Master the art of forging to maximize your profits from mining
by converting your minerals into powerful equipment!
Following on the footsteps of his younger brother David, Marcus Golstein, the mastermind behind the Refine Forging Hammer, arrived to the city of Einbroch. The Forging Hammer created by Marcus is the most light-weight, durable and resistant hammer ever created. It was forged using a combination of high quality minerals and it is strong enough to break even the hardest of minerals. Marcus not only brings his amazing hammer with him, but he also has access to recipes that make unbelieveable equipment using minerals found accross Midgard. People on the streets on Prontera say that with the help of Marcus and his Forging Hammer, even a granny can become a master forger!
NPC: Marcus Goldstein
Location: Einbroch 50 200
The first step to begin forging minerals into powerful equipment is to obtain a Refined Forging Hammer from Dr. Marcus Goldstein. He can be found next to his brother at @go einbroch. When you speak to him he will request that you bring some minerals and zeny in order for him to make the hammer for you.
When you obtain the Refined Forging Hammer, you can equip it to gain access to the forging abilities.
To access the Forging Menu you must send a whisper to "npc:forge". You can send him various words to access different features.
- Whisper "skill" to "npc:forge" to access the Forging Skills Menu.
- Whisper "info" to "npc:forge" to access your forger stats such as Lvl, Exp and Record.
- Whisper "forge" or anything else to access the recipes and begin to forge equipment.
There are 5 different Forging Skills available. You must be very careful when you are choosing the skills as there is no reset for forging skills.
- Master Forger [1-10] - Increases the Forge Success rate by (2*ForgerLevel)%. (Max of 20% at lvl 10)
- Fast Learner [1-10] - Increases experience earned per forge attempt by 10% per level (max of 100% or 2x exp at lvl 10)
- Quick Forger [1-5] - Reduces the cooldown after forging equipment by 5 minutes per level. (Default is 30 min cooldown, down to 5 minutes at lvl 5)
- Recycle [1-4] - Adds a (SkillLvL*5)% chance of receiving back half of the minerals spent when forging fails. (Max of 20%)
- Mineral Forger  - Allows the forger to compound Oridecon and Elunium Fragments into Pure Oridecon/Elunium
Other Information about Forging:
- The Max Level of Forging is 30.
- The Refined Forging Hammer is account bound.
- The Forging Hammer has a 7% chance of breaking during failed forging attempts.
- You do not lose forger exp when you fail to forge, you actually gain a bit of exp even if you fail.
- There is no Skill Reset for forging, and if there ever is, it will be very expensive so choose your skills carefully.
The Forging System goes hand in hand with the Mining System because it uses mined minerals to forge equipment. However, you don't necesarily have to mine in order to forge. You can always buy minerals from other players and attempt to forge yourself without mining. Likewise, you don't have to forge, you could just sell your minerals and use the zeny to purchase already forged equipment. It all depends which art you want to master, or if you are gifted, you could master both arts!
Needless to say, the Forging System is still under obersvation, as well as the Mining System. We are still playing around with the drop rate of minerals and where the minerals are found. That means the list of requirements and success rates can change at any time without warning.
We have opted not to include Fused MvP cards into the Forging System because we don't necesarily see "Cards" as being forgeable with the type of minerals the mines drop. We will add the Fused MvP Cards soon and they will require a new type of "liquid" mineral that will be used to fuse the MvP cards. More information about Fused MvP cards will be announced soon.