Help us keep our tremendous growth by writing a new review or renewing your previous review on Ratemyserver.

Avrora

Moonlight Sonata.'s Event Grinding Tips

Now that you guys have proper gear (yes. not full because you still need mercury relic), here are some tips that I can share with you guys with the experience I have gathered.

DISCLAIMER:

• This guide consists of the knowledge I have to efficiently kill mob which then takes me to the top 3 hunters and gives me more chances to rare drops and buffs.

• This applies to me. It wont hurt to go and research what works best on you.

• Most of the tips are applicable to hitters only as I have no experience whatsoever with WL and Sorc in event grinding (They suck anyway. jk Sierra Mike and Corona Extra are gods)

• This was made in March 2020 Corona Event. Some of the said items might not exist in the following big events.

• I'm in no way saying that I am the best in this. I at the very least know 3 other players better than me. Of course, you may very well be better than me, but just dont know what to do. I only made this to give my insights using the experience I have and share it to those who needs them.

LEGEND:

Green text - important notes

Orange text - edits or added notes as the event has evolve as time pass by.

GENERAL TIPS:

1. When everyone has the same equips on them, what separates a good hunter from a bad hunter is EFFICIENCY.

2. If youre going to make a new character to hunt, try using Guillotine Cross (Assassin 3rd Job) as they are able to carry a divine weapon and another one for either Shamshir or Elemental Sword. (Sorc and Hunters are really good too. Each job has its own pros and cons, so pick the one that suits you the best. These 2 never really clicked with me, so I sticked with GX.)

3. Do not put auto-cast cards on your weapon and armor. you only have a limited amount of auto-casted skills (courtesy of @jnad05 for the info). In my case, when I put Garm bebe and Garm card, Gazeti card doesn't work. Trading your "bolt" skill (10 dmg on mobs) for a "ball" skill (1 dmg) is just a bad idea.

4. Put your @jump macro on alt+1, then change that macro in settings with any single button you barely use. I personally use "`" for jumping so I don't have to click 2 buttons again and again. I know it's dumb, but if it saves me 0.01 second then dammit it's worth it!

5. You can also put @storage on your macro to make it easier to move your items when you're overweight. Also put @refresh on your macro as it will greatly reduce the lag for some time

6. A good internet connection is a key to a better efficiency. Stop using youtube when your internet cannot handle it! Or play it in 144p to load it faster.

7. Use a pet so you have someone to autoloot nearby tokens when Furious Bat dies. Collecting them one by one is a big no no.

8. Jumping around hunting for the Furious Bat is not worth it imo. Better get the top ranks for a surefire ticket and tokens than wasting time chasing a not sure one. Also, the boss in this event does not make the player with most damage get it. It is the one who LAST HIT IT. So even if you don't chase it, there's a good chance that it will jump on your face and kill it. (doing this now makes more sense as the boss monsters has 70PD which makes them even harder to kill. Also, I think the player that deals the most damage to the boss is given a reward too, so there's that option.)

9. Motivate yourself. Clicking around for hours will just bore you out. I myself want to be the top 1 at every wave, regardless of the buffs.

10. Try to take a pace you can handle. Try to take as much break as you can. Maybe sometimes miss wave 1 and let other players do it. This helps you not stress yourself and have a 100% focus on the wave 2 which is important especially if it's the ticket buff.

11. If you're in it to get an easy ticket and tokens, wave 1 is much easier to get as players tend to do #10 and not play on it. Wave 2 will be full of hungry dawgs trying to get as much tickets as possible.

12. Have fun. At the end of the day, we are all winners. 😎

13. You have to work harder than everyone else. Hunting halfheartedly will never get you to the top.

14. If you're looking to farm loots, phase 2 mobs is the best way to go. In my own experiment, I get twice the loot in phase 2 than in phase 1.

ADVANCED TIPS:

1. When transitioning from killing a mob to the next one that is a little bit farther from your reach, do not click the next mob right away. Sometimes there's a bug that your character just closes in the gap, then never attack for like 2 seconds. What I do is click the ground/tile to close the gap then immediately attack the mob. I can't explain it as much as I know how to do this, but this will take some practice and experience to do perfectly.

2. When there's tons of mobs hitting you, you can transition attack the next mob easier and smoother than if it isn't based on my opinion. But be careful as the mobs (or at least in Corona Event) has a very weirdly long range and the #1 bug happens.

