The forums have recently been upgraded to a newer version. Please bear with us while we bring back our custom features and tweak our skin to our liking.

Thank you and enjoy!

• Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Sign in to follow this  
HaZe

Do you want PVP? Come and get some!

55 minutes ago, Xileria said:

Maybe change the reward to combat coins and make it every 2-3 hours. Adding more zeny bag in the server will just further ruin the market prices of items. It's 36b zeny bags added in the server everyday and it rotates in the server. NPCs don't absorb this zeny added in the server everyday, it will just keep on piling up.

We should aim in lowering the prices of some items in the server, to make it a little affordable for new players, not only for donators and old players with tons of b bags stored in their storage.

Giving combat coins will help lower the price of some combat items in long run, and perhaps will motivate more the PVP enthusiast to actually PVP.

1st: 2 combat coins
2nd:1 combat coins
3rd: 1 donation token

I support this, does not need to be combat coins but I support the prevention of inflation. 

i would also like to suggest reducing the overall output damage of ALL CHARS and/or increasing the demi-human resistance of ALL CHARS
Here are some reasons as to why
1: There are too many item updates that increases damage, and most are cheap ( ranging from 10 to 50b ( Executioner's Armor, Silver Aegis, Mercenary's Chain Mail, Onyx Guard )
2: There are too few item updates that decreases damage, and the few are usually expensive ( +10 Combat Asprika w Cautious Card, +10 Keeper's Manteau w Cautious Card, Hades Card )
3: Newbies Can't afford either of them so they don't enter PvP at all because they would just be wasting time. PvP Death adds points? bullshit, as if 1 point per death is gonna get you somewhere. maybe when PvP is dead you can get max 2nd place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggestion for Combat Mission Quest:
1: Forced Daily Reset of all quests of each and everyone in the server ( Like Daily Quest )
2: Focused PvP Map for Combat Mission to greatly increase activity in Arenas. ( Ex. Today, All combat quests are to be done in the Hero Arena. Tomorrow, all quests are to be done in 3rds and so on. This will result in everyone focused in 1 map and not divided. Because if there are only few people doing the combat in 3rds, then no one would bother to do the quest at all. )
3: Adding BG to the Combat Mission Map. But greatly increases needed kills to finish. ( Ex. in Hero Arena you're gonna need 50 kills to finish the quest. But if Todays combat is scheduled to be done in  BG, people are going to need to kill double or triple the amount ( from 50 to 100-150 kills ) this will increase BG activity everytime combat is scheduled to be done there. 

That's all, this is just a suggestion. Feel free to put in some corrections, opinions, oppositions and additions. Thank You!

Edited by Seam
  • Upvote 2

Not going to quote people's replies but I'm going to indirectly respond to some of them collectively.

While I do agree that rewarding people for dying again and again in arenas is unusual, it may not THAT bad.

One of the current problems of the server is the division between the veterans and the newbies, and this is because most of our vets have already achieved end-game items while the newbies have not. Constantly dying may be frustrating for some. Take in mind that the server's newbies are well... new from the server and if there's anything completely annoying and unusual to them, they might end up quitting. In the end it's all about self-preference. I've encountered sooo many newbies in my time in this server and those of them who were brave enough to get inside the arenas end up being discouraged because of being killed instantly with sacri or being killed instantly with a micro spam of bolts. It IS frustrating, but giving the rewards mentioned above may be too kind. But hey, at least they experienced PVP, got something and learned something, right?

Yes. Yes they did. And it's that PVP no matter what form is too much of a struggle for someone who, no matter how much they have stayed, haven't reached enough experience and items in PVP.

PVP is simply too difficult in DRO because of the current items and system. No matter how much you sugarcoat PVP, no matter how much you add candy and rainbows, it won't work because in the end, it is a player to player interaction which depends on their experience, class buffs, class debuffs, items (quantitatively and qualitatively) and the player's own outlook on the situation. This is not a permanent solution, I have a strong feeling that this is another experimental feature that will sadly be brushed once again under the rag. Good luck.

Edited by Feurille
Minor edit

Either delete all the custom items made or allow everyone to obtain these items easily. Making all the custom items (combat eq, hades drops, ED cards) drop from normal mobs, mini bosses, mvps from bb would allow newbies to fight back against rich no brain pvper.

