The forums have recently been upgraded to a newer version. Please bear with us while we bring back our custom features and tweak our skin to our liking.

Thank you and enjoy!

onion

Semi-Goodbye - Out to Live the Doram Dream Elsewhere

I was recommended to post this as forum thread, so here we go. ^^; I am not a famous or popular player, not a Helper or a legend, so consider this a feedback from a commoner with no biased treatment from others. I share this so that we can all learn something from it, esp. since there is this urge to get more players to come and actually stay.

OK, on with the post.

Hi. I'm not a newbie, more of a returning player; and I'll be leaving DreamerRO for a while, with a chance of becoming a re-returning player lol. I'll still be on to do Daily Quests and stuff (unless I lazy heheh). I'll also still be visiting the Forum from time to time because I want to be up to date with current DRO stuff, hehe. ^^

But for now, I will be RO-ing elsewhere. I feel sad to do this because I love my Doram, my Tarou halter, and my Dullahan pet; but sometimes you just have to go to a place where little Doram dreams can come true.

Oh right, I never did introduce myself in the Hello section ever, yet here I am in the Goodbye section. My IGN is Unemployed Unit and I'm a Summoner. If you don't know what that is, I don't blame you since that is why I am leaving this server for a bit. You may or may not have seen me before, but I'm usually in Caspen or participating in Dice, Poring Catcher, and Disguise Events.

1759015085_MyDoram-UnemployedUnit.jpg.910c07382301d8204d072b38361376f2.jpg
That me.

One thing for sure is that I will miss hanging out with my friends. Thanks, guys for being in my social circle...in whatever way you did, hahah~ I say all this now in case by the time I return to DRO, y'all are gone or... stuff. I will also miss the headgear gambler, hahahah.

DreamerRO has a lot of cool features, I know. I love the high rates and some more other stuff, which is why I say it is sad for me to temporarily leave. It so happens that the cons of staying outweigh the pros.

So, why am I leaving? (Sorry, I write a lot. ^^; Hopefully it makes sense. I am not dissing or whining, just giving feedback.)

One: I can't experience being a full Doram on this server. I love this class, but it sucks when all I can be is half a Doram because my thirteen advanced skills/Base Level 100 skills are MISSING. I know DRO is "Renewal-ish", but they should not advertise the extended/new classes if they're not fully-implemented yet (Summoner & Rebellion in particular). Don't be greedy for player count. Players will leave when they realise they have been lied to. Players like me who happen to have a preferred class rather than simply doing what comes easiest.

I STILL really want to be a full Doram on DreamerRO though! So if it does gets fixed, I be comin back asap yo! xD

Two: DreamerRO does not feel fun anymore as many things in the game have turned into a chore or a competition. I know it's for achievement, but after some time, it loses its charm. And competition? I know what that is and what being competitive looks like, but KS (Kill Steal) is NOT IT. I know KS is not against DRO rules, but dude. It's just plain RUDE, DUH. That's why official servers make anti-KS rules. And just because KS is not against DRO rules, does not mean you KS every single person, every single time. And what about 'respecting other players' as mentioned in Dreamer Rule #8, Player Etiquette?

Take Goblin Invasion, for example. Appears to sound like a fun event. Yeah right. I get KS-ed a LOT by WLs who just Storm Gust without even looking. REALLY made me angry. Eventually, I managed to win the Goblin event, fair and square. u_u Sure, I could use a class that has best advantage for the event, but the soul is empty. The victory lacks meaning. Next, look at the current Easter Event going on. My friend got KSed hard because people are so damn greedy and desperate for Easter Eggs. Even in Easter Field thingy, people STILL want to KS. Worse, they KS and then diss you for not being a GX.

When KSing becomes rampant, things get unfair, people get upset, and the whole vibe of the community becomes negative because complaints will happen. Look at the Forum chatbox, it is evident.

Third: change of community? This point links with the previous. Not sure if the kind of crowd changed or I'm finally seeing the uglier side of DRO community after being around long enough. I am not asking for a super polite crowd. I just want to see lesser rudeness and that bit of 'respecting other players' as mentioned in Dreamer Rule #8, Player Etiquette. THAT'S ALL. Instead, we have anti-newbie GX who called my friends and I as trash he needed to clean up; rude players like a two-faced WL with no self-control over her trash talk to my newbie friend (who btw seems to not be online anymore); and a bully who won't apologise when he is clearly in the wrong, despite his effort in trying to portray that he's not really a bad guy.

I know people trash-talk, but sometimes it goes overboard and gets carried away, even in PVP areas. If things have always been this way and that it is I who have been oblivious, then...damn. People need to remember DRO Rule 8 of 'minimum respect for players' like omg guuysss. Even if it isn't DRO Rule, it is COMMON SENSE.

