The forums have recently been upgraded to a newer version. Please bear with us while we bring back our custom features and tweak our skin to our liking.

Thank you and enjoy!

• Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Sign in to follow this  
Sadie

Malangdo Instance and BG update

Greetings Dreamers!

As you already know I've been working on enabling silvervine fruit in the server. Fortunately our admin helped in implementing it (my attempt failed yesterday) and it will be added in the Battleground after reboot today. Get this silvervine fruit by participating in battleground!

I barely did any modification in the dungeon because it seems to have been modified already for high rate. It's not too easy to do solo and I advice everyone to bring a lot of water resist against the bosses here. Bring friends too. It's not a raid dungeon but it's not meant to be soloed.

===========
||  • Specifics:    ||
===========

Malangdo Culvert Instance:
Cooldown: 1 hour
Difficulty: ★★★☆☆
Skills: 3rd Job skills allowed
Consumables: Ygg/Mastella Allowed
Requirement: Sea God Protection.  (exchange at malangdo 219, 163 - Special Vending machine)
                         HERO only

Octopus Cave Instance:
Cooldown: 3 hours
Difficulty: ★☆☆☆☆
Skills: 3rd Job skills allowed
Consumables: Ygg/Mastella Allowed
Requirement: Octopus Hunting Stick .  (exchange at malangdo 219, 163 - Special Vending machine)

Instructions (malangdo instance):

1. The party leader must talk to Missing, the Cleaner. Select Agraham Insulted Me to reserve the instance
  2. Talk to Albo, and take both the Daily and Weekly quests for the normal or hard culvert (as appropriate). If you have expired quests, talk to Madeca next to Albo to remove them first.
  3. Talk to Missing, the Cleaner to enter the culvert.
  4. The party leader must talk to Missing, the Cleaner inside the culvert.
    To do the Easy culvert mode, choose the first option I'm pretty good at delivering bread'.
    To do the Hard culvert mode, choose the second option 'I know how to fight'. Hard Mode requires that all party members be level 140 or higher. If you choose the hard option, walk through the door on the east wall.
  5. It is recommended at this point that you clear out the hydras, and make sure all players know what the drains look like - they are the grey things scattered throughout the room. There are ?? of them in the easy mode, and ?? in the hard mode.
  6. Party leader must talk to Missing again and choose to start cleaning.
  7. Several seconds later, an announcement will tell players that a drain has opened. Run around the room and quickly find the active drain. It will be surrounded by aggressive fish monsters, and at the center of the drain, there is an npc to "talk" to.
  8. Kill the monsters as quickly as possible.
    • The monsters spam water ball and full divestment, and in hard mode, evil land as well. They are Fish race, Water element, Boss protocol and have over 1m HP (more in hard mode)
  9. One player must talk to the drain. This will start a cast bar (visible only to that player) which takes 5 seconds to complete. If you are hit during this time, it will be interrupted. You must complete talking to the drain within a short time of the drain opening - it is often not possible to finish killing the monsters. If you fail to talk to the drain in time, a "Contaminated Stem" will spawn. You will fail and must start over (party leader talks to missing) if a sixth contaminated seaweed spawns.
  10. This process repeats some number of times (seems like around 8-10 - more with hard mode) In hard mode, the timers are even shorter, and there may be multiple drains open at once. Successfully clean 6 times in hard mode to spawn the boss.
  11. Missing will tell you that you did a good job of cleaning, and then a Ceolacanth will spawn.
    In easy mode, this will be either an Odd or Glommy Ceolacanth.
    In hard mode, this will be either a Violent/Cruel or Mutant Ceolacanth.
    • Violent will spawn if the word thunderous noise appears in the announcement
    • Mutant will spawn if the word huge noise appears in the announcement
  12. When you kill the Ceolacanth, it will explode like a dead-fish pinata - all drops have pretty high rate. Additional prizes will be scattered around the room.
  13. Exit through the door on the right (easy mode) or left (hard mode) of the room. Talk to Madeca on the right to get your quest awards.

There are 4 bosses in these dungeons (they spawn in random). Each boss drops cards. (these cards are not modified)

image.png.77815d184b04a90865836521ad56b601.png

image.png.e89fb6a1d0fe083a11c0bfb0a9adf710.png

image.png.7eb503f363e0530aaead80747332300a.png

image.png.7554c2b1418db22da0b18cf71af1c3fd.png

Additionally they drops coin bags, as well as 2 new consumables Glass of illusion box (+20 PD)  and Abrasive box (+30 crit) (piñata instance drop only). You can check their other drops through @mi (monster info)

The coins can be used for enchanting stuffs.

