Welcome to DreamerRO's Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox Dreamer's Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Changelog       In-game Guides       Job Guides       Rules       Review us       Support Ticket       Stability Discussion

Failure to follow the rules below may result in a permanent ban from the shoutbox without warning.
1. Server Down or Lag discussions do not belong on the shout box, you may ask here.
2. Do not start misleading discussions or rumors without facts
* You need 5 active posts to use the shout box. (Do not spam or post useless stuff to reach 5 posts)
@  kantusacharles : (22 April 2018 - 03:58 AM) donation
@  adiosmofo : (22 April 2018 - 03:38 AM) Hi where can i get the scroll that lets u skip the pre-req quests?
@  kantusacharles : (22 April 2018 - 02:35 AM) is there a diff between cast various skill to cast all kinds of bolt? ( im pertaining to headgears ) TIA
@  xCaliburx : (21 April 2018 - 10:09 PM) how to evolved homu?? i got him loyal and i got stone of sage..i already double click it bt nothing happen?
@  kupals0153 : (21 April 2018 - 09:46 PM) dc again :(
@  nikenbayut123 : (21 April 2018 - 09:44 PM) Hey server dced 3 times in a row already..
@  iamhii : (21 April 2018 - 01:39 PM) Phase 3 just came out =o
@  spaceman007 : (21 April 2018 - 02:29 AM) This is it
@  Death Of Birth : (21 April 2018 - 01:31 AM) still no update for phase 3? ✌️
@  priestheal : (21 April 2018 - 01:19 AM) Like the Christmas Event Raffle ticket NPC
@  himoutoumaru : (21 April 2018 - 12:14 AM) No there would be an NPC for changing the tickets to rare and has a chance. And I think raffle tickets can be traded to NPC April 29 0:00 eastern time and for 24 hours only.
@  ohcamac14 : (20 April 2018 - 10:32 PM) Phase 3
@  priestheal : (20 April 2018 - 10:29 PM) Raffle ticket usage/info will become be released during Phase 3 of the event. (You just have to double click it and see if it gives you any items or jellopy.)
@  bating50 : (20 April 2018 - 10:21 PM) where should i use this DRO raffle ticket
@  himoutoumaru : (20 April 2018 - 09:12 PM) Waiting for Phase 3 :P
@  Sachz : (18 April 2018 - 10:46 PM) @xCaliburx u can try juperos or lhz dungeon
@  xCaliburx : (18 April 2018 - 10:39 PM) can someone tell me where to lvl fast for my humoculos
@  adiosmofo : (18 April 2018 - 09:20 PM) PC> Elite stones for 2nd weapon
@  adiosmofo : (18 April 2018 - 09:12 PM) PC> elite hero stones
@  GhostAlpha1 : (18 April 2018 - 03:35 PM) for Mora quest just finish the hazey forest quest 1st

Photo

It's Time to Wake Up Dreamers

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Kyrie

Kyrie

• I Write Sins Not Tragedies •

• Forum Rank
  • 493 posts
  • Favorite Class:Rune Knight

Users Awards

Good thing you guys realise it now......
Its because you guys controlling the zeny in game too much..not getting gold room & making life easier...Why make importance too much of zeny ingame than the people that would like to play the game.As I said before people will donate if they see the server looking alive & many people playing....Even if they get many zeny in game it will still be balance after time in-game.
In business you need to risk something to succeed.
I would prefer risking zeny than the people playing cuz those people playing might donate after time.
And it seems you guys doesn't have an advertiser in your team will be good to have one.
The way your game is its stressful not fun.Life is short and many needs too.

Sir, I suggest you re-read Haze's post again. Seems like you missed a lot of points  :th_hmm: 

Kirarity

Kirarity

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 106 posts
  • Favorite Class:Assassin Cross

I haven't played since Hero Division's update but during this time gameplay from starter perspective was a real nightmare. Before I left this game online never grew I that was not a big surprise for me. Honestly, what this server can offer to fresh starters?

1. Basic leveling

2. Hero Quest

3. Elite Hero Quest till 400 elite kills

At this point game tossing all newbies in the pool full of sharks and they just get destroyed by decent/top geared players. This particular wall is huge and requires a tremendous amount of grind to stay relevant on arenas and for some classes It's even worse. So what about other options? Zeph/MvP hunting/Tower/BG suicide for weeks.

