SniffySift

A Reason to go BG(Battle Grounds) Suggestions

First of all no flame wars or sarcasm or any drama I want this Topic's post as clean as possible, Thank you.

I'll start from what BG can give you as a reward after every lose of each match you can get 20 B. Badges(Bravery Badge/War badge) then for every win after each match you can get 25-30 B. Badges(correct me if I'm wrong). Currently you need a minimum 60-75 matches to get a specific glorious weapon and a minimum 160-250 matches to get a donation item. Another concern is Hero Exp Scroll which need a minimum 100-125 matches.

There is currently no available enchanting materials or for item creation like Temporal Boots, Maiden Cards and WKC/KKC(White Knight Card/Khalitzburg Knight Card) in BG Shops.

IMO I think it is pretty obvious that they rather choose farming it on instances rather than joining BG because they have what they need on pvm than in pvp.

IHMO I think we should start putting items like coagulated spells, contaminated spells, temporal crystal, blank cards, S/A/B/C grade class coin bag in BG shops for like 500-1000 B. Badges.

Any better suggestion than mine?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Adding enchantment materials in battleground can definitely attracts more people to join it, no matter newbie or veterans. Enchantment materials = Consumables. 
To get a good enchant, one must spend a few thousands of them. Therefore people will have to join bg, enchant, join bg, enchant and repeat the cycle again.
But once a person used to join bg as a habit, the person will improve his pvp skill indirectly at the same time. Then he/she might start to join Hero Arena as his/her next challenge.

Therefore, it is a win-win situation.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SniffySift said:

IHMO I think we should start putting items like coagulated spells, contaminated spells, temporal crystal, blank cards, S/A/B/C grade class coin bag in BG shops for like 500-1000 B. Badges.

this would even get me into bg, and I have been full pvm for over 10 years lol

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Malaphar said:

it is?

I would love to hear why you consider "it is not fun" so that maybe we can try to tackle that instead. Fun is the core reason why players would want to BG. Rewards should be secondary.

39 minutes ago, HaZe said:

I would love to hear why you consider "it is not fun" so that maybe we can try to tackle that instead. Fun is the core reason why players would want to BG. Rewards should be secondary.

each have their own version of fun, for me it is more fun to tackle instances, mvp and such so I can aid other players as they are starting up. another aspect that has been an obstacle here is the use of macro in pvp, it takes too much out of the thrill of swapping, planning, and setting up your battle bar. over all I left pvp behind 10 years ago because I am not one that has fun going after players. basically the "because its fun" aspect is a relative statement based on ones own persona interests. I can appreciate BG and the people that follow it and that is why I am here giving my opinions on it with the interest of them 🙂

• Like 1

The BG feature still the same since the first day that Dreamer Ro born... kill players, kill players, kill players more than 4 years already... It's really nothing new... 
The reason that battlegrounds introduced to Ragnarok Online that is because the original PvP arena itself it's just too boring.
It's really boring already. 

House of Trials is really something fun, even I'm gonna rate that fun rate as 10/10. 
But fun things won't last long, that's why there are always new item or new quest are being invented in this game.
Don't you think it's time to update the battleground feature?

Perhaps you think that the new balance patch is something new to battleground?
From my point of view, adding the new balance patch didn't make the battleground fun. Still the same, kill, kill, kill, and kill. Then win or lose.

Only two kinds of players will join battleground, players that purely like PvP, players that need the rewards from battleground. If the battleground satisfied these 2 criteria, battleground will run for 24 hours a day. Currently the rewards from battleground are no longer attract veterans, consumables like blank cards could be the main key of attraction. Therefore, adding blank card as part of the reward in battleground is a trend now. 

Blank cards are consumable enchantment materials, one must spend thousand of them in order to have slightly higher chance to get an ideal enchantment.
Once people start for enchantment, they will just need more blank cards then kept joining bg with no choice. It's a cycle.

Also, the current Artifact of Trial is not stackable, what if in the future that GM team invented a new item 'Universe of Artifact' which is enchantable using blank cards too and stackable with Artifact of Trial? Then the blank cards will have eternal consumption. BG will stay forever alive due to this demand.

In conclusion, battleground needs new reward or making it more fun to be the reason of joining it. 

