What did you think about the Christmas Event?! We would love for you to share your experience with the world via a Ratemyserver review. It would mean a lot to us!

GM Snow

Illustration Design Contest [Closed]

Untitled-1.jpg

"... yes you heard it right!"

It's been quite a long time since our last forum event! So, in the spirit of our seasonal Christmas event, we will start one, shall we?

The developers have released quite a few custom sprites such as headgears and monsters; this includes 6 new seasonal cards which will be announced later on in the event. (I know, it’s still a secret. I can tell you only this much right now)

It's the season of giving so its time to give back to our beloved developers and help them design some of these custom monster cards illustrations! (With rewards, of course, yikes. Who would do this for free am I right?)

Anyway, calling all artwork makers, drawers, designers to help us design illustrations for these newly released monsters. If you're what we're looking for, please make sure you read all of the terms and requirements below.

Untitled-1.png

There will be 6 chosen Christmas exclusive monster cards that we will need to add illustrations to, and there will be a prize for whose illustration picked to win for these specific monsters:

1. Ice Queen [Grand Prize]

ice-queen.gif

The winner of this specific monster will earn:

30x 1B Zeny Bags
1x Rare wing of your choice

*(does not include set rares; destiny, legendary, etc.)

2. Madame Chiffon [2nd Prize]

chiffon.gif

30x 1B Zeny Bags
1x [Epic] Christmas gear of your choice

3. Koom [Regular Prize]

koom.gif

30x 1B Zeny Bags
15x Donation Token

4. Ice Ring [Regular Prize]

icering.gif

30x 1B Zeny Bags
15x Donation Token

5. Moonflower Baby [Regular Prize]

moon.gif

30x 1B Zeny Bags
15x Donation Token

6. Gomzinho [Regular Prize]

Phant.gif

30x 1B Zeny Bags
15x Donation Token

Some of you may or may not have seen these monsters already, but they will soon appear throughout the Christmas event, please you can take a look and draw inspirations from them.

Each of you may submit all 6 of your designs, or 2, or 3; it's free for all. If your illustrations were chosen twice, then you will earn the prize 2x of what set above. (it is, however, is limited to 1 attempt design for 1 monster per person)

Submit your design at the dimension of 300x400 px (or double the size); you get the idea. Submit it here starting from the period of this post is up— until 1 January 2020. You will have approximately 1 month time to prepare, around the same period as the Christmas event.

Other than the prizes, of course, the illustration chosen will be featured in the item description of the respective cards!

Cards illustration examples:

Hide contents

image.png.53554c43115effb6d7127ebf3d77c361.pnghQmvOea.pngtZdzpe5.pngnXiIm7G.png

Lastly, the GM team will each cast votes on whichever best/ suitable design, then we will have the winner.

GOOD LUCK TO THOSE WHO WILL JOIN!

Special thanks to:

• Xileria and Horakthy to help put these together,
  • GM Sadie & Haze for being a generous sponsor,
  • GM Miyuki for helping me manage this contest,
  • And the rest of GM team involved.
  • Upvote 2

hmm me and my friend are thinking for doing the artworks
are we allowed to submit multiple submissions for same card ???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, An†ares said:

hmm me and my friend are thinking for doing the artworks
are we allowed to submit multiple submissions for same card ???

No you should only attempt 1 design for 1 card (for 1 person)

16 minutes ago, Xileria said:

would screenshot and some photoshop be fine?

lol honestly it's up to everyone, any method, draw, photoshopped, anything... the limit is your imagination. At the end of the event, GMs will ultimately choose whatever suits and looks best

I have a question tho, about the size.

The size mentioned is 300x400px (or doubled) , will GM teams asking about a more HD quality later? For example like A4 size (or more than 3000px )

If not, then I might aswell just draw it from 300px400px / 600px800px size, thank you 😄

18 minutes ago, camilarunis said:

I have a question tho, about the size.

The size mentioned is 300x400px (or doubled) , will GM teams asking about a more HD quality later? For example like A4 size (or more than 3000px )

If not, then I might aswell just draw it from 300px400px / 600px800px size, thank you 😄

I guess what we meant by that is the ratio of width and height. Because card description wise the size is 300x400 (WxH) so even if it's more than that it has to fit in that ratio resulting it being resized if that makes sense. If you use an A4 size I doubt the picture will retain its proportion after being forced to fit in that ratio unless you turn it into a smart object in photoshop? anyway, I bet you got the idea already

6 hours ago, GM Snow said:

I guess what we meant by that is the ratio of width and height. Because card description wise the size is 300x400 (WxH) so even if it's more than that it has to fit in that ratio resulting it being resized if that makes sense. If you use an A4 size I doubt the picture will retain its proportion after being forced to fit in that ratio unless you turn it into a smart object in photoshop? anyway, I bet you got the idea already

Ohh alright I understand xD thank you so much 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dicaearchus said:

screen-Dreamer-RO188.jpg

my pro paint skillzs

you can have my vote, too bad i am not one of the judges. Such a great masterpiece.

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, emile said:

It needs to be a digital design or does a drawing work?

If you draw it by hand you need to find a way to scan it and turn it into a jpeg, with good quality and colors of course 

On 12/9/2020 at 2:25 PM, Dicaearchus said:

screen-Dreamer-RO188.jpg

my pro paint skillzs

i wish u actually win ❤️

it'll be soo funny to watch this in the game

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/9/2020 at 9:55 AM, Dicaearchus said:

screen-Dreamer-RO188.jpg

my pro paint skillzs

It would have been a perfect illustration design if it wasn't for the small boobs. I approve but you should do something about that small rack. It's 9 out of 10

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Imminent said:

It would have been a perfect illustration design if it wasn't for the small boobs. I approve but you should do something about that small rack. It's 9 out of 10

Noted

Just a friendly reminder to all participants, you have about 18 days left (from the time of my post) for submission! Contest ends at and any submission after 1st of January 2021 won't be accepted. All the best 💖

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 9:29 AM, camilarunis said:

My submission of Moonflower Baby card illustration :

vU3Zwto.jpg

Gonna post the rest later X"D 

Holy FV*K Damn SO SEXYYYY

On 12/15/2020 at 9:29 AM, camilarunis said:

My submission of Moonflower Baby card illustration :

vU3Zwto.jpg

Gonna post the rest later X"D 

pack up guys, she wins,

time to delete MS paint HAHAHA