The forums have recently been upgraded to a newer version. Please bear with us while we bring back our custom features and tweak our skin to our liking.

Thank you and enjoy!

• Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
HaZe

It's Time to Wake Up Dreamers

I can understand all your problem, because the community of RO in general are players over 20 years old. I mean we have job, family, social life , etc, but as a gamer also this is our distraction, we need a balanced server and more friendly with newbies. Personally, i didn't give my review yet, because even if newbies enter in Dro they don't stay here, the server before need balance.

I have nothing to say about seasonal events, and items updates, I think are awesome, but playability and mechanics of Dro are really wrong, some jobs need balance, update in playability and some features for newbies. 

Again, we understand that you are busy in real life, but is your server and you are giving a service, even if its for free this need urgents updates about balance if you want that player stay here, then we can make reviews and invite new people here, this is my point of view as a player.

Saludos.

• Upvote 1

In my honest opinion, some players left the server because of the Renewal patch, as the formulas make it very hard for people to adapt.

Geared classes got fucked by some skills of classes that are also OP'd in renewal.

Just I'm wondering if DreamerRO is really up for the renewal and my conclusion is not.

Sorry for the bad comment but it really is my honest opinion.

I hope we can all contribute lets do our job and let the GM's do whats need to be done lets put aside the blaming game we have also as a players responsibilities to keep this server FREE to play so lets stop arguing and lets focus helping each other to make this server alive...

Link for the Reviews 

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=8633&itv=6&url_sname=DreamerRO Renewal-ish 

1 hour ago, Juhairi said:

In my honest opinion, some players left the server because of the Renewal patch, as the formulas make it very hard for people to adapt.

Geared classes got fucked by some skills of classes that are also OP'd in renewal.

Just I'm wondering if DreamerRO is really up for the renewal and my conclusion is not.

Sorry for the bad comment but it really is my honest opinion.

I was thinking the same idea too. I think DRO is not yet ready for renewal since there are a lot to cope up and a lot of new algorithms to change. Tho it is not bad for a big change for the game and haze is still fixing bugs and issues, it may take a long time for the server to recover and as he mention in his thread that he has not much time in doing so. But hey! DRO will come back to its former glory someday. 🙂

Dont think its because of renewal patch that people left its all because of bugs and stability of the server. Many people left cuz of item getting lost in their cart again and again then theres the elite hero quest which they will need to finish instances that got many bugs so if trouble comes they will reset their quest again and again. And also the problem on the server its a bit laggy that a normal computer from computer shop wont be able to play it smooth.I think its due to many custom gears.So when doing pvp they cant keep up.Their getting pawned.

Well anyway.....i guess its time for new game to play a millenial 3d high graphics game.

12 hours ago, HaZe said:

I see people questioning the lack of updates and bug fixing, lately... All I will say is "I told you so & I warned you about it".

This topic made people wake up for 2 months and then they went right back to the typical "gimmie gimmie gimmie" mentality without giving anything in return to DreamerRO.

At this point my time is extremely limited and the lack of support from the community is discouraging. I simply do not feel like using the very little free time I have to please an ungrateful community anymore. 

It's been months since I asked for any review on ratemyserver, but even then, you are still reminded hourly in-game and sometimes when you wake up. Still, you can see that our review count dropped by 300% and we've only gotten 10 reviews in the last 3 months... even though a total of 8,500 UNIQUE PLAYERS have logged into the server in the same time frame.

So what does this mean? Am I giving up on DreamerRO?

No.

It's simply not my priority anymore.

Do I have another server?

No.

I have a full time job where I work from 8 am to 5 pm, meaning I'm not home from 7 am to 6 pm every day. When I get home from work I spend the rest of the day spending time with my son and my wife. I still check support tickets daily, take care of multiple reports and issues almost on a daily basis...but the time and motivation I had to innovate new features and fix existing bugs is very limited now. I was a single 16 year old, without a job and without a son when I started DreamerRO, and all that has changed. 

You may wonder, what's going to happen with DreamerRO now?