3. There are tons of things you have to master in order to be at the top consistently in order for you to naturally do it. Positioning, Timing, Getting good rhythm, Focus, thinking which monster to kill next, etc. are the fundamentals.

4. If you are playing a Ranger, do not use any +range items. Instead, wear Plasma and any Middle HG and dont put anything on skill except the skills for Falcon and lvl 8 Vulture's Eye (VERY IMPORTANT) as the data from my experiments shows that bolt's max range is 8. your kill potential with 9 range or more will drastically slow down.

5. to all players with lowend RAM that still experience lags here and there, you might wanna check this out if you havent yet: --> https://www.razer.com/cortex <-- basically, Razer Cortex closes most applications that maybe slowing down your computer to free up some memory space. ex. if you have VLC open and you manually boost your PC performance or open a game that's in the list of cortex, it will automatically close your VLC and open it back when you turn off the boost/game. You may use this for your other games as well. It works for me. removes like 30-40% of lag which is a very big deal if you're gunning for the top hunter's spot. But I cannot promise that it will also work for you. And I cannot promise that this is not a scam designed to steal your mom's credit card number (disclaimer: just a joke plz dont sue me)

My Current Build:

White text items can be disregarded and Yellow text items are the important ones. I only show all the cards and gears for those who want to copy the same build to the beat.

c.JPG.74561766c4703fe62fd71d426c96a333.JPG

TOP HG - Hillslion Doll - Isilla Card

MIDDLE HG - Black Mini Glasses - Rata Card

LOWER HG - Snowman Balloon - Isilla Card

ARMOR - Suit of Youth

RIGHT HAND - GX Divine Weapon

LEFT HAND - Elemental Sword - Fused Baphomet Card (+1 Range), 2 Atroce Card

GARMENT - Shadow Garb - Kasa Card

SHOES - Glorified Shoes - Moonlight Card

ACCESSORIES - Mercury Relics - Faceworm Card and Dark Faceworm Card (Lex Aeterna Combo)

Stats: I just max STR for max weight capacity and max LUK for PD because when an enemy attacks you, its harder to move around. Rest is I dont even know unimportant. Also take note that this character is a Hero so there's extra stats on me.

Summary: this build is nothing special. Just go invest for 2 mercury relic and you'll do just fine. (Some say 25% chance lex aeterna HG. I'm comfortable with this build, but please feel free to experiment to find what works best for you.)

Let me just address the drama a little bit. I'm not scared of competition and its quite the opposite. I strive even more when there's a hunter I can't beat which is never a bad thing at least for me. I am showing you all my build not to prove I'm not scared but to provide insights to those new players who need a little help. You all knowing my build will not slow me down. So please, come at me and make me work harder so that I can get motivated and get more farm ಠ◡ಠ

If you have any questions, reply here or pm me in-game and I will answer what I can. Not during wave 2 though cause I block whispers to focus on it.

HAPPY GRINDING!

Edited by poepey
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, maryjane0822 said:

Great tips. 

Just to add u can just autoloot the EVENT items so u wont waste time on storing things..

yes its a must but I think most hunters already know that. Also I don't change the rate from the time I log in (automatic 100% loot rate) so it kinda felt an unnecessary tip to me.

23 hours ago, poepey said:

Now that you guys have proper gear (yes. not full because you still need mercury relic), here are some tips that I can share with you guys with the experience I have gathered.

DISCLAIMER:

• This guide consists of the knowledge I have to efficiently kill mob which then takes me to the top 3 hunters and gives me more chances to rare drops and buffs.

• This applies to me. It wont hurt to go and research what works best on you.

• Most of the tips are applicable to hitters only as I have no experience whatsoever with WL and Sorc in event grinding (They suck anyway. jk Sierra Mike and Corona Extra are gods)

• This was made in March 2020 Corona Event. Some of the said items might not exist in the following big events.

TIPS:

1. When everyone has the same equips on them, what separates a good hunter from a bad hunter is EFFICIENCY.

2. If youre going to make a new character to hunt, try using Guillotine Cross (Assassin 3rd Job) as they are able to carry a divine weapon and another one for either Shamshir or Elemental Sword.

