The forums have recently been upgraded to a newer version. Please bear with us while we bring back our custom features and tweak our skin to our liking.

Thank you and enjoy!

Sign in to follow this  
HaZe

2019 Balancing Patch #2

As mentioned in the Job Balance Patch #1, our efforts to change the meta and balance our classes is still on-going. With balance patch #2 we aim to balance jobs that were not balanced in patch #1, as well as revise some skills that did not work as intended in the first patch. We are still working on 2nd job skills, so this patch does not include any 3rd job balancing (except for Ninjas because that couldn't wait). Rest assured, there will be more balancing patches coming soon.

Needless to say, every change listed in Patch #1 & #2 is still under observation and can be changed or reverted without any prior warning. There are some pretty drastic changes in this patch, but we are certain it will definitely spice things up a bit! All we ask is that you receive these changes with an open mind and thoroughly try them before you raise any concerns.

• All weapon mastery skill bonus ATK increased by x5. (Example: 1H Sword Master from 3*Level to 15*Level = 30ATK to 150 ATK)
  • Reduced Falcon Assault's cool down from 1 second to 0.3 seconds.
  • Increased the HP of traps from 3,500 to 35,000.
  • Reduced the damage of Claymore, Landmine and Blastmine Traps by 10%.
  • Marionette Control now allows the target player to reach a max stat of 750 instead of 500.
  • Increased damage of Holy Light by 100%.
  • Impositio Magnus bonus ATK increased from 25 to 250.
  • Sanctuary's heal increased from 777 to 7,777. (almost 40k with Noble Hat)
  • Gloria's bonus Luck increased from 30 to 100.
  • Blessing bonus STR/INT/DEX increased from 10 to 30.
  • Increase Agility bonus AGI increased from 10 to 30.
  • Further increased the damage of Backstab when used with a dagger.
  • Increased damage of Throw Stone from 50 to 5,000.
  • Increased damage of Soul Breaker by 30%.
  • Reduced damage of Grimtooth by 12%.
  • Death Katar, Elite and Glorified Hero Katars have been converted into 1-Handed Weapons. (Cannot equip other weapons in the left hand while wearing a Katar.)
  • Replaced the range in the Elite Weapon Equinox by AtkRate + 2-3-4%.
  • Increased the damage of Venom Splasher by 10%.
  • Increased the damage of Pressure from 2,000 to 20,000.
  • Increased the cool down of Pressure from 0 to 0.25 seconds.
  • Revised the formula of Acid Demonstration to increase the portion of the damage that comes from the enemy's VIT.
  • Increased the damage of Alchemist's Bomb by 200%.
  • Increased Throw Spirit Spheres damage by 15%
  • Increased damage of Investigate by 20%.
  • Flying Sidekick no longer removes Soul Link from the enemy.
  • Increased the damage of Cart Revolution by 400%
  • Meltdown weapon/armor breaking effect now applies to Cart Termination.
  • Modified Cart Termination so it bypasses Cicada Skin Shed, Parrying & Guard.
  • Hammer Fall now inflicts Confusion on the enemy (same success rate as Stun).
  • Ice Wall HP increased from 2,200 to 25,000.
  • Gravitational Field's damage has been increased from 1,000 to 10,000.
  • Revised the formula for Hatred to ensure it is properly boosting damage according to its original formula (again).
  • Reduced the based HP rate of Taekwon Boy by 5%.
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Ninja's charms on their elemental skills by 25%.

Some item descriptions still need to be modified to reflect these changes. You can expect the descriptions to be updated within the next couple of days. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

Mechanic: has joined the group chat.

Rune Knight: has left the group chat

Royal Guard: has left the group chat.

🙂

Edited by Death Of Birth

waw interesting

Katars doesn't need to be one handed, that's ridiculous and noob, I main GX for 3 years and actively play in DA, I switch Katar from offense to defense safely. This just removes the skills to play GX and the gameplay is noobish from now on

Just now, whateverwhenever11 said:

Katars doesn't need to be one handed, that's ridiculous and noob, I main GX for 3 years and actively play in DA, I switch Katar from offense to defense safely. This just removes the skills to play GX and the gameplay is noobish from now on

Congratulations! How I wish we could all be as pro as you! Unfortunately, we aren't. In any case, there is no reason Katars should stay two handed when Bows and Guns have been made 1 Handed, as well as 2H Skills such as Parrying work with 1H swords. The only reason we didn't enable it before was because assassins have the ability to wear a weapon in the left hand and we did not want a katar and a dagger to boost damage. Thankfully we found a way to limit it so they cannot wear another weapon on their left hand while using a Katar. Now Katar assassins are no longer discriminated and every job can now use shields. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well that's maybe why t takes practice to master a skill?, now there's nothing to practice using GX, just spam and noob around.

In any case this will be the new meta, the damage of grim should be nerfed more, it will be  OP specially it's so easy to backslide away and spam 3-7x Grim before getting caught.