Fourth: lacking of official contents (maps, NPCs, items/EQ, quests). Again, I know DRO is Renewal-ish; but too many things are missing despite claiming to be updated with "Ep 16.3"(?). What do they truly mean by 'Renewal-ish' anyway?? Big quests like The Royal Banquet and Terra Gloria are unavailable, and the items you can get from these are also unavailable. If DRO had them in shops and stuff then OK, maybe I can compromise (the way they did for Doram stuff but even that has some old tiny issues not fixed till today) -- that said, yes, having god items like Megs sold in NPC shops are awesome.

Some people probably don't care because they don't even know what they're missing out on. The only reason I know how much DRO is lacking in terms of content is because I keep up with official RO updates (not too intensely) and I like to do quests. REAL quests, not Daily Quest (and not Hero Quest because Dorams). Now that I am playing in another server, I see even more content that DRO does not have.

I know a lot of people play DRO for PVP because supposedly that's what high-rate servers are for; but dude, I am playing this high-rate server for an otherwise-impossible MVP hunt. RO isn't just about killing players, geez. RO has a story. The least we could do (now that we're pirating the game) is appreciate and honour Lee Myoung-Jin's work. Hopefully people here know who that is, at the very least.

Fifth: general gameplay direction/class bias...? DreamerRO seems to be all about using few particular classes, spamming skills, and borrowing other classes' skills through cards and stuff. You become a uniform crowd of 'jack of all trades and master of none'. No diversity at all. I remember when a bard randomly performs in other towns just for fun, but where are the bards of Dreamer? Then again, maybe because most other towns are deserted... so ok... But still. When I first came out with my Doram, someone even said they don't know what a Doram is, like OH WOW.

Also, Dreamer does not allow you to easily enjoy a job class and instead directs you to one type of build, like how Rebellions should be a revolver build (hence their hero weapon being revolver). What if we like using gatling guns or rifles?? Just lose out on the fun? And I think people don't know what 'mastering something' means. You are supposed to be free to choose your preferred build and class (that is why the game has so many classes, duh!). Having a personal choice of class and build is NOT a bad thing and in Dreamer sense, the mastery part will prove itself when you are still able to kick other people's butts without being a cliche DRO build.

And what's with the deal of many "cannot use 3rd job skills here". Then might as well not even be 3rd jobs, hahah. You call that a 'challenge'. Hmm, riiiight... why are Rebellions affected then? Hmm hmm hmmm~

So...yeah, that's basically it. Oh, if my reasons are considered taking a game a bit too seriously, then all I can say is, "Hey, I just have feelings and passion." DreamerRO claims it give players a 'unique experience'. I believe them. It's just too unique for me right now. Yes, I am aware that HaZe and his GMs were busy trying to keep the server up, but sometimes I think they just not dealing with the root cause of the problem and cover it up with an alternative, a temporary solution that makes fixing become harder. Ease up on making new events or asking for future events suggestions and try to fix things first. Better to run events on a fully-functioning game, right? But this is just my OPINION. I'm not bashing anyone.

Also, to get demotivated when people aren't contributing monetarily to a private (pirate) server is actually unreasonable. You want reviews, you want votes, but the server does not give off fun vibes the way it used to. Dreamer really is a pirate land now where everyone lacks decency; everyone is all about greed, gambling, fighting; and you're only friends with those who are as thug as you. Anyway, back to server issue... I don't know how to put this as nicely as possible but I think if you can't provide the service anymore (because of cost or whatever), it is OK to admit defeat than continue doing sloppy work. I've seen servers close once their GMs could not keep it up because life happened. People grow up, have jobs and families, other commitments -- everyone understands that. Sometimes, you just have to let go of the things you love, if not hand it down.

Speaking of which, I read that HaZe said back in Sept(?) 2018 that he is handing down the server codes to another developer or something in order to help him work on all bugs, fixes, implementations, stuff... I believe this is a good move, yes. ^^ In the meantime, I will be playing at low-rate server for now. Yes, it is going to need a LOT of getting used to and sadly, one can't learn all skills like in Dreamer but hey, they recognise Dorams and Rebellions (and appreciate every class, seriously) and... well, they have all that I can only dream of on DreamerRO.

So... I sadly take my leave -- for now. Off to become a full Doram, to experience the class for how it should be. To my friends, I'll see you whenever I see you, hahah. Thanks again for everything, guys. :th_gawi: And to everyone, thanks for reading it in full, if you did. ^^

Edited by onion
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Upvote x 100000
I'll add on to this based on updated experience. Lol. Old one> http://www.playdreamerro.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37868-my-time-here-in-dreamerro/

I'm also semi-leaving. We migrate together to a place where our dreams can come true!
(sort of) Rebels and cats unite!

