Welcome to DreamerRO's Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox Dreamer's Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Changelog       In-game Guides       Job Guides       Rules       Review us       Support Ticket       Stability Discussion

Failure to follow the rules below may result in a permanent ban from the shoutbox without warning.
1. Server Down or Lag discussions do not belong on the shout box, you may ask here.
2. Do not start misleading discussions or rumors without facts
* You need 5 active posts to use the shout box. (Do not spam or post useless stuff to reach 5 posts)
@  AllenAaron : (10 December 2017 - 01:31 PM) @p3ndo3l If u need help to kill the draconus at mag dun try to ask for some helps at #main / #support or try @request.
@  p3ndo3l : (10 December 2017 - 08:46 AM) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa draconus is 5% left and the server reset??????? CRY ~_~
@  BrainFreeze : (10 December 2017 - 08:16 AM) should have just PMed...
@  BrainFreeze : (10 December 2017 - 08:15 AM) SL is more effective but Gx is easier to use in there
@  BrainFreeze : (10 December 2017 - 08:13 AM) Observer headgear allows you to use that ability
@  BrainFreeze : (10 December 2017 - 08:05 AM) sorry none but you can use "monster property" Sorc skill to identify Monster element properties then use that against them.
@  500kfirst : (10 December 2017 - 08:02 AM) Thanks @brainfreeze Any guides you can point me to? Im trying to search the forums for guides still unlucky hehe
@  BrainFreeze : (10 December 2017 - 07:57 AM) SL,Gx,Sorc take your pick Sorc and Gx require element scrolls SL can just blast them
@  500kfirst : (10 December 2017 - 07:55 AM) What's the faster Character to farm Caspen Dungeon?
@  BrainFreeze : (10 December 2017 - 07:03 AM) E.g. Minstrel can boostHP,decrease Cast speed and wanderer slows increase atkrate"rarely used" btw
@  BrainFreeze : (10 December 2017 - 06:59 AM) Wanderer is a debuffer meanwhile Minstrel buffer
@  Maximus Lodbrok : (10 December 2017 - 05:23 AM) thanks haze for fixing my quyest
@  dub : (10 December 2017 - 04:17 AM) different songs*
@  dub : (10 December 2017 - 04:17 AM) they have some different and weapons
@  MeshiRei : (10 December 2017 - 04:02 AM) whats the difference except for the gender
@  Xero : (10 December 2017 - 03:58 AM) Both are pretty much the same
@  MeshiRei : (10 December 2017 - 03:53 AM) w/c is better minstrel or wanderer
@  Death Of Birth : (10 December 2017 - 02:59 AM) can someone link a best guide for ranger thanks. the latest build. thanks.
@  ulol69 : (10 December 2017 - 01:03 AM) i saw an sura having a hard time killing there
@  ulol69 : (10 December 2017 - 01:02 AM) haze pls allow finger offensive in caspen dun

Photo

It's Time to Wake Up Dreamers

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

HaZe

HaZe

Founding Father

• Forum Rank
  • 4,859 posts
  • Favorite Class:Lord Knight

Users Awards

POPULAR

Hello Dreamers,

I am writing to you all today because our Chief GM Lorien encouraged me to inform you all of the current situation of the server. Consider this my last attempt at making keeping the server alive.

I think many of us know that DreamerRO is no longer what is used to be. The server's population declined from 1,000 online in December 2016 to about 450 online by Summer 2017. For this reason, In June 2017 we took on the enormous mission to update the server from pre-renewal 2010 to Renewal 2017. It has taken hundreds of hours of work to modify scripts, create the client, fix bugs and balance skills, and we are still working really hard to make everything smooth again.

If you have paid attention to the server bug report and skill suggestion sections, you will notice that 95% of all bugs and skill balancing suggestions have already been reviewed and taken care of. We are talking about over 350 bug reports and over 250 skill suggestions in only 2 months.

Even with this large amount of work we have put in on fixing bugs and balancing skills, we have still managed to find time to implement new content, such as the brand new achievement system, costume items system and other small modifications to previously implemented features.

We have hired new gms and support players to ensure that most questions get answered. Implemented the new channel system for players to get help from each other and even created the new facebook group to further increase the chances that every question gets answered either by knowledgeable players or staff.

I have to admit that after all the work me and the staff have put in, I am extremely disappointed and discouraged with the support the server has received during these decisive times. Although we have asked for reviews almost daily, our review count on ratemyserver still decreases every week due to expired reviews. Despite numerous donation promotions, the donations the server is receiving are becoming more scarce every month, to the point that the server is barely making its monthly budget.

To paint a picture for you guys, the server needs 380$ for the server's hosting and DDoS protection, plus 150$ for the website host and DDoS protection and an additional 200-400$ a month for advertising purposes. Totaling up to a minimum of 730$ a month to pay for the server fees. If we split that 730$/30 days you will learn that the sever needs 25$ a day to meet its budget. In the last 5 days we've only received 20$.

