Welcome to DreamerRO's Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox Dreamer's Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Changelog       In-game Guides       Job Guides       Rules       Review us       Support Ticket       Stability Discussion

Failure to follow the rules below may result in a permanent ban from the shoutbox without warning.
1. Server Down or Lag discussions do not belong on the shout box, you may ask here.
2. Do not start misleading discussions or rumors without facts
* You need 5 active posts to use the shout box. (Do not spam or post useless stuff to reach 5 posts)
@  Aya : (26 July 2017 - 12:25 PM) Puddi puddi
@  Xero : (26 July 2017 - 12:21 PM) It is someone possibly using macro to illegally farm things without human interaction.
@  Essaimel : (26 July 2017 - 09:54 AM) xero, what is this things? the new system?http://www.playdreamerro.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34683-bot/
@  Xero : (26 July 2017 - 06:31 AM) If they need help they can head to Discord where @Faelnirv answers everything because he's the best player in DRO
@  Faelnirv : (26 July 2017 - 06:21 AM) np my man @excoriate
@  Kyrie : (26 July 2017 - 06:03 AM) any SPs out there? some newbies reportedly having no one to answer their inquiries.
@  Excoriate : (26 July 2017 - 05:56 AM) alright. thanks tho. @Xero @Faelnirv xoxo <3
@  Lv1 Akikiw : (26 July 2017 - 05:26 AM) @RVDL +8kmant, gotta have that reflect bonus
@  Imminent : (26 July 2017 - 04:35 AM) @RVDL depends on what character you are using or if you are dueling. I'd say its elite asprika
@  RVDL : (26 July 2017 - 03:34 AM) best garment to compound MalevC on?
@  Faelnirv : (26 July 2017 - 02:39 AM) I would've answered had I known. Unfortunately I don't. Moreover, I highly doubt spamming would encourage people to answer your question, instead I actually think it would create the opposite effect.
@  Xero : (26 July 2017 - 02:33 AM) I'm sorry, neither me nor anyone here is inclined to answer your question, more so you spammed enough times to annoy me, hence I choose to ignore it.

PS: There's a nice price-check thread you can check to get an idea of how much those items cost. You can also check in #vending
@  Excoriate : (26 July 2017 - 02:18 AM) answering would be great too
@  Xero : (26 July 2017 - 02:10 AM) Not spamming shoutbox would be great.
@  Excoriate : (26 July 2017 - 01:49 AM) PC>+10WM with F.Pharoah
@  Excoriate : (26 July 2017 - 01:34 AM) PC>+10WM with F.Pharoah
@  Excoriate : (26 July 2017 - 12:59 AM) PC>+10WM with F.Pharoah
@  Excoriate : (25 July 2017 - 11:29 PM) PC>+10WM with F.Pharoah
@  Excoriate : (25 July 2017 - 11:26 PM) PC>+10WM with F.Pharoah
@  Xero : (25 July 2017 - 08:43 PM) Yes MrShaders

Photo

Mineral Forgery

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

HaZe

HaZe

Founding Father

• Forum Rank
  • 3,557 posts
  • Favorite Class:Lord Knight

Users Awards

POPULAR

Mineral_Forging.png

Master the art of forging to maximize your profits from mining

by converting your minerals into powerful equipment!

Following on the footsteps of his younger brother David, Marcus Golstein, the mastermind behind the Refine Forging Hammer, arrived to the city of Einbroch. The Forging Hammer created by Marcus is the most light-weight, durable and resistant hammer ever created. It was forged using a combination of high quality minerals and it is strong enough to break even the hardest of minerals. Marcus not only brings his amazing hammer with him, but he also has access to recipes that make unbelieveable equipment using minerals found accross Midgard. People on the streets on Prontera say that with the help of Marcus and his Forging Hammer, even a granny can become a master forger!

marcus.png

NPC: Marcus Goldstein

howtoforge.png

The first step to begin forging minerals into powerful equipment is to obtain a Refined Forging Hammer from Dr. Marcus Goldstein. He can be found next to his brother at @go einbroch. When you speak to him he will request that you bring some minerals and zeny in order for him to make the hammer for you.

When you obtain the Refined Forging Hammer, you can equip it to gain access to the forging abilities.

To access the Forging Menu you must send a whisper to "npc:forge". You can send him various words to access different features.

• Whisper "skill" to "npc:forge" to access the Forging Skills Menu.
  • Whisper "info" to "npc:forge" to access your forger stats such as Lvl, Exp and Record.
  • Whisper "forge" or anything else to access the recipes and begin to forge equipment.

npcforge.png

forging-skills.png

There are 5 different Forging Skills available. You must be very careful when you are choosing the skills as there is no reset for forging skills.