Good question. I don't know. I'm not going to sit here and tell you it's going to be great again. I already tried updating the server, adding new features and fixing hundreds of bugs and hiring a new GM team. In my opinion I did what I could to bring us back to our glory days and it did not work. Partly because of lack of community involvement and support; and partly simply because the server is so damn old that its nearly impossible to keep the veterans entertained for more than a month without further overwhelming the newbies.

I will tell you that we are going to have a new developer soon and I hope he/she will help us out by fixing bugs and with the development process. For the last 10 years I've been the only one with access to the server's files, which meant all the development had to go through me 100% before it was implemented. For the sake of DreamerRO, I will break my #1 rule and give a new developer access to the server files. Fully trusting that the new developer will have DreamerRO's best interest at heart.

I will also put in additional time to help the new developer get familiar with the server files so the bugs can be fixed in a timely manner and new features can be implemented. 

At this point I am still not going to ask for anyone's review. I know damn well I haven't been releasing new features and/or fixing bugs recently, so asking for reviews would be a laughable act. Do know that the less reviews we have the less new people we will continue to get and the situation will get worse. All I can say is, if my 10 years of development for DreamerRO is not worth taking 5 min to review the server for then I don't know what is.

Take this as a long ass status update so you can stop wondering and asking what's going on and where are the updates.

If my motivation level changes in the upcoming weeks or months you will notice it because you'll see me releasing updates and fixing bugs again.

Waw that's a good decision to have another full power developer. Hopefully the selected GM can do the best
Thank you so much HaZe

Hello Haze,

First of all thanks for taking time and replying in the forum. I recently joined DRO a week back. I used to play in another mid rate server a while back and keeping up with your hobbies or side activities keeps getting more complicated as we become older. I used to spent hours playing RO , now with a job and other responsibilities it has become a lot more complicated and I spent a lot less time playing . In regards to the server,  I find the having the 3rd jobs is quite fun , never got to play them in back and that is the main reason I joined DRO. The treasure chest events help those active players progress ...however other events as battlegrounds required a fixed amount of people to start , and sometimes the quota is not met. Which turns obtaining battleground items harder than expected . Other events such as city invasions (yesterday was Satan Morroc invading prontera......I think no one showed at least I warped and could only see my lonely sniper and it’s wurg. The server mostly says 500 players logged but most of them are vendors....the mvp arenas are empty and I rarely find another player around when mvp hunting . Don’t get me wrong I love the game (the reason why I came back) and like the server (thus I made a little donation )....but thinking in a egotistical manner ...I’m new and I would like for things to be easier , experience the hero quest , visit casspen and do the endless tower. But we current game if I don’t know anyone I won’t be able to do any of that . I know that what I’m telling you my discourage some of the veterans , but I might attract new players( just cycle through...start account , vote , obtain nice gear , level up, do endgame content and probably after a month lose interest and leave ; but hope some other player will take that place). Anyhow thanks for the time spent managing the server and creating new content , also props for the returners gear (helps a lot). Always remember family first kids only grow up once..... 

I will find time to post my review on ratemyserver. But at least I try to vote 2 each day lol.... sorry for the long message

• Upvote 1

Before Renewal patch : PLS GIVE RENEWAL NO DORAM NO WATER BREATH DED GAEM

After Renewal patch : RENEWAL IS BAD REVERT TO PRE-RE.

People will never be satisfied.

• Upvote 1

Hey Xero,

you still active ?  What jobs do you play ? Mind doing some charity work every now and then ?? I joined recently and I’m still working out the quest , the equipment and the classes to play .... 

13 hours ago, Xero said:

Before Renewal patch : PLS GIVE RENEWAL NO DORAM NO WATER BREATH DED GAEM

After Renewal patch : RENEWAL IS BAD REVERT TO PRE-RE.

People will never be satisfied.

I agree, people will never be satisfied on whatever will be the update.

If they don't like it, they will have negative comments, if they like it you'll never see any commend on them.

Happy Gaming ~

noob here - OJ THE WIZ

• Upvote 2

wow, Even if im just a ghost from the past. I'll start making reviews in Rate My Server now.

