The last couple of months have been very busy for the staff team. You may have noticed a lack of updates and events going on the server as of late and the reason for that is because the Staff Team has been working on an Emulator Update for DreamerRO.
The last time the server was updated was in 2010, that's 7 years of official updates that have been lacking on the DreamerRO scene. Throughout those 7 years the official servers have released a lot of new content, including an overhaul to many aspects of the game under the project name "Renewal".
After many discussions, we decided that after many years, it would greatly benefit the server to move to a "Renewal-ish" version of Ragnarok. Not only would this add tons of features info the server that do not exist on Pre-Renewal servers, but also, since our server is a High Rate, many of the renewal features that players dislike don't necessarily affect the game play on our server as it would on Low-Mid Rated servers.
What is Renewal?
Renewal is a comprehensive system-wide revamp of Ragnarok Online. Stats, Skills, EXP, Level limits, monster placement and other mechanics are all modified. However, not all of these changes are implemented on DreamerRO. Here is a list of core renewal changes and whether or not they were implemented on the server.
You can read details about renewal changes on this external topic. Below we will mention which ones are active in DreamerRO and which ones are not.
- Monster Spawns have been changed to renewal. This means you will find new monsters in new fields/dungeons and also find that some of the old monster spawns have been changed. Ratemyserver offers a renewal monster database for more info.
- Renewal DEF and MDEF. The formulas for defense and magic defense has been changed to renewal. You will notice that some equipment give a lot more DEF/MDEF than they used to.
- Renewal ATK and MATK. The formulas for ATK and MATK has been changed to renewal. You will notice items give flat MATK instead of % and that ATK from weapons and cards behaves differently.
- Renewal Fixed Cast Time. This change is not implemented on DreamerRO and should work the same as pre-renewal.
- Renewal Drops. This change is not implemented on DreamerRO and the drops should work the same as pre-renewal.
- Renewal EXP Tables. This change is not implemented on DreamerRO and the drops should work the same as pre-renewal.
- Renewal ASPD/Stats. This change is not implemented on DreamerRO and the drops should work the same as pre-renewal.
Being a High Rate server we should be able to get accustomed to these renewal changes very quickly and you should not notice any major changes to your game play.
Stat Bonus, Attack and Defense formulas changes:
* Disclaimer: Information below came from NovaRO's Wiki and has not yet been fully confirmed for DreamerRO. However we do agree that they did a good job at explaining some renewal changes and it may be helpful to some of you to understand the changes Renewal brings to certain Attack and Defense formulas.
Below is a short description of each Stat with comparison to Pre-Renewal mechanics, if applicable.
- STR: For melee weapons, every point in STR increases StatusATK by +1. For ranged weapons, every 5 points in STR increases StatusATK by +1. Each point of STR also adds +30 Weight Limit. The bonus ATK per 10 STR for melee weapons is no longer applied.
- AGI: Every point in AGI adds +1 Flee and increases ASPD. Additionally, every 5 points in AGI adds 1 SoftDEF.
- VIT: Every point in VIT adds +1% MaxHP, +2% HP Healing Item effectiveness, and +1% resistance to several status effects. Every 2 points in VIT adds +1 SoftDEF. Every 5 points in VIT adds +1 SoftMDEF and +1 HP Recovery Rate.
- INT: Every point in INT adds +1.5 StatusMATK, +1% MaxSP, 1% SP Healing Item effectiveness, and decreases cast time. Every 2 points of INT adds +1 SoftMDEF and every 6 points in INT adds +1 SP Recovery Rate. The multiples of 5 and 7 bonus for minMATK and maxMATK is no longer applied.
- DEX: For ranged weapons, every point in DEX increases StatusATK by +1. For melee weapons, every 5 points in DEX increases StatusATK by +1. Every point in DEX also adds +1 HIT, decreases cast time, and increases ASPD. Every 5 points in DEX adds +1 StatusMATK and +1 SoftMDEF. The bonus ATK per 10 DEX for ranged weapons is no longer applied.
- LUK: Every point in LUK adds +0.3% Critical Hit Rate, as well as resistance to several status effects. Every 3 points in LUK adds +1 StatusATK, +1 StatusMATK, and +1 HIT. Every 5 points in LUK adds +1 Flee and +1% Anti-Critical Rate, and Every 10 points in LUK adds +1 Perfect Dodge.
In Renewal, the Attack Power(ATK) is divided into two, StatusATK and WeaponATK. In essence, they both contribute to the final damage (StatusATK being multiplied by two). However, when amplified by % cards, only the WeaponATK is amplified. This makes it so that people no longer rely on 4-slotted starter weapons (such as a Quad-Racial Composite Bow), and instead will strive to get better, rarer weapons to deal better damage. Some of DreamerRO's custom weapons MAY be modified to give a higher ATK bonus (if applicable).
As with ATK, Magical Attack Power(MATK) is also divided into two, StatusMATK and WeaponMATK. With the introduction of this update, many weapons now possess a flat MATK number (e.g. 280 MATK from Staff of Destruction; 105 MATK from Bazerald). In MATK's case, WeaponMATK makes up the greater percentage of the final damage, due to the variance factor which relates to weapon level. All of DreamerRO's custom weapons will be modified to give a flat MATK bonus instead of a percentage. (if applicable).