• Master Forger [1-10] - Increases the Forge Success rate by  (2*ForgerLevel)%. (Max of 20% at lvl 10)
  • Fast Learner [1-10] - Increases experience earned per forge attempt by 10% per level (max of 100% or 2x exp at lvl 10)
  • Quick Forger [1-5] - Reduces the cooldown after forging equipment by 5 minutes per level. (Default is 30 min cooldown, down to 5 minutes at lvl 5)
  • Recycle [1-4] -  Adds a (SkillLvL*5)% chance of receiving back half of the minerals spent when forging fails. (Max of 20%)
  • Mineral Forger [1] -  Allows the forger to compound Oridecon and Elunium Fragments into Pure Oridecon/Elunium
As of right now the maximum level for forging is Lvl 30. The experience earned for each forge attempt varies for each equipment, but the experience required to level up is quite linear. (125*ForgerLvl) EXP.

forgingequo.png
Open the spoiler to view the requirements, success rates and experienced earned for each equipment.
Spoiler

Other Information about Forging:

• The Max Level of Forging is 30.
  • The Refined Forging Hammer is account bound.
  • The Forging Hammer has a 7% chance of breaking during failed forging attempts.
  • You do not lose forger exp when you fail to forge, you actually gain a bit of exp even if you fail.
  • There is no Skill Reset for forging, and if there ever is, it will be very expensive so choose your skills carefully.

The Forging System goes hand in hand with the Mining System because it uses mined minerals to forge equipment. However, you don't necesarily have to mine in order to forge. You can always buy minerals from other players and attempt to forge yourself without mining. Likewise, you don't have to forge, you could just sell your minerals and use the zeny to purchase already forged equipment. It all depends which art you want to master, or if you are gifted, you could master both arts!

Needless to say, the Forging System is still under obersvation, as well as the Mining System. We are still playing around with the drop rate of minerals and where the minerals are found. That means the list of requirements and success rates can change at any time without warning.

We have opted not to include Fused MvP cards into the Forging System because we don't necesarily see "Cards" as being forgeable with the type of minerals the mines drop. We will add the Fused MvP Cards soon and they will require a new type of "liquid" mineral that will be used to fuse the MvP cards. More information about Fused MvP cards will be announced soon.

easygamer12

easygamer12

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 97 posts
  • Favorite Class:Novice

+1!!!!!!

Sixtus

Sixtus

Old School Dreamer

• Forum Rank
  • 547 posts
  • Favorite Class:Ranger

Checks requirements for Magnetite body armor **** Reads 20 Onyx, 15 Titanium, ****

#JumpsOffACliff

But on another note, supah nays update! :D The ingredient qty will ensure the price wont depreciate anytime soon! :)

berian21

berian21

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 61 posts
  • Favorite Class:Guillotine Cross

Oh boiiii!!!

Eirandir

Eirandir

• Forum Rank
  • 16 posts

I like forging, however I think the requirements are a bit exesive... I've mined for around 40 hours and I don't even have enough for 1 attempt, NOT EVEN ONE, and it's 50-50 at most... that's just plain unfair....

Sixtus

Sixtus

Old School Dreamer

• Forum Rank
  • 547 posts

I like forging, however I think the requirements are a bit exesive... I've mined for around 40 hours and I don't even have enough for 1 attempt, NOT EVEN ONE, and it's 50-50 at most... that's just plain unfair....

I  mined for 5-6 days and i have 3 onyx. LOL. I think that way the price will remain high.

Edited by Sixtus, 26 May 2017 - 10:28 AM.

tiamat

tiamat

Experienced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 194 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Favorite Class:Gunslinger

+1 Thanks Sir Haze..

jonskie01

jonskie01

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSasha Grey's Bedroom
  • Favorite Class:High Wizard

One quick question, is the forging rate affected by DEX and LUK? Thanks~

HaZe

HaZe

Founding Father

• Forum Rank
  • 3,557 posts

Users Awards

Keep mining until you reach better mines that drop minerals at a much higher rate. Keep in mind there are dozens or hundreds of miners playing daily. We don't want to dump 10-25 of each item a week, otherwise they would be worth 1b by the end of the month and not worth mining at all. Also keep in mind how many days and effort it takes to acquire these items via Combat Missions (15-20 days) and Hero Happy Hours (XX Days). Mining is much easier, its really just time consuming but you can do it even with your eyes closed, unlike PvPing and killing.

One quick question, is the forging rate affected by DEX and LUK? Thanks~

No its only affected by the Master Forger skill.

notpro

notpro

Experienced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 211 posts
  • Favorite Class:Assassin Cross

+1

thank you papa HaZe.

and for those that think the minerals are excessive, you can still buy minerals from other players.
It's supposed to be "kind of" hard since these items are really good. It gets easier to get materials at higher levels, so keep on mining!

