The forums have recently been upgraded to a newer version. Please bear with us while we bring back our custom features and tweak our skin to our liking.

Thank you and enjoy!

Hi, I go by Dymlos.

A few of my friends and I are planning on possibly playing here, but I was having some trouble finding a lot of information that they requested, so I'm just going to write down a list of questions if anyone would be kind enough to answer.

What's the actual active population here?

What is the WoE scene like? Which is the most active WoE? Is the 2nd Jobs WoE using renewal mechanics or non-renewal?

The server is listed as Renewal-ish, but I'm having a hard time finding a compendium of all the information. What is and isn't renewal?

On the topic of custom changes, what are all the custom changes? I was having trouble finding a list of all the custom changes done to every class on top of renewal. Is there somewhere specific where I can find all of this info?

15 minutes ago, Dymlos said:

Hi, I go by Dymlos.

A few of my friends and I are planning on possibly playing here, but I was having some trouble finding a lot of information that they requested, so I'm just going to write down a list of questions if anyone would be kind enough to answer.

What's the actual active population here?

What is the WoE scene like? Which is the most active WoE? Is the 2nd Jobs WoE using renewal mechanics or non-renewal?

The server is listed as Renewal-ish, but I'm having a hard time finding a compendium of all the information. What is and isn't renewal?

On the topic of custom changes, what are all the custom changes? I was having trouble finding a list of all the custom changes done to every class on top of renewal. Is there somewhere specific where I can find all of this info?

I will answer your question as someone who has been playing for approximately 5 months on this server:

What's the actual active population here? Less the vendors, 100-150

What is the WoE scene like? Which is the most active WoE? There are only 2 major guilds fighting for castles.

Is the 2nd Jobs WoE using renewal mechanics or non-renewal? I'm not sure about this, but I think it is renewal-ish already.

The server is listed as Renewal-ish, but I'm having a hard time finding a compendium of all the information. What is and isn't renewal? I cannot also give an exact information regarding this, but try to go through this wiki page as it is supposedly the updated information/guide that we have: http://www.playdreamerro.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

On the topic of custom changes, what are all the custom changes? Custom changes includes skills, card effects, custom instances, automated events, server feature such as Miner World, equipment like Headgears, costumes etc.

Is there somewhere specific where I can find all of this info? Please try to visit the Wiki link above and also browse through the Announcement and Guides section.

I decided to play this server and is still playing it because of the many things I can do and explore. I do pvp but mostly pvm stuff, and the server features compensate both. I get to farm and pvp at the same time. Try the server so we can have new bloods in game. See ya.

In-game you can ask around or use @request to reach online Support Players or post here in forums.

Whisper to #trade or #main to join discussions.

Alternatively, join our guild: Scintilla

as we are accepting newbies in guiding them through the game.

Edited by 7deadlysins
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I hope those answers your a question. We have quite a few staff like me ready to help you in game, use @request <your question> to have your question answered instantly.

I did take a look at the wiki but found it lacking in any information about custom class changes. There's a suggestion forum here where a lot of changes are suggested and made to classes, but I really just wanted a specific place that gathered all changes for each class to look at.

On the wiki page for stats and explanations it also gives information on the pre-renewal stats and not renewal like I saw in-game. http://www.playdreamerro.com/wiki/index.php/Stats

I'm really just looking for the specific balancing changes made to each class so we can decide which characters we'll be running with. Taking a look through just a few of the accepted balancing changes posts shows that things like grand cross have been nerfed in damage, but by how much? Is there really no way to easily look up what all has been custom changed for each class?

I'm still unsure what renewal-ish means. What is and isn't renewal mechanics wise?

• Like 1

Imo but don’t quote me on this, the exact rate of some skills nerfed is rarely told but if you are really eager to know you maybe can check the changelog? http://www.playdreamerro.com/forums/index.php?/forum/55-changelog/ but you really have to scroll and see every single one of it since months and years before.

But aside that, I think the mechanics of the game you will be familiar of once you get into it. If you are planning on staying in this server best advice I can give you is give the game a go, because it is tweaked so much from the original content that I’m not sure where to begin with, give it a go and see if you like it.

all further answers and explanations I rest it for other staffs.