Agree so much with... actually... ALL. Hahaha.
I especially think the 5th point is starting to get out of hand. Thing is, I'm pretty sure us Rebellions, Dorams and Ninjas can be equal to others, but how if everything is nerfed or unavailable? To me, in my personal opinion, without dictating to others to obey what I say... (lol)
RO is about fun, not necessarily winning or "get good" or PVP TT, etc. Sometimes fun in itself is a victory. If others think achieving, pvp-ing and doing chores is fun, then okok but don't tell us how we should have fun. And certainly don't force us into one build. "Use Revolver, it's better, can kill fast". Excuse me what. I will use my Rifle and Hammer of God skill if I want to. I think that if all skills work as they should, it is possible to achieve no matter what you use.

Bugs and DCs that never happen to anyone else but me -- Huge factor for temporarily leaving. Maps can't load each time I warp or enter portal. Somehow no one can understand the problem and it appears as though it will be ignored.

Annoying people, lack of official NPCs for quests, yup also on my list.

I'll edit if I see that my brain derped.

• Upvote 1

I just wish I knew why everything turned out this way. Why Dorams have only half their skill tree, why the other regions are not implemented... is it really just because HaZe is handling all that alone...? How does all this coding thing work? What is the process and all that stuff... u_u Just want to understand it better...

But dude, your bug issue, the "stuck but not" thingy... is just plain weird.

Annoying people... yeah, some people are just selectively nice. It may seem unbelievable to those who are their friends, but there you have it. To one person, they are decent enough and even if they act up, it ain't that bad... but when the person is not a friend or not someone with higher reputation, their 'acting-up' is just rude. Suddenly they have zero manners, they just wanna spoil the mood, to just make themselves feel better and appear powerful (when we just mindin' out own business). Childish behaviour that is left unchecked.

I know that it could be just a one-time thing, a spur of the moment, but wow. Rude is rude. They could've avoided behaving that way, but no, they CHOSE to be that way at that moment and they do not seem sorry about it and/or did not even think it was bad when it IS. True, no one is perfect; but I mind my own business, stay out of their way, STILL get bothered by them. In the words of one these rude players, perhaps there really is "trash" these days and we do "need to clean up the streets".

If Ragnarok can be funner with friends, it can also be uglier with too many jerks as well. Dunno what their malfunction is, but sometimes I think it's because they PVP too much they think everything is about trash talks and killing.

Hi there Unemployed unit, I usually calls doram a kitty coz they look so cute 😊 well I've got nothing to say much since we never talk in the game..saw you few times hanging out with other dorams and now I know why they're gone. Really hoping I can bump into you and have a little chit chat 🙂 enjoy where you're going to play 😿 -PrincessSophie

PS I hope you don't get offended whenever I call you or the other dorams "kitty" . its my first seeing that job and I think its really cute .💕

• Like 1

You people are very fortunate not to be a part of the PvP scene. Oh it's pvp lulz tt is fun it's all competition hehehauzejh

'Selectively nice' is the best way to put it.

You would have an even lower opinion if you had been active in PvP. Even in the midst of battle, you would see people fighting, trashing each other. Everyone who isn't their friend is an immediate enemy.

annoying no damage
sad death
stupid
go away noob no dmg bolts

-to name a few.

Some are directed towards myself. Some are not. In all scenarios, players who aren't even verbally abusing them in the slightest get talked down upon for some stupid reason god-knows-what. One's inflated ego is to be reckoned with, apparently. I even once knew newbies (who are now gone) that got completely trash-talk'ed back when BG wasn't restricted into specific times of the day. I've made this point in so many other posts; a lot of friends I knew gave up because of how impossible everything seems to be on the PvP arena, and how they get insulted for being -acceptably and inevitably- inadequate.

One specific friend of mine immediately stated how she hated the server so much, and that she's sorry to leave us in there. She was one of the most hardworking newbies I made friends with.

Another had been farming so much that I almost never see him offline, just for him to gradually stop logging on, until he never came back.

And yet another one remained clueless on the entirety of her playtime, because no one bothered to help her. Believe me, I tried. But an inexperienced player can only do so much. I still remember how we used to have fun trying out non-custom shenanigans to use against everyone in customs. I loved making my Angelic Set come to life.

She also quit, of course.

I won't be naming anyone. My time in Aeternitas and Kings' Raid was very insightful... but not in an entirely good way.

I wonder how many new players have suffered even worse, when I've seen so many of them give up in a guild made to help new players?

And before anyone accuses me, I'm not using newbies as a way to cover up my frustrations. I don't have the right to do so. I have had so many people help me on my way to get to where I currently am. So many people have given me gears I didn't deserve, zeny I didn't work for, shared knowledge I made no effort in pursuing, lent items I never even should've taken hold of-- and I've yet to pay them back for all they've done for me. I have absolutely no right to abuse the new players' predicament as a means of drawing sympathy to myself.