Another issue is the Voting. Right now we still have the player base to be ranked in the top 3 of all the topsites, but we are not. Over half of our players do not vote properly because they do not input the capcha and just vote to earn the points.

All in all I feel like the staff team and myself have done a tremendous job at trying to make DreamerRO great again but the community appears to not be cooperating nearly as much as they should.

Just today we lost rank 5 on Ratemyserver to a server with 1/4 our population. Now we are ranked 6...this is a server that was ranked #1 in all Server Listing on Ratemyserver from 2009 to 2015 and now we are down to rank 6 simply for lack of support. We had 1,000 online in 2015 and 2016 but those players got lazy and let the server fall to rank 3. That is one of the reasons our population dropped and will continue to drop now that we are ranked 6. Being Rank 1 on ratemyserver was giving us 600% more visitors from ratemyserver than currently at rank 5-6.

At this point I have very little motivation to continue fixing bugs, balancing skills or even implementing new content to the server. It feels that no matter how much effort I put in, the community it's just going to take take take and give nothing in return. I am tired of spending countless hours every day on DreamerRO and getting relatively nothing out of it. This is time I can spend with my son, my wife and friends, or time I can spend in more productive projects.

You can give whatever excuse you want as to why YOU personally have not supported the server with reviews, donations or even votes. At the end of the day they are all bullshit in my opinion.

At DreamerRO we have provided you a stable server for 9 years with nearly 99% uptime. We have more custom items and custom features than any other server in the world, and now we even have most of the latest content with the addition of renewal. We provide a free server where nobody is forced to donate and everything can be earned just by playing. All we ever asked in return was your FREE support, and we have received very little of it.

In any case, I have very little faith that this post will change anything. If anything we'll get a handful of new reviews but that's it. That's why I was hesitant to post this...but as I said earlier, Lorien encouraged me to inform the players of what was going on. Now at least I won't be blamed if/when the server shuts down...because well, I've been telling you guys all along. At least ill feel comfortable that I tried my best to keep it alive. But maybe I am wrong. Maybe the story repeats with this topic like it did in 2011 and we get back to 1,000 online again.. It's up to the community what will happen.

I do know there is a handful of loyal donators who are the ones who have allowed the sever to remain alive in the last couple of months. From the bottom of my heart I am thankful to you guys, you know who you are. There are also a few players that renew their reviews and help as much as they can, I know you are not all bad...the problem is...it's just like 5% of the community supporting the server and that is simply not enough to make DreamerRO Great Again.

If you've read this far you are probably one of those loyal Dreamers. Thank you for supporting the server, I love you!

Good Luck to us~

Sixtus

Sixtus

Old School Dreamer

• Forum Rank
  • 596 posts
  • Favorite Class:Ranger

1. It would be beneficial if the player base can actually share the DreamerRO page / website on their facebook feeds. This is free marketing and a simple "I-give-back-to-the-server" action that shouldn't really take 10 seconds of their time.

2. Players should give decent reviews. This is flat out blunt but since you are rating the server poorly then why the fuck are you still on? Some people are so unreasonable that they also simply refuse to support the server and are okay with it fading away, BUT will not share anything in game, items or gears. When the server closes due to lack of support, it will cost you more than just those equipment or zenies - it will cost you your entire account. Some people are flat-out stupid.

3. Question to admin: voting via mobile bypasses captchas. Are those votes actually counted? Since the vote sites are not requiring to input something.

Th3mak3r

Th3mak3r

Old School Dreamer

• Forum Rank
  • 317 posts
  • Favorite Class:Guillotine Cross

Please never skip capcha for voting. You are being rewarded for your vote, please do the same.

Venie

Venie

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCheese
  • Favorite Class:Genetic

Users Awards

I did my best being a player and  please guys if you can't donate, just make good review and promote DRO and vote  in the right way....

My heart just MELTED (sadtime)

iamhii

iamhii

Santa

• Forum Rank
  • 202 posts
  • LocationHere
  • Favorite Class:Ninja

Users Awards

Damn.... speechless ={

synkrasis

synkrasis

• Forum Rank
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Favorite Class:Warlock

Hurt reading this..=( I will show all the support i can.  i love this server..

Edited by synkrasis, 04 December 2017 - 09:26 PM.

shinyred11

shinyred11

• Forum Rank
  • 27 posts
  • Favorite Class:Warlock

now i fully understand how u run the server... i will continue helping this server and follow those ways to the letter. 

its good you let us know.. thanks and more power

poochai

poochai

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Favorite Class:Gunslinger

I did my review already~ Please everyone, do your part!!! so we can make Dreamer RO great again!  :th_ok: :th_ok:  :th_lv:   http://ratemyserver....-ish&page_num=1

XmarcusX

XmarcusX

• Forum Rank
  • 4 posts
Up guys am new to DRO done my part everyday voting 2x a day w/capcha of course pls do not skip all voting process and promote DRO to us newbies by teaching us thw do's and dont's of the game... Also guys who are playin pls do write a review it only take a liltle of your time to do so... Lastly i would recommend sharing DRO tru your FB page it will also could help promoting the server

Just my opinion...