Edited by caramellmacchiato

11 minutes ago, Dymlos said:

I did take a look at the wiki but found it lacking in any information about custom class changes. There's a suggestion forum here where a lot of changes are suggested and made to classes, but I really just wanted a specific place that gathered all changes for each class to look at.

On the wiki page for stats and explanations it also gives information on the pre-renewal stats and not renewal like I saw in-game. http://www.playdreamerro.com/wiki/index.php/Stats

I'm really just looking for the specific balancing changes made to each class so we can decide which characters we'll be running with. Taking a look through just a few of the accepted balancing changes posts shows that things like grand cross have been nerfed in damage, but by how much? Is there really no way to easily look up what all has been custom changed for each class?

I'm still unsure what renewal-ish means. What is and isn't renewal mechanics wise?

Change log may Help. 

The changelogs are nice, but a great number of things have changed throughout the years that are no longer relevant in the older changelogs. I won't be forcing them to read through the 2000+ accepted balancing posts and then also try and sort out relevant information from the changelogs to try and piece together how a class works and then repeat for each class they're interested in playing. It'd take days, perhaps weeks for them to find the pertinent info and there's no guarantee the information is relevant because of lack of transparency on what exactly has changed with each class.

Is there a reason why the information is all secret when nearly all information on renewal/pre-renewal mechanics is finely detailed and open for everyone to view on sites like irowiki? Even other servers such as https://www.anomalyro.com/wiki/index.php/Balancing_Changes and https://www.legendsofmidgard.com/wiki/Custom_Features have custom changes finely detailed for each class so new players can make an informed decision on how the game world works. (sorry if i'm breaking rules by linking these, but it's baffling that a server with so many custom changes completely lacks a well organized resource for new players to reference before playing.) Within minutes of reading through either of the two sites I linked I could hop into the game and know exactly what has changed with each class and any mechanics that may be custom to the server.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don’t think you can compare other server to what we have here in Dreamer. For example my AB can heal 600% more than its original job capability. Its unique at its own way with elite weapons and stuff. The gears effect here is so custom made even a holy light has 35% to trigger dispel. A written theory and exact rate really can only help you so far. (Correct me if I’m wrong) once I again I would say you really need to experience your choice of job and see how the mechanic works. Welcome to DreamerRO! 

PS I do agree that a page dedicated to changes and balancing of a job needs to be as elaborate as other server.

The wiki we have currently is under construction and had just been recently enabled by the admin, I would say give us more time to grow and work on everything. Sorry for your inconvenience, I hope what we have in this server works out for you as much as it is for me.

15 hours ago, 7deadlysins said:

Best thing is to try and experience it.

Best reply

16 hours ago, caramellmacchiato said:

I don’t think you can compare other server to what we have here in Dreamer. For example my AB can heal 600% more than its original job capability. Its unique at its own way with elite weapons and stuff. The gears effect here is so custom made even a holy light has 35% to trigger dispel. 

We're all fans of custom changes to RO and that was part of the draw of maybe coming to this server. We're just looking for numbers on how each classes skills and stats has been custom changed so we can decide on how to properly gear whichever class we choose to play. I think it's reasonable to say that no one wants to spend a significant amount of time gearing and progressing a character only to find out that a skill they were hoping to optimize was actually nerfed into the ground and find their time wasted.

I'd love for us to be able to just log in and experience it, but we'd like to get started on the actual custom content this server has to offer. Without an easily accessible source to reference, we'd have to first create every single class and then painstakingly experiment with each skill under different conditions in order to find out what % each skill does damage wise or how big of a role shield weight plays into paladin shield skills, or spear weight when it comes to spiral pierce and so on. It's impractical to have to experiment in this way to uncover the thousands of custom changes made on this server so far.

I get that it probably sounds like i'm being a stickler for the details, but for players that enjoy min-maxing and theory crafting RO, these numbers are essential. On top of that, having the numbers visible and easily accessible will help with balance suggestions. Taking a look at several balance suggestion threads, I see little talk of actual numbers and rather just what people "feel" is too strong or weak.

I appreciate the replies given so far and hope we can figure out a way to readily get this information out to my friends, veterans, and any other newcomers that are thinking of joining. Hope to get started soon!