3. Do not put auto-cast cards on your weapon and armor. you only have a limited amount of auto-casted skills (courtesy of jnad05 for the info). In my case, when I put Garm bebe and Garm card, Gazeti card doesn't work. Trading your "bolt" skill (10 dmg on mobs) for a "ball" skill (1 dmg) is just a bad idea.

4. Put your @jump macro on alt+1, then change that macro in settings with any single button you barely use. I personally use "`" for jumping so I don't have to click 2 buttons again and again. I know it's dumb, but if it saves me 0.01 second then dammit it's worth it!

5. You can also put @storage on your macro to make it easier to move your items when you're overweight.

6. A good internet connection is a key to a better efficiency. Stop using youtube when your internet cannot handle it! Or play it in 144p to load it faster.

7. Use a pet. Poring is better than anything since it has 20 slots ( not sure but my gold poring has afaicr) so you have someone to autoloot nearby tokens when Furious Bat dies. Collecting them one by one is a big no no.

8. Jumping around hunting for the Furious Bat is not worth it imo. Better get the top ranks for a surefire ticket and tokens than wasting time chasing a not sure one. Also, the boss in this event does not make the player with most damage get it. It is the one who LAST HIT IT. So even if you don't chase it, there's a good chance that it will jump on your face and kill it.

9. When transitioning from killing a mob to the next one that is a little bit farther from your reach, do not click the next mob right away. Sometimes there's a bug that your character just closes in the gap, then never attack for like 2 seconds. What I do is click the ground/tile to close the gap then immediately attack the mob. I can't explain it as much as I know how to do this, but this will take some practice and experience to do perfectly.

10. When there's tons of mobs hitting you, you can transition attack the next mob easier and smoother than if it isn't based on my opinion. But be careful as the mobs (or at least in Corona Event) has a very weirdly long range and the #9 bug happens.

11. Motivate yourself. Clicking around for hours will just bore you out. I myself want to be the top 1 at every wave, regardless of the buffs.

12. Try to take a pace you can handle. Try to take as much break as you can. Maybe sometimes miss wave 1 and let other players do it. This helps you not stress yourself and have a 100% focus on the wave 2 which is important especially if it's the ticket buff.

13. If you're in it to get an easy ticket and tokens, wave 1 is much easier to get as players tend to do #12 and not play on it. Wave 2 will be full of hungry dawgs trying to get as much tickets as possible.

14. Have fun. At the end of the day, we are all winners. 😎

If you have any questions, reply here or pm me in-game and I will answer what I can. Not during wave 2 though cause I block whispers to focus on it.

HAPPY GRINDING!

Just to add to this haha
1.) auto lex aterna cards eg. Owl baron, owl duke, Dark faceworm combo, skull demon hat (this is what some sorcs use hehe,) this will change 10 damage bolt to a 20 damage bolt
9. )When transitioning from killing a mob to the next one that is a little bit farther from your reach, do not click the next mob right away. Sometimes there's a bug that your character just closes in the gap, then never attack for like 2 seconds. What I do is click the ground/tile to close the gap then immediately attack the mob. I can't explain it as much as I know how to do this, but this will take some practice and experience to do perfectly.

->> Increasing your range helps aleviate that problem ( Night vision goggles, shamshir, fused baphoment), cuzz i think that is  sometimes due to a pathing problem,

10. When there's tons of mobs hitting you, you can transition attack the next mob easier and smoother than if it isn't based on my opinion. But be careful as the mobs (or at least in Corona Event) has a very weirdly long range and the #9 bug happens.

---> endure boots helps with this problem but if you're wearing dark lord or any auto cast when hit youmight slow down a bit

• Like 1

• Put @refresh on your macro. It will ease out the lag for some time.

• Set out goals. My current goal on phase 2 is to have 600 panaceas within 30mins with bbgum or fortuna on. It usually gives me around 1700-1800 total kills putting me somewhere in top 3 global hunters.

Also kicking Ryu the Sorc's ass is my top goal as Ive always lost against him on race. Damn you Ryu! Im coming fo yo ass boi 😤😤😤😤😤

10 minutes ago, poepey said:

• Put @refresh on your macro. It will ease out the lag for some time.

• Set out goals. My current goal on phase 2 is to have 600 panaceas within 30mins with bbgum or fortuna on. It usually gives me around 1700-1800 total kills putting me somewhere in top 3 global hunters.