The point of this wall of text? Your semi-hiatus is completely understandable. Let's hope things get better in the future.

@Itsmesophie : Oh hey, I've definitely seen you around! Last I saw you was when I first went on Easter hunt some days ago, hehe~ Anyway, I don't mind being called 'kitty' because my friends call me that too. Cat, kitty... No problem.

@miareeta : Hahaha, that is why I don't like PVP. I CHOSE not to be involved in that scene because I can already imagine what's coming, haha. Yeah, those words... the person I was told of made remarks about female body parts just because my friend was a girl, so that one was very unacceptable, but I feel like that person would appear decent to someone else that I know of. But yeah, in my time, there have been people who have helped me and answered some of my questions (and this includes you!). There are decent people, but I think they just be lingering elsewhere to avoid this. That was what I did a couple of years back, but I guess the longer you stay somewhere, the more you notice things, the good and the bad.

I hope things will get better too. We gotta turn hope into action. Feedback has been given, bugs and all other issues have been reported, so the rest is in the hands of the admin team.

Edited by onion

@Miareeta "very fortunate". It's really a matter of choice than luck. Lol. Also whoever suffered worse or not, isn't the point, because the point is that they suffered. Everyone has different degrees of tolerance to idiocy. But I get what you mean though. Just clarifying stuff. 

Hope that things do get better, fix people including admin team themselves. Improvement has to start from the core. Unfortunately Idk how to code shiz, otherwise I would've totally volunteered.

Also TT gets old. Lol??

@Onion cue the song "Get Ready to Sweep". Lol. Do once is possible to ignore, but that guy did a second time. And these people roam free? If the foundation is shaky, it just won't last.

Pardon me my opinion does not weigh as much as the gold paid by these fools.

//Sulk sulk sulk

• Haha 1

I hope this get attention and recognition it deserve but honestly in I bet this won't, there is 1 person that can fix issues but mostly unavail.

I have been so demotivated too lately (as I have been, multiple times in the past) but somehow always found a reason to stay and try to make things better. I have yet to find the so called motivation :th_ag: lately. There was one point where I think to myself that "it's really no point in me going on" because everything just seem very unrewarding, impossible and quite stressful where #main chat was enabled back then so every single curse words, slur, anything uncomfortable to read were hung there for everyone to see.

Reading this post leave me speechless but somewhat eye-opening, because everything you said is true and there's no point in invalidate your opinion because it isn't me that went through what you went through.

Honestly I can't tarnish the name of people or the very server that I took part as staff in, as we have always been warned to not include ourselves in pointless drama, but I have been in a few drama in the past and looking back at those now, those are really just childish arguments about etiquette and common sense that I shouldn't even be taking personally, but who am I kidding? if I know then, what I know now, it probably wouldn't change much because it doesn't matter what I think, what I feel takes over. (That's why I recognize what you are going through) and encourage you to let your opinions out in public. Sad to let you go but a rest from everything is exactly what you deserve.

But you know, time passed, I grew up and geared up. I once confronted people who were just utterly mean, but turns out she said something along the lines of "that's just how I talk when I hangout with friends". That made me angry and glad at the same time. And we are still friends until now, and me telling you this is important because this person is included in your post :th_heh:. But I guess it's no where near relevant because you don't know her like she refers to me as one of her "friends".

But really we can’t really tell/ have someone to behave accordingly, also nearly impossible to punish someone for just being rude too. I’ve learnt the hard way to not let it bother me, yes maybe it’s true I am noob, and useless; and I have no problem on being one. I have people telling me rude things about my country 🇮🇩 that day, not only that I’m uncomfortable but also worthless. Thats how toxic it can get at some point. That’s not the server’s fault though, it shows that some people are just not down to accept diversities. But believe me when I say we are trying our best-est to eliminate toxicity. But unlike the real world people lash out their anger in virtual world behind closed doors and thats what they do best.

Confession time: It's even more stressful coming from a person who seen the pvp scene, its 100% stressful, unrewarding and impossible. The people who stayed in the top back then still dominate the scene; without realizing/ refusing the idea being separated to keep healthy competition going. It's official, here I said it; I kind of already gave up. I have tried a lot of ways to keep things rolling, me and friends created a decent guild to be up for battles, we joined the losing guild because we wanted fair fight, even if it took us 20 people to kill 10 of them, whatever it takes to get everything continuous, but hereby said I have failed, the people who are vets I have to admit that they are nearly indestructible and I'm proud to admit that I lost, but not without a fight, though. wow that felt good 🙂 (don’t even get me started on the TT)

point is, :th_wah:sorry I got too carried away, problems are there, it doesn't seem getting resolved soon, nor any notice or update passed on to me either. Things are looking unhopeful and your decision for a semi-hiatus is much understandable. See you again soon in Caspen!