Sixtus

Sixtus

Old School Dreamer

• Forum Rank
  • 547 posts

Keep mining until you reach better mines that drop minerals at a much higher rate. Keep in mind there are dozens or hundreds of miners playing daily. We don't want to dump 10-25 of each item a week, otherwise they would be worth 1b by the end of the month and not worth mining at all. Also keep in mind how many days and effort it takes to acquire these items via Combat Missions (15-20 days) and Hero Happy Hours (XX Days). Mining is much easier, its really just time consuming but you can do it even with your eyes closed, unlike PvPing and killing.

I agree completely. xoxo

Eirandir

Eirandir

• Forum Rank
  • 16 posts

iirc you said mining and forging was supposed to be the main way of getting these equipments and as such it's supposed to be easier to get this way, I also think of people like me, that can only play 2~3 hours a day and whenever we can play there's NO ONE in BG or pvp, so I have NO CHOICE, but to mine and at this rate it'll take me forever to get enough zeny/minerals to get ONE attempt at forging 15~20 days playing 3 hours a day it's 45~60 hours, which is more less the ammount of time you'll need to mine to get ONE ATTEMPT at crafting one of these equipments, and with a 50% success rate, while the people that pvp just get them with 100% success rate since they just buy it off the NPC....

jonskie01

jonskie01

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSasha Grey's Bedroom
  • Favorite Class:High Wizard

+1 Anyway, you can earn zeny from mining and use it for buying the raw materials from other miners.

Sixtus

Sixtus

Old School Dreamer

• Forum Rank
  • 547 posts

iirc you said mining and forging was supposed to be the main way of getting these equipments and as such it's supposed to be easier to get this way, I also think of people like me, that can only play 2~3 hours a day and whenever we can play there's NO ONE in BG or pvp, so I have NO CHOICE, but to mine and at this rate it'll take me forever to get enough zeny/minerals to get ONE attempt at forging 15~20 days playing 3 hours a day it's 45~60 hours, which is more less the ammount of time you'll need to mine to get ONE ATTEMPT at crafting one of these equipments, and with a 50% success rate, while the people that pvp just get them with 100% success rate since they just buy it off the NPC....

Would you rather farm for 2 days and sell your hard earned equip for 1b?

Ataska

Ataska

• Forum Rank
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHalulu Hawaii
  • Favorite Class:Magician

Any short video for tutorial please  :th_sry: 

HaZe

HaZe

Founding Father

• Forum Rank
  • 3,557 posts

Users Awards

It is much easier considering the effort it takes to mine vs PvPing, as well as the fact that you can purchase minerals from others, or team up with a friend to forge and split the earnings. There are many ways you can go at this. I am sorry to hear you dont have much time to play DreamerRO, however, we cannot code things to make it easy on the people that don't have time to play, otherwise the players that do have time to play will be forging 3-5+ of said equipment a week. Multiply that with the number of miners that have all day to mine and we would be adding 50+ magnetite armors (i.e) a week and 200+ a month.

As I said originally, we cannot allow the price of these items to become so low that its not worth mining them anymore so the mineral requirement may be increased or decreased in the future to control the prices.

Sixtus

Sixtus

Old School Dreamer

• Forum Rank
  • 547 posts

Any short video for tutorial please  :th_sry: 

Go to NPC, click forge. Done.

berian21

berian21

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 61 posts
  • Favorite Class:Guillotine Cross

Seriously dude, u need super duper high rate server if you want to get end game items just for a days. I mean you need to hard work to get all these items, even you only have 2-3 hours/day to play but that not the reason to QQing because is not only you that have time 2-3 hours/day to play. Remember all your hard work will be pay off in the end or if you have enough money then donate~

Eirandir

Eirandir

• Forum Rank
  • 16 posts

Seriously dude, u need super duper high rate server if you want to get end game items just for a days. I mean you need to hard work to get all these items, even you only have 2-3 hours/day to play but that not the reason to QQing because is not only you that have time 2-3 hours/day to play. Remember all your hard work will be pay off in the end or if you have enough money then donate~

I never asked for it to be easy, I never said that after the 40 hours I mined I should be able to craft EVERYTHING, I'm just asking that after 40 hours mining I should be able to get 1 or 2 attempts at an item... I'm ok if after 15~20days I get 1 item for sure, that's farming, but after 2 weeks mining, getting a 50% chance of getting something it seems a bit extreme, in any case i see that everybody else in the forums has 8+ hours a day to mine and does not care/know what it is to not have that amount of time to play, so I'm just wasting my time here, I'll just mind my own business and continue gearing up at my pace.

edit: I also understand HaZe's argument about the economy and he's right to a certain extent, and since it was just introduced I'll just wait and see, since Haze said that it might be adjusted to fit the economy, it's not set in stone and that's enough for me.

Edited by Eirandir, 26 May 2017 - 11:58 AM.

AllenAaron

AllenAaron

Experienced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 247 posts
  • Favorite Class:Arch Bishop

WOw Nice  :th_no1:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users