The forums have recently been upgraded to a newer version. Please bear with us while we bring back our custom features and tweak our skin to our liking.

Thank you and enjoy!

Sign in to follow this  
HaZe

Policy On Macros

Policy on Macros

Macros can be bound to specific keys on special kinds of mouse or keyboards, particularly via a 3rd party program, a gaming mice, controllers and keyboards, and will allow for a chain of actions to occur by hitting a single button. We do at this time allow for the use of macros, as long as the player is actually present, and can pass any third party program test performed by a GM or another player in the game. Players must be present at their computer when any actions are being performed by their characters, particularly with regards to (but in no way limited to) obtaining items, adding buffs to other players, automatically attacking mobs, selling items, or farming specific nodes. Automated responses are not considered viable responses to any GM inquiries. Any time a GM contacts you in game and performs a test of any kind, you are required to respond. Refraining from responding to any question asked, or replying with an automated response, is regarded as failing the third party program test and will result in being permanently suspended from Dreamer Ragnarok Online. 

Allowed Macro Behavior

• You can use macros to help you cast skills or chains of skills in PvM or PvP situations.
  • You can use macros to help you equip items or chains of items in PvM or PvP situations.
  • You can use macros to help you buff yourself or others in PvM or PvP situations.
  • You can use macros to automatically open gift boxes, use potions or any other usable item in PvM or PvP situations.

Illegal Macro Behavior

• You cannot use macros to farm or kill monsters while AFK or away from your computer. (Skill, Jump, Skill), (Casting AoE repeatedly without moving, etc)
  • You cannot use macros to spam the chat box with messages. (Skills that have a chat message are excluded, ie Frost joker)
  • You cannot use macros to spam clicks on NPC such as healers, refiners or NPCs with visual effects.
  • You cannot share or recommend macros or 3rd party programs infected with malware, key loggers or viruses.

The legalized used of macro in DreamerRO is very new and rules are still being observed and being written. If you have doubts about a use of macro that is not mentioned on the above bulleted list, feel free to ask on this topic for clarification or addition of the new use into the list. The rules may change any any time without prior warning or announcement.

Policy on Macros

Macros can be bound to specific keys on special kinds of mouse or keyboards, particularly via a 3rd party program, a gaming mice, controllers and keyboards, and will allow for a chain of actions to occur by hitting a single button. We do at this time allow for the use of macros, as long as the player is actually present, and can pass any third party program test performed by a GM or another player in the game. Players must be present at their computer when any actions are being performed by their characters, particularly with regards to (but in no way limited to) obtaining items, adding buffs to other players, automatically attacking mobs, selling items, or farming specific nodes. Automated responses are not considered viable responses to any GM inquiries. Any time a GM contacts you in game and performs a test of any kind, you are required to respond. Refraining from responding to any question asked, or replying with an automated response, is regarded as failing the third party program test and will result in being permanently suspended from Dreamer Ragnarok Online. 

Allowed Macro Behavior

• You can use macros to help you cast skills or chains of skills in PvM or PvP situations.
  • You can use macros to help you equip items or chains of items in PvM or PvP situations.
  • You can use macros to help you buff yourself or others in PvM or PvP situations.
  • You can use macros to automatically open gift boxes, use potions or any other usable item in PvM or PvP situations.

Illegal Macro Behavior

• You cannot use macros to farm or kill monsters while AFK or away from your computer. (Skill, Jump, Skill), (Casting AoE repeatedly without moving, etc)
  • You cannot use macros to spam the chat box with messages. (Skills that have a chat message are excluded, ie Frost joker)
  • You cannot use macros to spam clicks on NPC such as healers, refiners or NPCs with visual effects.
  • You cannot share or recommend macros or 3rd party programs infected with malware, key loggers or viruses.

The legalized used of macro in DreamerRO is very new and rules are still being observed and being written. If you have doubts about a use of macro that is not mentioned on the above bulleted list, feel free to ask on this topic for clarification or addition of the new use into the list. The rules may change any any time without prior warning or announcement.

First we need to enhance the test by GM, because when people do farming some lifeless shits like Hero Monster Arena / items, we don't look at the screen or chatbox. More than 5 years ago, I myself farmed with 600 x 800 screen with a movie playing side by side, so I wouldn't notice at all.

Also we should discuss on the policy with people who know macro, those listed here are too shallow. And we should take more stern actions.

E.g. perman ban all accounts linked to the "macro auto farm" account, by linking both IP and Mac Address. Because Proxy is too easy to set up, combining both MAc + IP ban will be a strong deterrence.

can GMs make a macro program that only works for dreamerRO and available for download only specifically for dreamerRO players? Make this program so you have control over this macro program and people won't abuse it. i dont even know if this makes sense. just a brief suggestion. ;p

can GMs make a macro program that only works for dreamerRO and available for download only specifically for dreamerRO players? Make this program so you have control over this macro program and people won't abuse it. i dont even know if this makes sense. just a brief suggestion. ;p

Thats a good suggestion tho. :D

I believe a macro will be provided sooner or later, that is 'clean'. It is being looked into.

Well Good luck Haze, people will make macro and will AFK farm Monster arena etc, good luck proving it and good luck to gms following monster arena.

I am shocked though... Haze all time it was good, you always declined macros, but now??? XD

Bye and good luck with macro controlling while there are many other things what gms need to do!

WL + Macro = <3

If you intend to make Macros for our server then make it for non-PVP use (e.g opening Giftboxes, PvM, farming). The intention is good, and i don't see how people will make AFK farming when it is required of them to undergo certain tests to pass that they are indeed controlling their accounts with the macros on. And if you guys will be the one to release the Macro then of course you would be able to control it.

I believe a macro will be provided sooner or later, that is 'clean'. It is being looked into.

Ironic, a " Clean " way to " CHEAT ". lol

Just wondering :

If i have macro, will my skills become 100% after-cast delay?

Nope. You'll still need kiels. Macro just helps people who's bad at fingering. Pity their gfs if they even have any. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this