Edited by caramellmacchiato
Check
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I like how yall just talking about the community part only, and not the rest of what Onion wrote. XD

I guess nth can be said or done. We are powerless against such situations.

Edited by liyaperfidious

@caramellmacchiato : Yeah I saw you and miareeta yesterday at Caspen. ^^

Well~ it's just that things have gotten so bad that I can't even sugarcoat anything. I mean, if things are bad, it's bad. I can't say otherwise, right? I usually let some things slide, but I can't anymore. I don't want to tarnish people's names either, but if I ever mention names, it indicates just how damaging their actions are. People tarnish their own names when they just keep being rude. If you wanna say that is just who they are because of reasons, then fine. I will compromise, but it does not mean it's OK.

True, we can't force someone to behave the way we want to; but we can do our part and tell them HOW they should behave (esp. if it is against the rules and disrupts social harmony). If you want to speak in an uncultured way among yourselves (party or guild chat) then OK. But to speak like that to just about anyone because you forgot how to speak like normal people, not OK. It's the same as how you don't go placing your arm over the shoulders of someone you've known for ten minutes, even if it is clearly a friendly gesture.

Wow, cool! ^^ I support your efforts! Yes, I believe it is very possible to turn DRO community into a better one, using the right methods. Deal with the root cause. Player mute is a small move, but a good method. So far, the servers I have played have it. Why DRO does not have that, I don't know. Bad method of removing toxicity: removing the #main channel. So a few people were very rude on #main -- why was the entire server punished? You could have muted or ban the players, but nope. Let's just throw the whole trio of channels into the ditch instead. Yeah they put it back now but only available to those who join... which is near pointless.

Anyway... community aside, I will still hope for DRO to have all skills available and working, and for maps to be implemented. ^^ If improving the community is that hard of a task, let us decent folk roam about on quests, away from 'unavoidable' drama.

And Caspen's tile bug has GOT to get fixed, like seriously! xD

Edited by onion

11 hours ago, caramellmacchiato said:

I hope this get attention and recognition it deserve but honestly in I bet this won't, there is 1 person that can fix issues but mostly unavail.

I have been so demotivated too lately (as I have been, multiple times in the past) but somehow always found a reason to stay and try to make things better. I have yet to find the so called motivation :th_ag: lately. There was one point where I think to myself that "it's really no point in me going on" because everything just seem very unrewarding, impossible and quite stressful where #main chat was enabled back then so every single curse words, slur, anything uncomfortable to read were hung there for everyone to see.

Reading this post leave me speechless but somewhat eye-opening, because everything you said is true and there's no point in invalidate your opinion because it isn't me that went through what you went through.

Honestly I can't tarnish the name of people or the very server that I took part as staff in, as we have always been warned to not include ourselves in pointless drama, but I have been in a few drama in the past and looking back at those now, those are really just childish arguments about etiquette and common sense that I shouldn't even be taking personally, but who am I kidding? if I know then, what I know now, it probably wouldn't change much because it doesn't matter what I think, what I feel takes over. (That's why I recognize what you are going through) and encourage you to let your opinions out in public. Sad to let you go but a rest from everything is exactly what you deserve.

But you know, time passed, I grew up and geared up. I once confronted people who were just utterly mean, but turns out she said something along the lines of "that's just how I talk when I hangout with friends". That made me angry and glad at the same time. And we are still friends until now, and me telling you this is important because this person is included in your post :th_heh:. But I guess it's no where near relevant because you don't know her like she refers to me as one of her "friends".

But really we can’t really tell/ have someone to behave accordingly, also nearly impossible to punish someone for just being rude too. I’ve learnt the hard way to not let it bother me, yes maybe it’s true I am noob, and useless; and I have no problem on being one. I have people telling me rude things about my country 🇮🇩 that day, not only that I’m uncomfortable but also worthless. Thats how toxic it can get at some point. That’s not the server’s fault though, it shows that some people are just not down to accept diversities. But believe me when I say we are trying our best-est to eliminate toxicity. But unlike the real world people lash out their anger in virtual world behind closed doors and thats what they do best.

Confession time: It's even more stressful coming from a person who seen the pvp scene, its 100% stressful, unrewarding and impossible. The people who stayed in the top back then still dominate the scene; without realizing/ refusing the idea being separated to keep healthy competition going. It's official, here I said it; I kind of already gave up. I have tried a lot of ways to keep things rolling, me and friends created a decent guild to be up for battles, we joined the losing guild because we wanted fair fight, even if it took us 20 people to kill 10 of them, whatever it takes to get everything continuous, but hereby said I have failed, the people who are vets I have to admit that they are nearly indestructible and I'm proud to admit that I lost, but not without a fight, though. wow that felt good 🙂 (don’t even get me started on the TT)

point is, :th_wah:sorry I got too carried away, problems are there, it doesn't seem getting resolved soon, nor any notice or update passed on to me either. Things are looking unhopeful and your decision for a semi-hiatus is much understandable. See you again soon in Caspen!