Our custom items makes it impossible for newbies/returning veterans to have equal equipment among active pvpers. By them knowing how expensive these eqs are, 99% of these ppl will get discouraged to continue playing. The costs to obtain a full set compared to before (2014 or earlier) is very different today. For ex: Last time 2 tg 2 hydras, VA, SoG are the only items required to farm other than dons and kiels; whereas today, a damage card costs 50b, Poseidon 40b++, and any custom item would price 50bish. With this system + renewal pvp mechanics = surely every newbie + Dro pre-re veteran would get discouraged to play.

Great efforts but...

Let's just face it, the glory days of PVP era ended since 2015 and will never be the same.

37 minutes ago, Lv1 Akikiw said:

It's been more than a month, are we still gonna get the rotation?

Yes

1 minute ago, Shaw said:

Great efforts but...

Let's just face it, the glory days of PVP era ended since 2015 and will never be the same.

Doesnt mean we should stop trying to encourage pvp activity though

7 hours ago, Shaw said:

Great efforts but...

LUL. As if you were someone who actually knew how the PVP worked, you just relied on 0delay and even had the courage to make a "sorc guide" when u had 0 idea how the class should actually be played.

@Topic as much as I would hate to say it, the server is more focused on trying to increase it's activity by adding new updates (which of course is needed to try and keep the players to stick around) instead of fixing whats been broken since this turned to renewal. I am talking about the class balances, bugs (skills,items,dungeons).

There is really not much newbies can do or even a veteran like me to hop in and join the fun since the current PvP is all about huge parties and ganging not to mention the overpowered jobs that can kill you under 5 seconds which is by the way absurd since even a prepared PvP party can get wiped easily by a ninja/ranger or a minstrel. This server needs to balance the current jobs and their skills if it wants to increase its PvP activity because as of now, most players would rather just sit and afk or do something else since there is literally nothing they can do to fight back unless of course they are used to die 10x just to get a kill.

Arost being one of the current support players still surprises me btw

On 8/26/2018 at 6:39 AM, L i b r a said:

LUL. As if you were someone who actually knew how the PVP worked, you just relied on 0delay and even had the courage to make a "sorc guide" when u had 0 idea how the class should actually be played.

Well, you could have banned me, yeah? Not gonna turn this to a flame thread. Just stating the fact though not relatively aligned with the topic. Just sayin. Btw, I did said "great effort" and I agree with your opinion about what's being suggested.

Edited by Shaw

On 8/1/2018 at 3:05 PM, Xileria said:

Maybe change the reward to combat coins and make it every 2-3 hours. Adding more zeny bag in the server will just further ruin the market prices of items. It's 36b zeny bags added in the server everyday and it rotates in the server. NPCs don't absorb this zeny added in the server everyday, it will just keep on piling up.

We should aim in lowering the prices of some items in the server, to make it a little affordable for new players, not only for donators and old players with tons of b bags stored in their storage.

Giving combat coins will help lower the price of some combat items in long run, and perhaps will motivate more the PVP enthusiast to actually PVP.

1st: 2 combat coins
2nd:1 combat coins
3rd: 1 donation token

This is very much explains the situation of the server. Decisions regarding new content etc. are made with the tons of B's in old players' storage. While the movement of new item rotations every now and then is useful in reducing the stockpiled wealth in the server, it is still not enough to reduce the inflation, so much more with this new rewards which is why i also agree to the suggestion above, economy-wise.

On 8/2/2018 at 8:22 PM, ajiajiaji said:

Either delete all the custom items made or allow everyone to obtain these items easily. Making all the custom items (combat eq, hades drops, ED cards) drop from normal mobs, mini bosses, mvps from bb would allow newbies to fight back against rich no brain pvper.

Our custom items makes it impossible for newbies/returning veterans to have equal equipment among active pvpers. By them knowing how expensive these eqs are, 99% of these ppl will get discouraged to continue playing. The costs to obtain a full set compared to before (2014 or earlier) is very different today. For ex: Last time 2 tg 2 hydras, VA, SoG are the only items required to farm other than dons and kiels; whereas today, a damage card costs 50b, Poseidon 40b++, and any custom item would price 50bish. With this system + renewal pvp mechanics = surely every newbie + Dro pre-re veteran would get discouraged to play.

While I DO NOT AND WILL NOT AGREE WITH THE FIRST SENTENCE, his second paragraph makes a very good point which we should take seriously. The gap between the early-game content (which consists of mob, mvp loots, etc) and the end-game content (elite hero/hero/mining/dm/etc) is just too high! I am NOT suggesting the gap to be totally removed (which is basically what the guy quoted in the first paragraph suggested), just lessened to a newbie friendly level.

