Instance Walkthrough (Malangdo Culvert)
Cooldown: 1 hour
Skills: 3rd Job skills allowed
Consumables: Ygg/Mastella Allowed
Requirement: Seagod's Protection
At least Hero Status
1. Buy Seagod's Protection on Special Vending Machine using silvervine fruits (obtainable through Battlegrounds)
- 23 hours expiration = 4 Silvervine Fruits
- 7 days expiration = 12 Silvervine Fruits
- 15 days expiration = 24 Silvervine Fruits
2. The party leader must talk to Missing, the Cleaner. Select Agraham Insulted Me to reserve the instance
3. Talk to Albo, and take both the Daily and Weekly quests for the normal or hard culvert (as appropriate). If you have expired quests, talk to Madeca next to Albo to remove them first.
4. The party leader must talk to Missing, the Cleaner inside the culvert.
- To do the Easy culvert mode, choose the option "I'm pretty good at delivering bread".
- To do the Hard culvert mode, choose the second option "I know how to fight". Hard Mode requires that all party members be level 140 or higher. If you choose the hard option, walk through the door on the east wall.
5. It is recommended at this point that you clear out the hydras.
6. Party leader must talk to Missing again and choose to start cleaning.
7. Several seconds later, an announcement will tell players that a drain has opened. Run around the room and quickly find the active drain. It will be surrounded by aggressive fish monsters, and at the center of the drain, there is an npc to "talk" to. Kill the monsters as quickly as possible.
- The monsters spam water ball and full divestment, and in hard mode, evil land as well. They are Fish race, Water element, Boss protocol and have over 1m HP (more in hard mode)
8. One player must talk to the drain. This will start a cast bar (visible only to that player) which takes 5 seconds to complete. If you are hit during this time, it will be interrupted. You must complete talking to the drain within a short time of the drain opening - it is often not possible to finish killing the monsters. If you fail to talk to the drain in time, a "Contaminated Stem" will spawn. You will fail and must start over (party leader talks to missing) if a sixth contaminated seaweed spawns.
9. This process repeats some number of times (seems like around 8-10 - more with hard mode) In hard mode, the timers are even shorter, and there may be multiple drains open at once. Successfully clean 6 times in hard mode to spawn the boss.
10. Missing will tell you that you did a good job of cleaning, and then a Coelacanth will spawn.
- In Easy mode, this will be either an Odd or Glommy Coelacanth.
- In Hard mode, this will be either a Violent/Cruel or Mutant Coelacanth.
11. When you kill the Coelacanth, it will explode like a dead-fish pinata - all drops have pretty high rate. Additional prizes will be scattered around the room.
12. Exit through the door on the right (easy mode) or left (hard mode) of the room.
13. Talk to Madeca (beside Albo) to get your quest awards.