Why don't run a additional no-custom HHH with a reasonable rewards even for veteran players so arena will be crowded?

Why there is no custom dungeons for early/mid game players?

That's just my opinion but I thinks you should work on transition into mid game for new players. Even if there will be a new wave of new players they will not stay for too long if there is no fun. None of my friends actually stayed in this game for this reason and I played solo just because I love RO in general.

One more thing.. Haze, If you value reviews that much make a promotion, get one or few people that will manually deliver exclusive in-game rewards for each review (with proof or smth) and don't blame your playerbase It's just lame. Without them this server will be nonexistent in the first place, you need those players even f2p because no one willing to play on empty server. Only devteam and their decisions responsible for outcome. If you need something from your playersbase figure out how to get it and preferably by actions not cryouts cuz, well... Have you ever seen any devteam did something like this? It's weird and bad for image.

p.s yeah my english sucks, sorry

Edited by Kirarity, 06 December 2017 - 09:52 PM.

HaZe

HaZe

Founding Father

• Forum Rank
  • 5,297 posts
  • Favorite Class:Lord Knight

Users Awards

I haven't played since Hero Division's update but during this time gameplay from starter perspective was a real nightmare. Before I left this game online never grew I that was not a big surprise for me. Honestly, what this server can offer to fresh starters?

1. Basic leveling

2. Hero Quest

At this point game tossing all newbies in the pool full of sharks and they just get destroyed by decent/top geared players. This particular wall is huge and requires a tremendous amount of grind to stay relevant on arenas and for some classes It's even worse. So what about other options? Zeph/MvP hunting/Tower/BG suicide for weeks.

Why don't run a additional no-custom HHH with a reasonable rewards even for veteran players so arena will be crowded?

That's just my opinion but I thinks you should work on transition into mid game for new players. Even if there will be a new wave of new players they will not stay for too long if there is no fun. None of my friends actually stayed in this game for this reason and I played solo just because I love RO in general.

One more thing.. Haze, If you value reviews that much make a promotion, get one or few people that will manually deliver exclusive in-game rewards for each review (with proof or smth) and don't blame your playerbase It's just lame. Without them this server will be nonexistent in the first place, you need those players even f2p because no one willing to play on empty server. Only devteam and their decisions responsible for outcome. If you need something from your playersbase figure out how to get it and preferably by actions not cryouts cuz, well... Have you ever seen any devteam did something like this? It's weird and bad for image.

You touch a good point when it comes to making the game easier for newbies. The staff is aware of the huge wall newbies have to face to reach end-game content and we have a few ideas to combat this such as removing/replacing the kill requirements to become an elite hero or at least add another way to earn them aside from pvping veterans. We are also considering greatly reducing the gap between lvl 1 and lvl 4 weapons effects so that lvl 1 effects are not as weak compared to lvl 4 effects. However, this topic is not about this. It's about the lack of support from the community in the past year or so. So let's not move away from the subject.

Obviously if we could reward players for reviews we would have done that 10 years ago but we can't. Any bribe or reward given in exchange for reviews would get us banned from ratemyserver. Even shutting off the server for 1 day during thanksgiving last month got us temporarily banned so all we can do is ask for reviews without giving anything in return.

Asking doesn't work either since the grand majority of players never reviewed when we asked nicely in-game or on the forums. 

There is no point in having a great server if nobody knows about it and the best way to let people know about us is via ratemyserver. FAR more successful than topsites and facebook paid advertisement. 

It seems you did not read the entire post, so maybe you should do that to avoid any further misunderstandings. If "crying" or "ranting" is the only way to get the players to pay attention to the server's situation I will gladly do that. I prefer "crying" than closing the server without trying everything I could. But I do thank you for your input.

poochai

poochai

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Favorite Class:Ranger

1. Basic leveling

2. Hero Quest

all online games are like that. you expect new player to match up against experienced player?? ok go play rock paper scissors!

Aan

Aan

Experienced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 250 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Favorite Class:Guillotine Cross

Users Awards

all online games are like that. you expect new player to match up against experienced player?? ok go play rock paper scissors!

