is anonymous)

- The answer to this questions is pretty significant..A grand majority of 75% of the server says they will not quit if macros were enabled. These are people that love the server regardless of whether macro is in play or not, they just want to see the server grow and enjoy what the sever has to offer. We know that a lot of players who previously quit may decide to re-join is macros were enabled on an even field, and we know a macro server may even attract a lot of people who are looking for a server where macros are not against the rules. So if 75% of the server stays with macro and we attract a lot of new/old people back into the server, that may ultimately mean the server would grow. We can't ignore the 25% of the server that said they would quit if macros were enabled, but again, we have to remember 60% of them never tried macros..If they could come to our forums and learn/download compiled macros they may learn to like them and enjoy the game further.

==================================================================

The Verdict

Taking in the results of the poll, the GM team has carefully decided that the best solution to increase the current population of the server is to enable the automation of keyboard and mouse functions through the use of macros, while at the same time implementing new content into the game, balancing current content, and performing careful skill balances to ensure macro use does not make certain jobs abusively overpowered.

The Game Plan

The plan is to start out by enabling macros via an auto-patcher update to ensure it works out as we expect it. We want to enable only macros while keeping Gepard Shield enabled. That means that bots, wpe, 0 delay sprites and everything else that Gepard Shield blocks will still be blocked from the server. Once we know it still blocks the desired 3rd party programs and enables macros, we continue on by updating the server rules to make macros legal. We need to carefully explains in the rules what is allowed and what is not allowed when it comes to macro use, for example..auto-farming with macro still counts as AFK farming, a ban-able offense. We plan to release new rules regarding macro within the first 48 hours of macro becoming legal on the server. 

As soon as macros become enabled on the server we will start observing and making skill balancing changes to take care of any skill that behaves abnormally with the use of macros. What we want is to keep the skill spam rate similar to what it is without macros, we do not want to add a high fixed delay and kill any skill. If a cool down is the best solution to it, then it will be a cool down. If a reduction of damage is the best solution, then we do that, etc etc.. We need to observe each skill to make these decisions, and of course, we will depend on player feedback to combat these skills that may become overpowered with macros.

Macro Guides

WIth macros becoming enabled on the server, the forums guide section will have a new area where people will ask questions about macros and share guides on already configured macros. We hope that just how players share optimal ED/ET and Caspen Dungeon builds, some players will actually share their amazing pre-made macros to everyone on a guide. In the future, if macros prove to be a good decision, the server full client itself would come with a safe macro that would simply need to be enabled. 

We know it will probably be impossible for everyone to be on the same playing field when it comes to macro and their benefits, but if we have the resources on our forums on how to properly use them for different functions, then maybe we can help close that gap a little bit. The fact that our forums may become a sanctuary for macro guides, our server may even end up getting new traffic from other players looking to learn to macro and end up staying on the server since they are enabled.

New Content

We have a list of new content that has already been shared on this topic by GM Denoel. These are suggestions that have been thoroughly discussed, accepted, and are soon to be coded and implemented on the server. The first big feature that will be implemented will be an extensive Mining, Forging and Crafting system that will turn many dungeons into mines that can be dug for minerals. These minerals will be required for over a dozen new equipment, new fused mvp cards and incorporated into other areas of the game as well. We would love to follow up with new guild houses, guild treasures, rotation of hero/donation shop, elite endless tower and addition of new/official instance dungeons. We would love to hear from our players on the things they like to see on the server in regards to new content and tweaking of current content.

Just like we said in the original Gepard Shield Release topic. We will observe the impact of enabling macros of the game for a couple of months. If the game plan is not working as we expected, it is very easy to turn back and disable macros again. We do ask our players to have an open mind about this change and give it a try with an open mind. We only want what is better for the server and our players.

In the end it will depend on the community whether the server rises or falls. If we have a loyal player base that is honest with their suggestions and comments it would be very hard for our server to fail.

IF YOU WANT TO HELP THE SERVER GROW, YOU CAN DO YOUR PART BY RENEWING YOUR RATEMYSERVER REVIEW HERE.

Imminent

Imminent

Love Yourz

• Forum Rank
  • 678 posts

Users Awards
^
If thats the final decision, then I guess it would be useless to keep arguing. I am against of enabling macro because the server has always been against cheating and seeing it to be brought back after all what happened (that includes my old account) is just sad. I just hope the new updates would be more about covering up whats certain classes are lacking and not boosting the jobs that are currently doing "okay". It isn't that hard to adapt, its just things are getting complicated sometimes.

After all these responses, I am still willing to give my honest suggestions to help with the new updates. +1

Tomo Asama

Tomo Asama

Blue.

• Forum Rank
  • 983 posts
  • LocationIn Somewhere
  • Favorite Class:Ranger

Users Awards

Well, Lets just see How it will turns out. And pls do take note, remove the "Guide on how to report a Macro" on the report section. Kinda felt sad on how you fought things should be and in the end... lawl.. For now, We'll just observe this macro again.

oinkoink

oinkoink

DreamerRO Legend

• Forum Rank
  • 735 posts

Ughh, he succumbed to pressure. Get ready to see some immortal ABs, Non-stop Acid demos, Quadruple Strike (Ranger's DS), etc. etc.

P.S. Respect and Credibility definitely out the door. 

SMH.

Edited by oinkoink, 04 May 2017 - 06:46 AM.

genjose2002

genjose2002

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 146 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Favorite Class:Gunslinger

Users Awards
This is nice! Just like the old times!

Imminent

Imminent

Love Yourz

• Forum Rank
  • 678 posts

Users Awards

Ughh, he succumbed to pressure. Get ready to see some immortal ABs, Non-stop Acid demos, Quadruple Strike (Ranger's DS), etc. etc.

P.S. Respect and Credibility definitely out the door. 

SMH.

Exactly my thoughts. This should have been thoroughly discussed instead of a poll since most players who voted clearly had no idea how it was before when we had it and how it is going to affect the current PvP.

Seeing the last response from haze means its already final. Not really trying to bring down every decision they make, it's just most of important ones comeo as surprise just like gepard and this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users