Aan

Aan

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 140 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Favorite Class:Guillotine Cross

Users Awards

Keep the review coming up guys~ 
>>>> http://ratemyserver....rRO Renewal-ish

Acolyte Class

Acolyte Class

BoboKei

• Forum Rank
  • 110 posts
  • LocationPH
  • Favorite Class:Arch Bishop

PLEASE WRITE A REVIEW. I PROMISE TO ANSWER ALL REQUESTS FROM NOW ON! T.T

Ongab

Ongab

Can't Touch This

• Forum Rank
  • 447 posts
  • Favorite Class:Novice

Users Awards
Missing the good old days. playing, pvping, hunting, and chatting with friends in game. and simply afk just to see everything happening in dro.

(for me only my opinion feel free to reply hate.)
i miss the old dro. when its just simple. active market with trading needs to be online talking with the seller and buyer (making barat offers). where there are different kinds of pvp players. like 1 on 1 active @duel in normal map or free for all in morroc. talking and asking for a better build. where team battles. last so long that you will get lost in time. where bg is where you farm for your starter item. (for me death balista). where zeph is soo important. to start up for a newbie. where farming means something.
and so many more which i cant think of now or i forgot. (tear drop)

Well ill try to keep doing my best with all i can to help the server.

Wishing the server to be at the top again.

Kailya

Kailya

恋愛中♥

• Forum Rank
  • 3,882 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Users Awards

Although i dont play anymore. I normally Lurk on forums to see whats happening.

Please dont let this server die guys. I enjoyed my 8yrs here and I would love to see it continue for many more years. Please support it anyway you can !
Love this server. 
keep up the awesome work Staff, im proud of you and also proud of you HaZe ! 
Much love  <3

MacroHunter

MacroHunter

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 33 posts

To be frankly, this server was alive when the player still able to use macro, wpe and sort of the cheat stuff. 

Maybe the player a bit tired when nobody sell bapho doll, poring card or item for quest. I saw some player use WPE just to open the giftbox.

well that is my opinion only. When there is supply and demand, game will be good.  Cheerss.

Clandestine

Clandestine

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 114 posts
  • Favorite Class:Sorcerer

is that really where my moolah is going kek

r12312353

r12312353

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 128 posts
  • Favorite Class:Acolyte

Users Awards

This has awaken most of us indeed. A good server like this don't deserve to end just like that. We all love the server. I think it's time for all of us to show appreciation to the server and the ones who built it. Let's all work together and support! Let's make Dreamer great again!

Edited by r12312353, 05 December 2017 - 03:43 PM.

AllenAaron

AllenAaron

DreamerRO Legend

• Forum Rank
  • 744 posts

Users Awards
Lets show our Loveee !!!!!!!!!

Ronza

Ronza

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Favorite Class:Assassin Cross

Users Awards

It is time to change your ways of donation. Do not expect everyone to become a hardcore player with all of the time-consuming quest while keep donating to the server at the same time. You are too focused on "balanced donation" or "updates" or "play the server for free" while saying that you've got bills to pay by the end of the day. Most players are far too advanced for a newbie/beginner player to catch up and sometime will discourage them to continue playing.

Make key items, equips, weapons obtainable via in-game AND donation in order to fill the gap between fun and bills. We are a private high rate server right? So act like one. If people start acting like "aw not fair for non-donator", "aw not fair for people who work hard to get it" then they have no idea how a real world works. Bottom line everything has a price, it is up to you. Want to survive? Then adapt. Can't adapt? Then let the world consume you.

Edited by Ronza, 05 December 2017 - 09:05 PM.

oinkoink

oinkoink

DreamerRO Legend

• Forum Rank
  • 787 posts

Users Awards

It is time to change your ways of donation. Do not expect everyone to become a hardcore player with all of the time-consuming quest while keep donating to the server at the same time. You are too focused on "balanced donation" or "updates" or "play the server for free" while saying that you've got bills to pay by the end of the day. Most players are far too advanced for a newbie/beginner player to catch up and sometime will discourage them to continue playing.

Make key items, equips, weapons obtainable via in-game AND donation in order to fill the gap between fun and bills. We a private high rate server right? So act like one. If people start acting like "aw not fair for non-donator", "aw not fair for people who work hard to get it" then they have no idea how a real world works. Bottom line everything has a price, it is up to you. Want to survive? Then adapt. Can't adapt? Then let the world consume you.

You basically CAN'T sell SKILLS. Just keep up with the voting and keep em reviews coming. Keep all that negativity to yourself. FOH.

Ronza

Ronza

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Favorite Class:Assassin Cross

Users Awards

You basically CAN'T sell SKILLS. Just keep up with the voting and keep em reviews coming. Keep all that negativity to yourself. FOH.

Exactly! No matter how good their items or how fast they become a fancy level 4 elite hero they can't buy the skill to play it right?

Look at the title mate, it is not a mere negative thought, it is a fucking wake up call.

We need to revise the donation list. When donators have nothing else to donate for, they will simply stop donating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users