Latte is one of the kind persons I know in this game and yes I can say there are people who are just rude. Trashtalk with me is fine, I don't even reply to them. But some people goes beyond the line where they attack you personally. I'm also saddened by the fact that even new players experience this. If this is done to an old player, it would not be as bad since old players are used to it. But there are crabs who does it to newbies maybe because they don't want newbies to catch up or etc. I think they do this more to newbies who are donators because they are threatened by the fact that their potential is huge.

For me, just like the reason for removing #trade/#main, people who are being rude (not just TT, but doing personal attacks) to new players is unforgivable. However, Latte is not new, but I'm also saddened that people are being rude to her. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@liyaperfidious : What makes a server possible is if anyone plays on it. You know, like what are rock stars if without fans. So 'community' is a huge factor.

But yeah, we probably can't say much on the rest because we can't change it... So talkin about community indicates that we really want to change it and it's obvious that we CAN change it. Maybe once everyone (or at least a majority) can generate good vibes, goodness will circulate. This is the warmer and slower approach, though. Trying to enforce laws upon the lawless usually backfires, but I believe if firmness and continuity is there, it'll work. We already have Support Players. Better yet, we even have 'Control/Police' in GM ranks. This is their time to shine, to use the power bestowed upon them!

Or so we can hope. 😕

Apex and Sven getting on the tile business. LOL.

@onion How to play if can't get past portal okok I shut up about this.
But I understand it. I think we need more in the Support team to enforce the laws that are already in place. I think it's no longer time for "first warning, etc", just mute, then ban, if persists. Friend or not, the law is the law. Idk how to sound persuasive XD Basically, don't give them a chance to repeat offense. There's a time for being casual/fun, there's a time for being strict. It's only a problem when people aren't used to being ethical and having basic manners, which makes all these sound "too much" for them. Crash course discipline yes yes yesssssssssssss...

Also limit TT to PvP place only, so outside, be quiet.

Edited by liyaperfidious
forgot
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, liyaperfidious said:

I like how yall just talking about the community part only

yes because tbh I have not enough authority nor any insight on where the progress of 'fixing' is at, developments are kind of top secret and only availabale to staffs who joined the dev-team they are usually red-texted users in forum :th_heh: (or I guess they know better). We Helpers are given quite general information only. Also, another SP have already issued an urge to look at you guys' problems.

about the #main chat, it's quite complicated and has been going on for months, you see, people who have been toxic has been banned and muted A LOT of times, warned and punished. But do you know what they told me? "i'm gonna keep TT-ing until I die" the second they are free from their punishment they started to draw negative vibes again. It's quite impossible to permanent ban the person though? also, we need to look at the GM hirearchy back then, not all GM can punish. If I should say; there's only like 4-5 people that can do so (most of them are even in probation position, so they are often ignoring problems to avoid anything that can put their position into question "are you abusing your new so-called power?"). Point is, punishing someone kind of taking much of mental space and time :th_heh: Also, rules and guidelines before punishing someone is giving them (if I'm not mistaken) 3x warning, they mostly are quiet when warning is issued. And also, these 4-5 people are living in a different timezone or have a quite busy life, so mostly they're not in-game to monitor, but available in forum. So, reporting a ban appeal in forum can be done, but it takes quite some time, by the time a GM take notice about forum reports, the slur comments and spams have been made and everyone have seen it. This recurring problem made our founding father took the luxury of #main chat away. :th_heh:

Edited by caramellmacchiato

For real, those development stuff are way beyond my reach. I even once talked about it with one of the devs, and I could barely follow the terminologies I was being showered with. Thing is, us Helpers can help solve issues that concern the community-- actually, everyone can. What differentiates us from the normal player would be the forum title, and the obligation to answer @requests. Mostly, at least.

The dev part? I'd probably make things worse (lol). I wish I knew a thing or two about it...

• Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, miareeta said:

What differentiates us from the normal player would be the forum title, and the obligation to answer @requests. Mostly, at least.

and maybe we have access to a group chat with upper ranks staff but that's about it lol :th_heh:

Yeah, haha thought as much. Understood.

Which is why, there's really no time for feelings anymore. "Takes up mental space" or not, it's part of the responsibility. If they are unable to, then resigning is an option. I'm sure there won't be restriction to that?? But I can understand about the time-consuming part, especially if majority are asses. When it comes to enforcing rules, they have to be impartial. Probation or whatever, if provided with evidence for the report and reason of ban, what is wrong with that? Probation just means like a training: you should still have the power to take action, and leave the final call to the higher-ups. Can't keep worrying about whether others would think they are abusing their new power or not. You gotta be firm in what you think is right. In any leadership position, ignoring the problem would actually be bad for them in the long run.