• Like 1

Like everyone has said so far... It's best to try it yourself and you can come to your own conclusion as to wether you like or dislike the server or not. For the time consumption issue that you seem to have we try to keep the essence of what Ragnarok Online really is... a grindy game. As for the "lack of information" the wiki is still being worked on and its fairly new but here in the forums there's the search bar so you can find anything you desire in any part of the forums, for example: you can look for specific changes to any class you want in the changelog by simply going to the changelog and selecting the option to search in the changelog.

But again try it out for yourself, make friends, experiment, grind and im sure you will like everything the server has to offer. Hope to see you around soon 🙂

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dymlos said:

Hope to get started soon!

Yes. 

I have spent 1 year+ on my stuff and still isn’t done, sorry to say that i don’t know how you would survive if you wouldn’t spend those “days” of yours figuring out whats best for you. Some other like Veigas and Aaron probably spent a decade?

As Veigas said it’s a very grindy game to begin with.

The wiki other server has is very advanced and informative, once again our wiki had just been enabled not more than 3 months ago. None of us has kept track of that “complete nerfing list” and its safe to say we are all quite okay up until this point, I might be missing out.

But if you want my opinion on which classes is the most viable in pvp, will be; GX, RK, Ranger, Warlock, Sorcerers, Sura, RG, Mechanic, Gene, Ninja, Taekwon, AB, Super Novice.

I hope one of those jobs suits your taste?  

Imo, dancers and clowns are a bit, too squishy. But there are a few strong players so who am I to judge but you probably should avoid them if you’re new.

22 hours ago, Dymlos said:

The changelogs are nice, but a great number of things have changed throughout the years that are no longer relevant in the older changelogs. I won't be forcing them to read through the 2000+ accepted balancing posts and then also try and sort out relevant information from the changelogs to try and piece together how a class works and then repeat for each class they're interested in playing. It'd take days, perhaps weeks for them to find the pertinent info and there's no guarantee the information is relevant because of lack of transparency on what exactly has changed with each class.

Is there a reason why the information is all secret when nearly all information on renewal/pre-renewal mechanics is finely detailed and open for everyone to view on sites like irowiki? Even other servers such as https://www.anomalyro.com/wiki/index.php/Balancing_Changes and https://www.legendsofmidgard.com/wiki/Custom_Features have custom changes finely detailed for each class so new players can make an informed decision on how the game world works. (sorry if i'm breaking rules by linking these, but it's baffling that a server with so many custom changes completely lacks a well organized resource for new players to reference before playing.) Within minutes of reading through either of the two sites I linked I could hop into the game and know exactly what has changed with each class and any mechanics that may be custom to the server.

I believe it is not intentionally being kept as a secret. But it's just that no one wants to do the detailed documentation part 🙂

First, only those that actually touch the code base, know what specifically changed and by how much. Those are only admin Haze and a couple of developers - which have work in real life and different life shits to deal with than just running a free to play server. So you can already imagine that the detailed documentation part is not really on top of their priority list. That is also the reason why they are asking for players to contribute on the server's Wiki page. It is only when bugs get reported, then discussed, or when admin/developers announced something, that players here know that there has been an update/change. (See Announcement/Bugs section)

Second, there is no forum thread made wherein every class gets to have its own documentation/change log like the ones you have linked. ADMIN/FORUM MODERATORS, this is actually a good feature to have in forums. HAHAHA

This game has been around for 10 years plus. The feature you are suggesting is good. However, this would require a lot of time and effort and currently we are all working on the new wiki and other new features. For now, I think let’s just wait for the wiki.

And I also agree with everyone that experiencing the game itself and learning through experience is better. There are a lot of things that are better explained by experience rather than words. I’ve been playing my class for around 2-3 months and I can tell you that I’m still learning a lot of things still.

Initially my consideration of joining this server is the custom sprites. But when I went to pvps, I realized I love the server because everything is balanced (not perfectly), but its the best I’ve played so far. There are classes better suited for some scenarios, but there is no 1 class that is above all in all situations. 

I really hope you try this server. I’m sure you will enjoy. Ofcourse expect some grind to do unless you plan to donate. I am a busy person in real life so to compensate the times I cannot play, I donate to the server to get some gears and also help our beloved server.