The enchanting is currently unavailable as it will be modified as well. Will be added later on.

===================
|| •  Enchantments (TBA)  ||
===================

We are going to enable enchantment on the Glorious Battleground weapons.

Additionally these glorious battleground weapons will be slightly modified. Their base atk/matk will be improved, and most of those 2 handed one will be modified to become 1 handed.

For those wondering what is the [Slaughter]/[Destruction] effect on those weapons means.

Slaughter is an effect that gives additional physical damage to demi human based on upgrade.  Destruction is for magic.
The formula for slaughter 1 is: (Refine-4)^2  while the formula for slaughter 2 is: (Refine-3)^2.
Ex:
+10 BG weapon with slaughter 1 will give you additional + 36% damage to demi human. [ 10-4 = 6] [6x6 = 36%]

Wanna support us? Leave us a review in RMS and that will be greatly appreciated!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

great update!!

though i cant seem to locate the silvervine fruit...

Yes this is what Im talking about. Thank you GM. So how do we acquire selvervine fruit?

4 hours ago, bryan31 said:

great update!!

though i cant seem to locate the silvervine fruit...

you can get silvervine fruit from battleground. Each time you win you'll get 2 pcs of it, 1 pc if you lose. *not always, but most of the time*

tq for malangdo instance!

kudos to the glorious weapon update from BG. They'll be very useful for new players looking to PvP

-even better if the freebie equipment gets implementeddd

I wish silvervine fruit would be tradable so that BG addicted newbies could make money from doing it and also make them feel they have to always play BG :)

Yes just like what ive wish for. Thanks GM Sadie 

Glorious equips 1 handed..😎 Katar katar katar hahaha

Wew nice, please also Boost all BG weapon's attack poin~

😎

39 minutes ago, Th3mak3r said:

Yes just like what ive wish for. Thanks GM Sadie 

Glorious equips 1 handed..😎 Katar katar katar hahaha

Katar will stay 2 handed. Just that this one is too troublesome to make 1 handed considering GX can wear 2 weapons and it will be harder to balance their katar skills if they can equip high demi redux. We are planning to increase the demi redux on katar weapons though. Skill balancing is also under discussion.

31 minutes ago, Aan said:

Wew nice, please also Boost all BG weapon's attack poin~

😎

They had been adjusted already but it's not yet final. We will announce the final adjustment later on once we are done with the discussion, I am not familiar with other class so the adjustment is just temporary. Although Most 2 handed equips are now 1 handed except katar and a two handed axe which gained some demi redux instead. Their final stat will be posted later on.

Descriptions will be updated next patch (same patch with rotation)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

about time the glorious weapons were touched lul

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sadie said:

We are planning to increase the demi redux on katar weapons though. 

This will be the happiest day ma life. lol 

Good Update, Nice cards but the pvp classes and their skills are currently out of control. I think its best to have this not work in any PvP active maps until PvP gets balanced. It's kinda hard to deal with pvp when the previous ones are yet to be balanced and there is few more to be added again.

EDIT: These cards are too good to only have that fast instance cooldown, it should at least be a day or two IMO cuz we don't want the players already having 50+ cards on its first week.

Edited by L i b r a

15 minutes ago, L i b r a said:

Good Update, Nice cards but the pvp classes and their skills are currently out of control. I think its best to have this not work in any PvP active maps until PvP gets balanced. It's kinda hard to deal with pvp when the previous ones are yet to be balanced and there is few more to be added again.

EDIT: These cards are too good to only have that fast instance cooldown, it should at least be a day or two IMO cuz we don't want the players already having 50+ cards on its first week.

Yeah I'm also vouching for this post due to other classes getting almost non-existent on WOE and PVP maps. I am wishing that DRO would be back to its former days where all classes could fight against each other balanced and able to counter each classes just by the use of gears and play-style not something due to being an OP class with OP skill.

16 hours ago, L i b r a said:

The quest on those instance are daily/weekly and can't be easily finished without repeating them. The new dungeons are pretty tricky to solo. I can lower the drop rate of those cards. Atm, I hardly see anyone finish the instance because it requires people. The players are still adjusting on the changes on how most dungeons are played now.  They used to solo most of them and I am not a fan of soloing dungeons. I've seen a few groups finish OGH normal raid now.

As for balancing I believe that they will come soon. Some might have not noticed it but our admin had been pretty active, I saw him observing PVP and WoE too. Lets just wait, I believe they will come at the right time.

• Like 1