OH- since you mentioned the @request , I'd like to suggest(?) sth?? Like when we ask sth, can the person who replies say sth like "Hi, what seems to be the problem?". Because whenever I ask, they just straight away answer but vaguely, that I didn't even know they were the ones responding to the request. It's quite confusing, especially since Helpers don't really have a special font colour in-game.

Unfortunately it's not my position to comment/ question their integrity :th_wah:

about the request, that's why we always encourage people to just get into the question immediately instead of typing "hi" or "hey" or "help", so we can get into the question immediately and connects.. if that makes sense.

I reply with a what's wrong? every time a @request of that nature comes up. I'm really sorry though, I'm usually AFK because of real life. Sometimes, I also tend to leave it to the others. I feel like I might not be able to answer his/her question, leading to their disappointment. As caramellmacchiato had said, we encourage people to include their very question (or at least the topic at hand) onto the @request itself.

This is a response towards your first post, anything thereafter was not read while I write this.

I am not in any way against your post, I am going to clarify some things first.

You may have misunderstood a bit of things. DreamerRO is renewalish because some of our features are pre-renewal, like thanatos card which is different in renewal. As for the developer, for the longest time, only Haze is the server's developer. Just last year we have a new one, Sadie. From what I understood, Sadie still needs Haze approvals at anything she does because HaZe does own the server.

DreamerRO has been up without any resets for years. I can not tell you the exact numbers because I don't know what it is, but it is beyond 8 years. That's the server's edge. No reset, no wipe, everything is still here. Of course that isn't usual for private servers, but I do have to admire how much work it must be to keep a server for this long.

Many of our players want the old RO feel, the nostalgia it has brought them in their earlier years. Unfortunately, dRO can not fully provide this. The Horror factory instance for example, came long after the renewal update. They are working on renewal features, slow but they are. (I hope.)

Now as for reasons of leaving.

I can not deny most of it. Honestly I wanted to try doram and the new classes. A new class to be ventured. I wanted to try it in this server first. But alas, the odds are not in our favor. It is currently one of the forgotten classes, one of the main renewal features that is yet to be improved. It's all the same classes in the pvp scene as well. I have met various people who wanted to try other classes but eventually settled with the basic ones, warlocks, GX, ranger. This is the server's meta because the veterans use it more than any class. I will not deny that the other classes needed some tweaking, oh of course they do. All we can do right now is hope for that. We have PVP consultants. I hope they consider the other forgotten classes, instead of nerfing anything that they think is OP or buffing something that is weak about their own main classes.

The server is all about the grind, yes it is. It is not easy to make money in the server at the start, that is true. But if you persevere, it isn't as difficult as it was. This is why we have guides and tips. I am willing to give you tips if you seek some, so long as I am online, as I am currently busy working in real life. I know you want other paths, an mvp or a PvE path, and oh I want that too. It was suggested years ago. I hope the idea is revisited. Renewal has so many quests, that's what I like about it really. But yes, the dungeons/instances we do right now is very few because they're the ones who give better monetary possibilities.

We have a toxic community, that is true. I have experienced this and reported some of it. Some have been muted for 24 hours. 48 hours. But that's all. I think the rules need some tweaks about it. They get banned for 3 days then come back for round 2845675687585799347. They never change because they know it's not a permanently bannable offense. Before DRO, I came from another server where the GMs monitored the channels and imposed punishments on hard trashtalkers. It was peaceful. However I don't think this will work well in dreamerRO. For reasons I will no longer say because I may get the ire of some individuals again. I was a support player once. I got trashtalked and continuously pissed on by people for simply being part of the staff. How is that fair when all I do is answer questions, guide people and do this voluntarily without pay? The problem isn't the server, it's the people. It's the community. I just wish they would place punishments to where it is due. It was a difficult experience that I managed to get through, by ignoring them. I know it sucks, but it worked.

I apologize in behalf of players who have wronged you. If you have it in you to come back, I would suggest you stay away from Caspen, cos that's where toxicity thrives at times. This is why I gave a base for my guilds.

It hurts me to know that another player gives up. I have been a guild leader of conclave, and a leader of scintilla. I know how heartbreaking it is to hear players give up simply because they get tired of the same thing I am tired of and can't do anything about.

I wish you the best. Please PM me the server you two are going to try the doram class in. Like you, I have been curious about it.

PS: I tried approaching you twice using a doram class. You people ignored me.