The Defense(DEF) and Magical Defense(MDEF) system was revamped in the Renewal Update. HardDEF/MDEF is no longer limited into a 1-100 point system, with 100 being full immunity. Instead, the effect of HardDEF/MDEF is now reduced exponentially as the number goes up (i.e. the higher the number, the less effect every single point adds); and in DEF's case, the number often goes way beyond 100. For example, 200 HardDEF gives about 25% damage reduction, and 400 HardDEF gives about 40% damage reduction. As for MDEF, 20 HardMDEF gives about 15% damage reduction, and 40 HardMDEF gives about 25% damage reduction. With this change, many armor have had their DEF number raised significantly (e.g. 85 DEF from Meteo Plate Armor; 16 DEF from Naght Sieger's Flame Manteau; 120 DEF from Sacred Mission) to match the new DEF calculation system.
SoftDEF/MDEF which is mostly based on VIT and INT respectively, did not go through a lot of change from Pre-Renewal. They reduce damage subtractively, removing flat amounts from the final damage after the HardDEF/MDEF reductions are applied. All of DreamerRO's custom armors will be modified to give a higher DEF and MDEF bonus.
Features Added with Renewal
Changing to the new 2017 Renewal Emulator and Client has enabled our server to implement many of the latest officially released content. There is actually too many to mention so we will try to mention to most important changes.
- Completed 3rd Jobs and Skills. As you know, our server has been plagued with passive 3rd job skills or skill that simply do not work as intended. This update has fixed all the passive skills and all skills should not be working properly. It is worth noting that we still need to balance all the skills for damage, cool downs and delays.
- Implementation of new classes. With the new emulator we have gained access to new classes such as the Doram Summoner Class, Oboro/Kagerou, Super Novice Expansion and Rebellion. These classes will add new spice to PvP and our server over all.
- Clan/Faction System for Divisions. Divisions will now work as factions where you will no longer be required to join a player-made division party in order to play with your other division members. Friendly fire is disabled between same division members even if they dont belong to the same party.
- Secondary PIN System. The new client offers an additional layer of security against keyloggers by requiring you to "click" a 4 digit PIN during Char Selection screen. We recommend you use a different PIN than your @security PIN in case you do get keylogged.
- New monsters and maps. You will find many new monsters, dungeons and fields that were previously not implemented in DreamerRO.
- New instance dungeons. You will find many new instances that were previously not implemented in DreamerRO. We still need to adjust the rewards and difficulties of these instances but they are working fine already.
- Guild Based Battlegrounds. This setting was causing freeze and disconnections on our old server. However, the new client allows for battleground teams to join the same temporary guild. This allows players to easily see who is in their BG team, who is the leader and also to easily use Battleground Guild Skills.
- New Client Interface and Features. The new client adds a new interface which is easier to navigate and adds on additional functionalities. There are some features on the new client that are currently not implemented such as RODEX and Achievements.
- Costume Headgears. The new client allows us to create Costume headgears. That means you will no longer be forced to use headgear sprites based on their effects. You will be able to wear your favorite hats while keeping the effect you desire for your character.
- Less Gravity Errors and Tile Bugs. The new client has fixed many of the gravity errors related to item sprites such as errors during battle and using asura. Even when you do error, it should throw a notice telling you exactly which file is missing and causing the error, this will make it easy for the staff to fix the issue.
- Achievements System. Although the current achievement system is not the one linked to the client interface, the new emulator offers the capability to create Achievements that players can complete to earn rewards. Achievements are expected to be implemented after the server beta is finalized.
- Navigation System. The new client adds in a navigation system that you can enable to lead you to a certain location. Although not as useful since we have @warp but the client also shows coordinates under the mini-map which should make it easier to navigate maps without having to spam /where.
- Ability to create Female/Male characters on the same account. No longer will you need to create a female and a male account, the new client makes it easy to change the gender of each character individually during creation.
- Homuncus S has been implemented. The final evolution of Homunculus can now be achieved with the new emulator.
There are actually quite a lot more new content and changes that can be found on the server now that we have updated the emulator but those are the main ones, or at least the ones I can remember right now.
Considering the large number of new content and all the features that we had to re-code, there is still a lot of work to do before the server can be released and replace the Live Version.
- Skill Balancing has been reset. All our custom skill modifications have been reset and need to be re-done. We will depend on our players to report over powered skills and under powered skills, or simply skills that need to be re-worked. You can compare the skills from Beta and Live server side by side so you can easily see if they are more or less similar to how they work on the current Live server.
- New Classes lacking palettes. We are aware that new classes such as Doram, Oboro, Kagerou and Rebellion are missing palettes. Our palette package was made by an external developer and we need to wait for her to implement the new classes. Until then, the new classes cannot access the stylist.
Accessing the Renewal Beta Server
If you have not downloaded the new client yet, you must do so before you can connect to the server and play DreamerRO.
- You can download the Dreamer RO Renewal Full Client Here. - [MediaFire Mirror] - [Torrent]
- You can access the DreamerRO Renewal Control Panel Here.
The main website is still not connected to the Renewal database so please use the control panel link above for all your account services until the main website is updated.