LOL  :th_heh:  :th_heh:  :th_heh:

flyingcat

flyingcat

Experienced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 261 posts

Users Awards
I suggest having lite client. Many players have slow connections and cant afford downloading very large client or even use torrent. I understand they could encounter bugs but at least they can play. Just put disclaimer that in order to provide optimum experience, full client must be used instead. Also WoE is essential in all ragna servers. New players simply cant appreciate exclusive pvps for now. Although its nice to know that WoE will be back. Hope it will be sooner than later.

flyingcat

flyingcat

Experienced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 261 posts

Users Awards
Also, I suggest to be more careful in implementing new items. It suppose to be made to open new builds and not make players more stronger. This is one of the major reason of the huge gap between high end and starter items. Why not put it first as rental item?

jamesbryanfu

jamesbryanfu

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 144 posts
  • Favorite Class:Arch Bishop

if some/most of you really want to increase the population which can result of ( increase of population will increase of donation, reviews, and ratings). share it on facebook. tell your fake facebook friend who you doesn't even know in real life to tried to play DrearRO if you know that he know how to play it. Share and make some awesome video that will advertise the server. We all know the Facebook is now the top rating social media so exposing our server to people will give us a chance to encourage people to try it. some of them will not like it but maybe other's will do, a ratio of 1:10 (stay:leave) is not bad all. you can also boost your self in FB by making a video that you are strong and encourage them to try to challenge you and when they do, try not beat them up too much which result to QQing. also to those who suggest to Boost they favorite job and nerf other job, pls stop it. be fair to all and stop being selfish. 

Edited by jamesbryanfu, 07 December 2017 - 05:25 AM.

astral03

astral03

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 95 posts
  • Locationeverywhere in RO
  • Favorite Class:Paladin

one reason i quit this server is because of melee surprise box i got 500 of it i spent years of collecting BG point just to buy this box because i wanted to get the wing which has the same effect of I.S. we all know that you have the advantage if you get a wing like I.S but the most disappointing thing happen to me is that ive never get one out of that 500 box which push me to quit the server and play to another....

anyway i have alot good memories to the server i like the customization of item sprite too ...

but this time im gonna leave sorry for that guys im totally very disappointed bye dreamer Ro

Gudluck guys for reviving the server... peace!!! :th_no1:  :th_gawi:  :th_thx: 

Eve

Eve

Ratchet

• Forum Rank
  • 331 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Favorite Class:High Priest

Honestly I've been bringing my irl friends to play dro with me but just after couple of days or weeks they quit. And their main reason of leaving pretty much because they were tired of hunting, doing quests, etc just to get at least "at the same/common level" with the community (especially most of the players are elite, I even think 80% active players are veteran by seeing recent bg and hhh players, I might be wrong tho). They didn't expect to match with experienced players, no, even with the same gears they knew they'll fail. They simply wanted to be hero, elite, get eweapon, common good gears (I said good, not amazing i.e Hades Card, Libra, etc) just so they can play equally and have some fun like us. And seriously, most of us so lucky because baphomet doll on most of ours period was way so easy and cheap but now it's hard and expensive for new players.

So basicly I think it's not about the easy rock paper and scissors game, it is about the main reason of people playing a game: They want to have fun. It's not like it should be easy easy, but I just think many people especially newbies find it really hard to reach the same level with common people (or veterans, since most of active players are veterans) and they gave up because what's a game without joy?

Another thing, I hate to say this but there are many servers that offer much opportunities for newbies to play equally with veterans (still not easy easy to reach, but not as hard as in here). And there my friends are now, playing an uglier server than this great great DreamerRO.

No hate just a thought...

Edit: I know how good that many things implemented for newbies i.e Returners Set, only 200kill for eweapon (which I believe kinda hard for newbies on the current situation) reward system, etc. However just share a thought.

Edited by Eve, 07 December 2017 - 08:46 AM.

Kirarity

Kirarity

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 106 posts
  • Favorite Class:Assassin Cross

Obviously if we could reward players for reviews we would have done that 10 years ago but we can't. Any bribe or reward given in exchange for reviews would get us banned from ratemyserver. Even shutting off the server for 1 day during thanksgiving last month got us temporarily banned so all we can do is ask for reviews without giving anything in return.

Asking doesn't work either since the grand majority of players never reviewed when we asked nicely in-game or on the forums. 

There is no point in having a great server if nobody knows about it and the best way to let people know about us is via ratemyserver. FAR more successful than topsites and facebook paid advertisement. 

