The forums have recently been upgraded to a newer version. Please bear with us while we bring back our custom features and tweak our skin to our liking.

Thank you and enjoy!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Poochiechay.

SHARP SHOOTING

Guest Poochiechay.

Can i suggest to increase the damage of Sharp Shooting skill of ranger? Because i observed that the damage of it is weak now. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks. 

I agree with this. Currently rangers are strong with DS and FA, but SS damage is really bad. Using a full damage build, my damage to a redux build WL is only 80k. 

The problem with this is SS has a very short range similar to FA. However, as stated the damage it does is really bad even compared to DSz Considering that a lvl 4 weapon is hard to obtain, a little boost on SS is reasonable. 

Again, would like to reiterate rangers are doing well in pvp. But I think SS became irrelevant so I agree to make it relevant again.

Edited by ZeroGravity
  • Upvote 1

On 9/12/2019 at 3:37 PM, Guest Poochiechay. said:

Can i suggest to increase the damage of Sharp Shooting skill of ranger? Because i observed that the damage of it is weak now. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks. 

Rangers are already boosted with job balancing it meant to be that way Rangers have traps advantage + cloak gear + Lv,4 weapon its obiously powerful in pvp, if rangers will have boost should we boost all other class too? to be fair in other class? not just for archer class right? my Rank C ranger can damage in phantasmagoria 600k-700k splash damage on mobs, the damage is fine as well.

3 hours ago, Death Of Birth said:

Rangers are already boosted with job balancing it meant to be that way Rangers have traps advantage + cloak gear + Lv,4 weapon its obiously powerful in pvp, if rangers will have boost should we boost all other class too? to be fair in other class? not just for archer class right? my Rank C ranger can damage in phantasmagoria 600k-700k splash damage on mobs, the damage is fine as well.

Please read his post again. He is asking to make SS Rangers usable, not make rangers stronger. You have to note that SS ranger is a whole different build than DS and traps. As I've mentioned, the problem is that it is a level 4 effect, but DS is even better having better DPS+range. For the HHH part, I think you have to test it in pvp. Btw, poochiechay is considered one of the best rangers and both of us tested SS having same result, which is bad.

For the other class, I think it would be better to make a separate thread for it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ZeroGravity said:

Please read his post again. He is asking to make SS Rangers usable, not make rangers stronger. You have to note that SS ranger is a whole different build than DS and traps. As I've mentioned, the problem is that it is a level 4 effect, but DS is even better having better DPS+range. For the HHH part, I think you have to test it in pvp. Btw, poochiechay is considered one of the best rangers and both of us tested SS having same result, which is bad.

For the other class, I think it would be better to make a separate thread for it.

not to make stonger ? did you read the post ? it says increase the damage. lol what does it mean O.o is there another meaning of "INCREASE DAMAGE"?

SS is powerful as DS if you refering about the best rangers they should not be having problem with SS,  O.o  SS has unique range splash damage + crit / %ignore def  it can wipe half of party in pvp if they where stacking, if you are really pro you will understang how ranger flexible is. and about hhh thing im just refering the output damage is too high with rank C on mobs, imagine what lvl 4 could do with players.

put a screenshot or video with your fully geard ranger vs full redux dummy, i assume you are fully geard so you can do it to support this suggestion, post it here and let them decide...

12 hours ago, Death Of Birth said:

not to make stonger ? did you read the post ? it says increase the damage. lol what does it mean O.o is there another meaning of "INCREASE DAMAGE"?

SS is powerful as DS if you refering about the best rangers they should not be having problem with SS,  O.o  SS has unique range splash damage + crit / %ignore def  it can wipe half of party in pvp if they where stacking, if you are really pro you will understang how ranger flexible is. and about hhh thing im just refering the output damage is too high with rank C on mobs, imagine what lvl 4 could do with players.

put a screenshot or video with your fully geard ranger vs full redux dummy, i assume you are fully geard so you can do it to support this suggestion, post it here and let them decide...

Taken literally, increasing the damage does make SS stronger. However, as a class, this suggestion won't make a ranger "stronger." What it would do is enable the player to have flexibility in his build, that is, whether the player can play SS or DS. If you main ranger, you would know that items and stats of DS rangers and SS rangers are different. This is even more obvious when comparing FA/Trap rangers with SS rangers. Since our argument is that SS is bad right now, compared to DS and FA, all or most rangers would be forced into playing DS or FA types only. The level 4 effect of the elite weapon won't make sense anymore. Making SS stronger does not necessarily make the class stronger. It would just give players flexibility in their play style.  In other words, the suggestion does not intend to make SS stronger than DS or FA. It only asks for a little boost to at least par with DS types. The suggestion only intends to make it "usable" or "viable".

I have to disagree that SS is as powerful as DS. As a ranger main myself, I have compared these 2 builds. You are right that SS does crit and splash damage. However, you failed to considered some factors. One of them is the range. The Range of SS is similar to FA which is shorter than DS. This makes the ranger vulnerable to damage. Since it is used in a mid range combat, SS rangers would be outdamaged by most class with similar range. As I stated, on a full damage build, the SS ranger does around 50-80k damage on a redux WL per hit. In pvps, you cannot always rely on the max damage possible. However, even on a full damage build, the damage couldn't be considered good.

For you pro reference, it was never claimed that I am a pro. But I do understand the ranger mechanics since I am kind of active in pvp using ranger. 

However for poochiechay, the community considers him as one of the best rangers right now. Being good/one of the best in a class does not mean that he or she can any build work. An example is physical ninja. Since renewal, this build is considered useless by the ninja community. If you are active in pvp, you won't see a physical ninja doing well. The same is true with SS. Even good rangers might not be able to make it work. (Ofcourse it would work vs easy enemies, but not vs enemies of the same caliber) In any case, if you don't think he is credible, you can also ask other ranger mains and pvp enthusiasts if SS rangers are still a thing right now.

For your claim of wiping a party, I don't see this still applicable now. I do concede that SS was really too strong before. However, as I've mentioned, I don't see a single ranger playing SS right now because, similar to physical ninjas, it is not a viable build, currently. The fact is most rangers are on DS/FA build because these are more viable builds.

Again for the HHH reference, never compare mobs to fully geared pvp players. 

Finally, I agree with you about posting a video/photo. Me and some friends are currently trying to make a video. Hopefully we can post it soon to support this suggestion.

But thanks for your inputs. I hope I was able to clarify some points that could be misinterpreted.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this