Edited by Feurille
I had coffee

17 hours ago, caramellmacchiato said:

It is more demotivating when you become an archbishop. You gear yourself billions of zenies only to not have shared party kills and get blamed for not healing someone with barely 1m hp. You and Mia are both bishops, you know this much is true.

People want to be a part of the biggest thing because they don't want to lose, I admire people who do not do so. In this case, join scintilla let's die with a 3 man team. Me you and Mia. kakakakekeka.

19 hours ago, miareeta said:

She also quit, of course.

I deleted everything else and left this specific quote but I will respond to most of it.

It does not fare well. Even in a newbie guild we can only do so little. It is up to the player to decide whether they would like the server. We can't do anything about the server so we have to take that in. I do not mean to sound cold but consider every new player as someone who will not stay long, as most of them don't. This way, your heartbreak is lowered. We can only answer their questions. I have had players who stayed even with so little guidance. They persevered. We can not blame ourselves for the loss of a new players. But we should not be blamed for it as well. We should also not be blamed for "the lack of players". It is not our fault. I have been renewing my review at least once a month. It irks me whenever I read "nO onE caReS nO rEviEws" because the way I see it, what I review isn't even considered as one?

We have first hand experience of players coming in and leaving. Can't be blamed for this. 🤣

Edited by Feurille

31 minutes ago, Feurille said:

join scintilla let's die with a 3 man team

Oh, I am up for this. Let's all die and get destroyed, together. 🍁

42 minutes ago, Feurille said:

I do not mean to sound cold but consider every new player as someone who will not stay long, as most of them don't.

You are never disappointed when you never expect anything-- an understandable principle to live by. You do have a point; maybe I should do just that.

But regardless of what I (or you) may expect, here's to Scintilla's success. Live and let die, newbies.

3 hours ago, miareeta said:

I reply with a what's wrong? every time a @request of that nature comes up. I'm really sorry though, I'm usually AFK because of real life. Sometimes, I also tend to leave it to the others. I feel like I might not be able to answer his/her question, leading to their disappointment. As caramellmacchiato had said, we encourage people to include their very question (or at least the topic at hand) onto the @request itself.

I do include the question briefly (because I think any longer might end up being cut off) but I get people saying just like one letter or sth. Or just one word. Or "where are you", which could literally be anyone asking for any reason LOL Idr who it was though.

1 hour ago, Feurille said:

Just last year we have a new one, Sadie. From what I understood, Sadie still needs Haze approvals at anything she does because HaZe does own the server.

RIP 😂

1 hour ago, Feurille said:

I think the rules need some tweaks about it. They get banned for 3 days then come back for round 2845675687585799347. They never change because they know it's not a permanently bannable offense.

Exactly THIS. UGH YES what I'm saying every time! It cannot be stressed enough that they need an edit to rules. You gotta be good to get good.

Also, I don't think I ever ignore people? Except those "hello sir how do i sit" kind of newbies. Sorry if I did though.

And I think names can be mentioned in the proper channels, like when report or sth, or pm, as a precaution to avoid.

1 hour ago, miareeta said:

You are never disappointed when you never expect anything-- an understandable principle to live by. You do have a point; maybe I should do just that.

If you expect people to not stay, that is already an expectation. So, it's better to take it as it is, in this case.

Hi Feurille. Thanks for clearing that up. I mean yeah, the term 'renewal-ish' did confuse me. If that is the case then OK...I guess.

Oh, so the 'new developer' HaZe mentioned last year is Sadie? Wew. o_O

I too play for nostalgia, but not so much. I play Dreamer server for the high rates because if on low rate, it can be hard to solo through main arc quests (esp. if they recommend a party of more than 2).

Mmm, yes I know nothing comes easy except money maybe, hahaha~ since there is that Caspen Treasure Box thingy (though you'd still need to get lucky to hit one with a bag in it)... But I don't want the money much. I want the adventure. The roaming about doing quests, if not hanging out with an NPC. I know DRO somewhat centralises on PVP but I thought they'd have the normal stuff as well for non-PVP play(quests, for example).

"...consider every new player as someone who will not stay long, as most of them don't." -- hot quote for the day, hehehe. So far everyone here seems to acknowledge the fact that DRO community is toxic. With that in mind, how are we even supposed to retain new players? It makes me think twice on reviewing the server on RMS because I do not want to trap people into coming to a place like this. I guess since we have yet to cleanse the DRO community, better not even ask for new people to come in; unless they have nerves of steel and seems like potential cure for the community. Personally, I think we should stop voting and reviewing for a while just to avoid newbies from coming and going because people will talk. We need to fix ourselves first before re-promoting this place to the world. This whole server needs a makeover. x'D

Eh? You have approached me as a Doram?? When? I usually don't ignore people since I don't AFK... unless I was in some serious discussion with my friends. What was your name? I must know!