It seems you did not read the entire post, so maybe you should do that to avoid any further misunderstandings. If "crying" or "ranting" is the only way to get the players to pay attention to the server's situation I will gladly do that. I prefer "crying" than closing the server without trying everything I could. But I do thank you for your input.

I mean other servers still gathering reviews somehow and It's not like they have only best people in their community. All people are pretty much the same the only difference is how you affect them. You work hard now and this is respectable but I didn't feel It when I played. During my last months on this server nothing really happened only lack of content and I just as many others left. It honestly felt like you don't even trying to deliver something new and just milking from what you have got. It's deserved to lost a good chunk of online for not delivering, people are not static they always want something new and if you can't keep up to their expectations they just leave. I'm not competent to advise you something about your server, this is just my opinion and what I felt as a player.

What kind of online games are you talking about? More details, please.

In games that I know expirienced players in most cases separated from newbies by matchmaking/elo/mmr system or whatever.

penta021

penta021

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 52 posts

It's our time to shine, Let's bring DreamerRo back to life. Admins has tried their very best to make the server better again, now its time for us to do the same. Lezzgo mga GAGO

arham

arham

• Forum Rank
  • 1 posts

the more i grow up the more i realize i got life to take care of. Human cycle.  Not playing games all the time.

XmarcusX

XmarcusX

• Forum Rank
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Favorite Class:Guillotine Cross

Just finished another review now hope just from a simple review i could help the server grow...

Skyzer

Skyzer

Advanced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 133 posts
  • Favorite Class:Sura

I done my part way before this thread is created. Do review, vote everyday correctly, even.. donate. But I think its community who make dro great again happen, not only me.

About pvp. Im agree. Well.. I once try BG, 4 hours, slaugher like nothing, lel. Only get 9 kill in total, still need 191 more kill for elite quest but Im actually think its impossible with this gap. I bring "fresh blood" players, and yeah.. they giving up, because its no fun base anymore in case of gap. Im not alone who feel about it, at least, Im still love dro.  Well.. Maybe, make 1-2 more pvp mode who.. all char is nude (without any equip/weapon) or limited normal weapon for skill. This mode may help for elite quest, or just for fun...on pvp mode is pure skill, no more qq about gap of equip.  Well.. just my wild suggestion.

Ongab

Ongab

Can't Touch This

• Forum Rank
  • 449 posts
  • Favorite Class:Novice

Users Awards

one reason i quit this server is because of melee surprise box i got 500 of it i spent years of collecting BG point just to buy this box because i wanted to get the wing which has the same effect of I.S. we all know that you have the advantage if you get a wing like I.S but the most disappointing thing happen to me is that ive never get one out of that 500 box which push me to quit the server and play to another....

anyway i have alot good memories to the server i like the customization of item sprite too ...

but this time im gonna leave sorry for that guys im totally very disappointed bye dreamer Ro

hahaha i got the same feeling. that box sucks. 

haha but i didnt have the same reason for stopping to play the game. 

joshimushi24

joshimushi24

• Forum Rank
  • 13 posts

Dang, thats my reason too. XD lol!

emile

emile

Experienced Member

• Forum Rank
  • 243 posts
  • LocationChernobyl
  • Favorite Class:Swordsman

Yall lazy asses better vote and donate lol. Don't let this server die. What are you going to do? Play Xbox or Ps4. A brand new game is $60, online cards $20-$40. Expansion packs, skins, etc =$100 and some. Spend half that donating to the server once a year and we got cool shit 24/7. Haze, build an instagram page and create a fan page that invites people to contribute. There's no reason to complain about the server dying to the players. You're just beating a dead horse. Recognize players on the social media page for their efforts of bringing new talents to the server. I've been waiting for a dreamer channel on YouTube. A Snapchat would be pretty cool too. League of legends does it. DoTA does it. If we want to at least keep up we gotta be in front of people's face 24/7.

yukisu

yukisu

• Forum Rank
  • 9 posts

Hooray!! Christmas Event!! :)  Keep on Voting & Reviewing guys!! It's working :)  :th_e3:

selltherust18

selltherust18

• Forum Rank
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPH
  • Favorite Class:Warlock

This moved me. I downloaded this right after the new update because one of my friends who I recruited from another server stayed here even after I paused. Sadly, no one was around when I logged in (LMS with just 4 people lol.) I thought it was dead for sure. I hope everyone gets to read this, and let's have fun at BG again! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users