Now, GX can spam a high damaging skill without any Risk, that's the reason why katar type is supposedly 2 handed, High damage but High Risk. and GX is one if not the only class that requires much practice. 12% is not that much, since katar can now be the main weapon, it should be reduced more.  The main problem here is the gameplay, not the damage.

To rephrase the sentence, again, Not "I" but "It" can be switched from offense to defense and that  just takes a little practice, that's what separates GX from other classes.

Edited by whateverwhenever11
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

@HaZe Is it possible if a GX using katar and switch to dagger then the katar will automatically replaced by tha dagger? currently shield will loose if katar wielding gx switch to dagger.
Thank you~

• Upvote 1

grimtooth damage still quite high

Edited by Aan

5 minutes ago, Aan said:

@HaZe Is it possible if a GX using katar and switch to dagger then the katar will automatically replaced by tha dagger? currently shield will loose if katar wielding gx switch to dagger.
Thank you~

Not at the moment but will look into it.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, HaZe said:

Needless to say, every change listed in Patch #1 & #2 is still under observation and can be changed or reverted without any prior warning. There are some pretty drastic changes in this patch, but we are certain it will definitely spice things up a bit! All we ask is that you receive these changes with an open mind and thoroughly try them before you raise any concerns.

44 minutes ago, whateverwhenever11 said:

17 minutes ago, whateverwhenever11 said:

Well that's why maybe it takes practice to master a skill, now there's nothing to practice using GX, just spam and noob around.

Chill man..are you realy that stress irl? Take a deep breath and try to browse 9gag  :th_kis:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Aan said:

grimtooth damage still quite high

Yes and what concerns me more is the change of gameplay. One thing that makes GX unique is the gameplay and switching.

Not to be redundant, if this will be the new meta, If I may suggest, If all possible, to make the Equinox go to right hand when switching to Dagger.

But reverting to the old gameplay will be highly appreciated @HaZe

I actually tried to adapt with all the changes with GX since I started but I think this change has a lot of consequences as a GX player myself and vs a GX player too.

Thanks

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, celestialgrim said:

Chill man..are you realy that stress irl? Take a deep breath and try to browse 9gag  :th_kis:

As I said, I've been adjusting all the time and have always been just adapting with all the changes happened to GX without any word, but this time. I think this change doesn't make sense, the essence of GX and its mechanics are trade-offs, risk, switching, accuracy (backsklide) not spamming.

I don't want GX to be overpowered equally as much as I don't want it to be underpowered.

But the thing here is not about being OP or UP, it is a question of GX as a class not as a tier.

That's just my suggestion anyway, I'm flexible and I don't dwell much so if this will be final then I might just quit GX finally and peacefully then because the gameplay is no longer _______, its just same as other classes so why play GX anymore. 

Thanks

Edited by whateverwhenever11
x
  • Downvote 1

Great update!! im gonna finally use by blessing scrolls lol. 

Hoping GS elite shotgun can also be looked into eventually Haze... shotgun has no real edge over revolver. plus fullbuster randomly blinding the caster means a waste of carded headgeaer or cuz you cant do a shotgun build without using dark lord card...

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, whateverwhenever11 said:

As I said, I've been adjusting all the time and have always been just adapting with all the changes happened to GX without any word, but this time. I think this change doesn't make sense, the essence of GX and its mechanics are trade-offs, risk, switching, accuracy (backsklide) not spamming.

I don't want GX to be overpowered equally as much as I don't want it to be underpowered.

But the thing here is not about being OP or UP, it is a question of GX as a class not as a tier.

That's just my suggestion anyway, I'm flexible and I don't dwell much so if this will be final then I might just quit GX finally and peacefully then because the gameplay is no longer _______, its just same as other classes so why play GX anymore. 

Thanks

bro its about time that thats gx has one hand katar since bow and guns are one hand try to enjoy 1st before we complain its a new meta as Haze says 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lucifugegrundy said:

Great update!! im gonna finally use by blessing scrolls lol. 

Hoping GS elite shotgun can also be looked into eventually Haze... shotgun has no real edge over revolver. plus fullbuster randomly blinding the caster means a waste of carded headgeaer or cuz you cant do a shotgun build without using dark lord card...

Thanks, feel free to discuss to changes mentioned on this topic, but if it was not part of patch #2, please make a topic on the suggestion forums for future consideration.

@whateverwhenever11 We heard ya, (4 times). Please dont spam the topic arguing your opinion. First thing I asked was to try the changes with an open mind and thats the opposite of what you are doing. You dislike it, we got it. No need to repeat yourself

• Downvote 1

Can Death Katar be 1-handed too, please? Death Ballista is 1-handed.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Zerg Rush said:

Can Death Katar be 1-handed too, please? Death Ballista is 1-handed.

Sounds good

• Upvote 1