Also kicking Ryu the Sorc's ass is my top goal as Ive always lost against him on race. Damn you Ryu! Im coming fo yo ass boi 😤😤😤😤😤

care to share equips and stats sir? 

https://imgur.com/a/DdqShPP

nothing really special lol. I wear Suit of Youth and Glorified Boots cause they say they are +10% movement speed but they're not really working. Maybe they dont work when you already have 60% ms.

Cards:

Yellow named cards are the proven useful ones. Dont mind the others Im too lazy to decard lol

Top HG: Rata Card ( DISREGARD - some say its not working )

Middle HG: Rata Card ( DISREGARD - some say its not working )

Lower HG: Rata Card ( DISREGARD - some say its not working )

Weapon 2: Fused Baphomet Card ( for +1 range for a total of 7 tiles. Minor addition for an expensive card but if you really want to maximize your event game, this will help you. ), Atroce Card ( DISREGARD - I dont think attack speed bonus is working ), LOD Card ( DISREGARD - status ailments aren't working on event monsters )

Garment: Kasa Card ( Fire ball and Fire bolt auto cast )

Shoes: Moonlight Flower Card ( DISREGARD - I dont think movement speed bonus is working )

Accessories: Gazeti Cards ( cold bolt auto cast. I prefer these over Lex Aeterna combos. they work better for me. )

Stats: I just max STR for max weight capacity and max AGI for flee because when an enemy attacks you, its harder to move around. Rest is I dont even know unimportant.

Summary: this build is nothing special. Just go invest for 2 mercury relic and you'll do just fine.

34 minutes ago, Ultra Instinct said:

moonlight fighting !

u can use supersonic boot tho.

yes was thinking about buying one too

Very nice little guide, thank you!
Really appreciate it as a newbie, especially the "limited amount of skills will autocast" tip. 🙂

• Like 1

Update: just changed into Supersonic Boots~ full grinding gearrrrrr

Hell yeah! Finally got 1 on Ryu the Sorc!

( this is all in good fun. I offer no hate against Ryu the Sorc. 💖 )

1.jpg

Edited by poepey

Update: to all players with lowend RAM that still experience lags here and there, you might wanna check this out if you havent yet: https://www.razer.com/cortex

basically, Razer Cortex closes most applications that maybe slowing down your computer to free up some memory space. ex. if you have VLC open and you manually boost your PC performance or open a game that's in the list of cortex, it will automatically close your VLC and open it back when you turn off the boost/game. You may use this for your other games as well.

It works for me. removes like 30-40% of lag which is a very big deal if you're gunning for the top hunter's spot. But I cannot promise that it will also work for you. And I cannot promise that this is not a scam designed to steal your mom's credit card number (disclaimer: just a joke plz dont sue me)

posting here again to put this on front for those who havent seen this yet and askin me in-game for event tips~

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, arabelle said:

nice guide!

can i ask where to find elemental sword? it said cobalt mineral but i can't access the guild dungeon 😔

I think the only ones who can access this dungeon is the members of a guild that owns a castle

Sonata why don't you post your items just like I did with my sinx guide? or you don't want competition?

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, PattyAnn said:

Sonata why don't you post your items just like I did with my sinx guide? or you don't want competition?

If you really read the thread, you wouldn't have been asking this.

Edited by Seamless
  • Haha 6

Sorry for having broken and messy tips thread. I have updated the first page to not confuse anyone else 😅

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PattyAnn said:

Virus set

Elemental sword 2 sidewinder with f bapho

1 merc or 2 if ur rich doesn't make any difference with 2 gazeti or 1 gazeti and 1 fortuna

twilight boots or Sleip with f eddga 

any manteau with kasa 

any armour 

Good luck 

On 4/30/2020 at 10:16 PM, PattyAnn said:

whenever i read this i feel irritated lol. CAN YOU READ FIRST? ITS THERE ITS THERE lol. It seems like you are just jealous on the thread starter lol. You want to start drama lol. Anyway are you the same with magic ann in game? lol just in case do you remember me lol im the one 2 or 3 days ago who ask about SIMPLE question on @request lol and you told me "Dont ask simple question in @request" lol remember? WELL Sorry for asking SIMPLE NOOB question its not like i know everything lol.

• Haha 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.