1. boost the stats of non-custom and early custom items to be comparable: not necessarily equal to those end-game customs: shields, armor, shoes, card etc), like 5-7% difference in percent bonuses, and 5 point difference in stat bonuses (assuming that the stat bonuses are the current +30)

2. nerf the existing end-game customs (not headgears since they're good i guess. talking about shields/garments/gems etc). for example an old player vs a new player (server newbie but not RO newbie) are dueling. old player has +0 bronzite buckler (common for existing players) and new player has returner's shield at best. there's too much power gap between the two items, regardless of skill. Should the new player grind for 1-2 months assuming a daily play time of 2-3 hours? Imagine all those time grinding before even being a real match to existing players.

3. both 1 and 2

I experimented using returner's set in pvp mixed with easily attainable gears cards and mvp cards (basic things that a newbie can get) and the result is I keep getting killed in literally 1sec from dps type skills! (not bursts like asura which would make more sense to do 1 sec killing). This experiment proved that pvp is no place for a player with less than 2 months worth of game time, in the current server meta.

Edited by EternityX

6 hours ago, EternityX said:

While I DO NOT AND WILL NOT AGREE WITH THE FIRST SENTENCE, his second paragraph makes a very good point which we should take seriously. The gap between the early-game content (which consists of mob, mvp loots, etc) and the end-game content (elite hero/hero/mining/dm/etc) is just too high! I am NOT suggesting the gap to be totally removed (which is basically what the guy quoted in the first paragraph suggested), just lessened to a newbie friendly level.

Just delete every map and make a fair and balanced single map and let every player  find end game and beginner items all over that map while at the same time conducting an event every 3 hours as where the last one surviving is determined the winner and therefor recieving a reward which will be irrelevant as to the status of said item as it is only for cosmetic purposes and does not interfere at all with the current status of said event therefor improving the overall gameplay and increasing population of the server.  FAIR WARNING THIS IS SUGGESTION IS NOT A BATTLE ROYALE SUGGESTION AND ONLY REASONABLE ARGUEMENTS TO THIS SUGGESTION WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED. Kappa

now..... on  a more REALISTIC NOTE: This is not fortnite, this is ragnarok online. Ragnarok is not meant for weakling millenials that cant play a grindy game for more than a week. Much like other grindy games (example: latale, grand chase, pokemon go, zenonia series, rumble royale, world of warcraft and many more) ragnarok is not a game that you play for a week and already have end game items... IT TAKES TIME. If you dont have the time to gain experience to play the game correctly and learn little by little then just go play fortnite. You are already an experienced player hiding behind an alt forum account... you should know this. JUST... GRIND and LEARN

2 hours ago, Jean said:

Just delete every map and make a fair and balanced single map and let every player  find end game and beginner items all over that map while at the same time conducting an event every 3 hours as where the last one surviving is determined the winner and therefor recieving a reward which will be irrelevant as to the status of said item as it is only for cosmetic purposes and does not interfere at all with the current status of said event therefor improving the overall gameplay and increasing population of the server.  FAIR WARNING THIS IS SUGGESTION IS NOT A BATTLE ROYALE SUGGESTION AND ONLY REASONABLE ARGUEMENTS TO THIS SUGGESTION WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED. Kappa

now..... on  a more REALISTIC NOTE: This is not fortnite, this is ragnarok online. Ragnarok is not meant for weakling millenials that cant play a grindy game for more than a week. Much like other grindy games (example: latale, grand chase, pokemon go, zenonia series, rumble royale, world of warcraft and many more) ragnarok is not a game that you play for a week and already have end game items... IT TAKES TIME. If you dont have the time to gain experience to play the game correctly and learn little by little then just go play fortnite. You are already an experienced player hiding behind an alt forum account... you should know this. JUST... GRIND and LEARN

reductio ad abusurdum.

Yeah, on a more personal note, I really don't mind playing in the same conditions in the server. I just gave my 2 cents on how to attract more newbies and resurrect stale old pvp. For so many times I brought in new people to the server, or even witnessed newbies in-game (not millenials whom you discriminate so much btw, rather older working guys who missed RO life). They do not last long for that same reason I mentioned. But again, if majority of the server wants to keep this elite-ist state of mind against newbies, I don't mind watching in the sidelines. I'm done trying to invite more people, so I would just stick to voting and RMS reviews, hoping that it reaches and attracts the very few hardcore non-millenial players 😂 peace out

Hi hi !! Just watching the new items from rotation and just passing here to say Great Joooob Items looks awesome and Ty for anhoters greatest jobs you re doing guys 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

• Like 1