Make that 3 Reviews per week ( since i have 3 ratemyserver accounts ) 

It's little but i hope i'll help a lot

• Upvote 1

I have been playing for almost four months and I'll be honest, I wasn't into reviewing things so after reading this issue in DreamerRO, I thought I wanted to help in some way. So, for the first time, I made a review in ratemyserver. Hope it helps. I don't want DreamerRO to just go down like this...

Edited by zipice

Posted another Review hehehe keep Reviewin GUYS it will help others to find DRO and also Help Newbies in Caspen show FORUM so that they will know what to do in DRO

Edited by GhostAlpha1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly? As someone who has played pretty much every server you've owned (from TitanRO, AncientRO, SpiritusRO through here) I can say the problem is seldom the server but time.

Let's face it, this is an old game and not a popular one anymore. Most people have moved on from Ragnarok Online and the gameplay has changed dramatically over the last decade. People end up not being able to keep up.

But what actually got me hooked into the game were the people. The drama, the guild wars and all. You don't get that anymore because we grew up. That's my 2 cents.

On 8/20/2018 at 2:40 AM, Trongo said:

Hello Haze,

First of all thanks for taking time and replying in the forum. I recently joined DRO a week back. I used to play in another mid rate server a while back and keeping up with your hobbies or side activities keeps getting more complicated as we become older. I used to spent hours playing RO , now with a job and other responsibilities it has become a lot more complicated and I spent a lot less time playing . In regards to the server,  I find the having the 3rd jobs is quite fun , never got to play them in back and that is the main reason I joined DRO. The treasure chest events help those active players progress ...however other events as battlegrounds required a fixed amount of people to start , and sometimes the quota is not met. Which turns obtaining battleground items harder than expected . Other events such as city invasions (yesterday was Satan Morroc invading prontera......I think no one showed at least I warped and could only see my lonely sniper and it’s wurg. The server mostly says 500 players logged but most of them are vendors....the mvp arenas are empty and I rarely find another player around when mvp hunting . Don’t get me wrong I love the game (the reason why I came back) and like the server (thus I made a little donation )....but thinking in a egotistical manner ...I’m new and I would like for things to be easier , experience the hero quest , visit casspen and do the endless tower. But we current game if I don’t know anyone I won’t be able to do any of that . I know that what I’m telling you my discourage some of the veterans , but I might attract new players( just cycle through...start account , vote , obtain nice gear , level up, do endgame content and probably after a month lose interest and leave ; but hope some other player will take that place). Anyhow thanks for the time spent managing the server and creating new content , also props for the returners gear (helps a lot). Always remember family first kids only grow up once..... 

I will find time to post my review on ratemyserver. But at least I try to vote 2 each day lol.... sorry for the long message

this is the reason why i made this in-depth suggestion: 

check it out dude and if there's a detail that needs modification etc., let's help each other improve it 🙂

Great! you guys are getting lot of newbies recently with the glorius update newbies could get good weapons without getting elite.I suggest though to fix bugs especially the cart losing items when vending,newbied will get depressed when their hard earned item worth lots of b zeny bag lost and made a support ticket and itd taking months and still not getting it back.They'll just quit like that. Character balancing is not that big of a problem if they could easily get lots of zeny to properly geared up their newly created different job classes.BG is almost alive you just need to maintain the players not to make them quit.

Anyway goodwork though.

if you didnt update the server to renewal im sure there will be no problem on the server well thats my opinion and many players also said that theres no bug or issues on the pre renewal and now u are suffering fixing everything..dont be mad at me thats only my opinion 🙂

• Downvote 3

7 hours ago, Mcdo said:

if you didnt update the server to renewal im sure there will be no problem on the server well thats my opinion and many players also said that theres no bug or issues on the pre renewal and now u are suffering fixing everything..dont be mad at me thats only my opinion 🙂

Indeed there were issues before renewal. The fact that our 3rd job skills were incomplete, or missing. The fact that we sid not have new classes like oboro, kagerou and doramz. And also the fact that we didnt have hundreds of new items and monsters, as well as new instance dungeons. For those reasons our population was on a slow decline for years, because although we added new custom features, we were still outdated by like 6 years in terms of official content.

if there server was in perfect condition and thriving we wouldnt have been forced to update to renewal. Things got stale for a while and we needed to spice them up.

• Upvote 3