• Like 1

the reward system is one aspect, but taking from another post with similar interests, maybe a king of the hill aspect. King of the hill would be a weekly, daily or "x timeframe" top participant based on a given point system. That player would earn a title for a given time frame as well as be a "target" that would be account based and other players would get a "bonus" for killing .... I know I am a pvm player but I am attempting to help brain storm ideas to give incentives to enjoy the killing aspect of BG

another idea to play around with is a monthly pvp tournament, which live broadcasted pvp tournament could also boost server recognition, that requires pvp and or BG participation to qualify for

Edited by Malaphar
  • Like 1

I still think killing and pvp is fun, not so much on instances and mvp, its like fighting a dull opponent computed with huge damage. Being in a fight with another human being with a real brain behind it makes it fun!!

Preference, really. 

The thrill of looking at your peers trying to aid you in battle against another human being. Ah. I can’t explain; the anger, the satisfaction, the comradeship of it all. For me it’s not even about the reward or badges, it’s about participation, immersing in this little chaotic skirmish of endless dying and respawning, why not. 

Edited by Latte

Yeah, it WAS fun. I've been joining bg since the day I met bellyache from Bonez guild until the last year. 
Anyway, thank you Haze and the Admin adding the War badges amount in bg. I'm grateful that this post got some respond.

I've said what I wanted to say. BG currently has nothing new, not the features nor the rewards(slightly increased amount xD)

Well, I'm really impressed by those who have been playing this RO more than 5 years and still like to be active in bg. Sorry, but I can't play a same kind of toy more than 5 years. 

The current bg is very active, but if you observe carefully, most of them are from the same guild and some of them are in-game support players. I don't see new players in bg anymore. Well, of course, if GM team considered this as an 'ACTIVE' bg, then I have nothing to say. 

Long Live BG! Woohoo~

17 minutes ago, Wallace said:

met bellyache

Lol thats my old sorc, nice to meet you again. 

I like Bonez and you that the time we always play @pvpmode in Jawaii. LOL. But in the end, I just choose to be a solo player as I realized if I continue to join 
those woe or pvp related stuff will just toxify myself. I don't know why were there so many people against Bonez =_=.

At the beginning, when PvP is new to me, I really love to joinbg. But as time flies, I don't really feel to play bg again as it has really nothing new. Perhaps some new costume headgears are available or temporary available in bg. Or any new feature being implemented.

22 hours ago, terrence said:

New Map maybe with MVP inside? 1st team to kill win

yeah, it's called Bossnia.

On 1/13/2022 at 5:34 PM, Wallace said:

I like Bonez and you that the time we always play @pvpmode in Jawaii. LOL. But in the end, I just choose to be a solo player as I realized if I continue to join 
those woe or pvp related stuff will just toxify myself. I don't know why were there so many people against Bonez =_=.

At the beginning, when PvP is new to me, I really love to joinbg. But as time flies, I don't really feel to play bg again as it has really nothing new. Perhaps some new costume headgears are available or temporary available in bg. Or any new feature being implemented.

Lord Bones. It was fun PVP.. 

10 minutes ago, Hyacinth said:

Now its Just Toxic dnt feel like playing. Now people dnt play to win, play to Farm Kills for there eweapon

so how would you alter BG to make it a better experience

21 minutes ago, Malaphar said:

so how would you alter BG to make it a better experience

How about we Redly Muted for 20 minutes every Bad Manners and Misbehavior of player/s where abuse/s can lead to temporary ban for 2 days(this should be Gepard Temporary Ban).

What I see on the past months on BG it started on Flame Wars or just a little Sarcasm where player/s are shockingly insecure and easy to get angry then it leads to trash talking scene and some are just playing it clean and delusional where they think they're doing is right and fun but also they don't like it when it fired back.

• Haha 1

What we need is to encourage new players to play BG wit low level gears

My Suggestion - split BG into 2 parts

1 -[Elite Hero Only]

2- Hero and Non hero

I think this will encourage new players a lot with same stat point and no upper and for E weapon & other Elite hero benefits

Or Ban E Weapon and other benefits for Elite Hero which gives upper hand to elite players so they can be equal.

IDK - But suggestions welcome,.

1 hour ago, terrence said:

Well thats not new

😂. the point is it already exists

How is BG toxic? I’ve been playing all the times no one even talked

On 1/14/2022 at 11:05 PM, Hyacinth said:

2- Hero and Non hero

I can do very well even without being elite I believe what separate vets and newbs is knowledge, and their fingers lol

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Latte said:

I can do very well even without being elite I believe what separate vets and newbs is knowledge, and their fingers lol

I believe macro too😂