A little side note: I would also suggest staying away from joining PvP with Super Novice (and most expanded classes), as much as I love the class. To be honest, Super Novices are pretty weak unless you are extremely rich, compared to say, Warlocks. The same thing for Ninjas, Gunslingers, and TaeKwon classes in which they need a little bit more "kick" to become what we call "viable".

However, that is just my opinion. I strongly suggest you peruse this thread:

It's pretty much accurate despite how old it is.

15 minutes ago, miareeta said:

A little side note: I would also suggest staying away from joining PvP with Super Novice (and most expanded classes), as much as I love the class. To be honest, Super Novices are pretty weak unless you are extremely rich, compared to say, Warlocks. The same thing for Ninjas, Gunslingers, and TaeKwon classes in which they need a little bit more "kick" to become what we call "viable".

However, that is just my opinion. I strongly suggest you peruse this thread:

It's pretty much accurate despite how old it is.

I agree with this. Those closes mentioned, Ninja, GS, TK and SN are really really strong in PVP, but they are very very hard to use too. If you try to go to PVP, the common classes are WL, RK, Ranger, GX and RGs. These classes are very strong too, and there are a lot more guides available for these classes. Also, gears are easier to obtain because as stated they are alot in game, so there are also a lot of items for these classes. 

Thank you for all the answers! Most of my friends that would be joining are what would best be called RO veterans. It's not that we don't have the experience, it's from experience that we know RO is just a game of numbers. I hope in the future that patch notes and balancing changes are noted more precisely so that any wiki contributions will be accurate and detailed. 

I did take a look through quite a few threads in the balancing changes and did look over the changelogs. As I said, it's rather difficult to tell what information is still accurate to this day without a running list of what's current from the devs. This is especially true for skills and items that may have received nerfs or buffs and then had those changes revoked due to being over/undertuned in future patches.

I'm not sure how interested they still are without an existing resource so we can figure out how and what we'd like to play, but 1 or 2 of them said they plan on at least logging in and checking out WoE this coming weekend to see if the competition seems worth it.

I received a PM regarding Dorams and Rebels and their lack of skills or buggy skills and it's mostly things like this that I'd rather save my friends the headache of experiencing early on in our time here. Again, thanks for all the help so far!

I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I do. Not saying this because I'm part of the team but I've found myself a server I'm gonna stay in for good.

Catch me in game sometimes I'll bring you to look around, hopefully.

24 minutes ago, Dymlos said:

Thank you for all the answers! Most of my friends that would be joining are what would best be called RO veterans. It's not that we don't have the experience, it's from experience that we know RO is just a game of numbers. I hope in the future that patch notes and balancing changes are noted more precisely so that any wiki contributions will be accurate and detailed. 

I did take a look through quite a few threads in the balancing changes and did look over the changelogs. As I said, it's rather difficult to tell what information is still accurate to this day without a running list of what's current from the devs. This is especially true for skills and items that may have received nerfs or buffs and then had those changes revoked due to being over/undertuned in future patches.

I'm not sure how interested they still are without an existing resource so we can figure out how and what we'd like to play, but 1 or 2 of them said they plan on at least logging in and checking out WoE this coming weekend to see if the competition seems worth it.

I received a PM regarding Dorams and Rebels and their lack of skills or buggy skills and it's mostly things like this that I'd rather save my friends the headache of experiencing early on in our time here. Again, thanks for all the help so far!

Hope you guys try the server out. Most of the people i talked to always say that this is the best server they have played so far. I am also in agreement with them. PVP is balanced ish right now. Ofcourse, there is no perfect balance. Some class counters another class. I can assure you that even if currently, we have no compilation of all relevant and accurate changes, these could be easily figured out in game. And maybe, you guys can also help the server compiling it in the wiki.

As for some lack of skills, I believe this is still a work in progress. As stated in the description of this server, it is renewal (ISH). It does not fully implement everything because studies must be made first regarding the overall effect in the game before implementing them. 

I hope you and your friends try this server out. I am sure you guys wills enjoy this game, especially considering you guys are veterans. There are still a lot of veterans in this game that plays and I still learn from them. 

I also see a lot of new players these days and most of them are staying. I also know a lot of new players who donated because they see the server as a worth investment. So hope this insights can help you decide.