Allow me to add more ideas to the mix.
An announcement should be announced that a phase 2 farming event would either be team based or solo based 10 minutes or maybe 5 before it starts. If it is announced as solo based, top 3 players are awarded. If it is team based, players should be sorted between 2 or 4 team. I'd say based on our current population 2 to 5 is cool. The award is lower than what you'd get from doing solo farming but hey, team work is team work and you could be paired with the best farmers in the game.
(Or you know, try the team based without the solo mode in a phase and see how it goes.)
How do people get paired?
1. Just like the CoD system. Players could click a teaming NPC in the map. Random of course.
2. Or all players in the map are automatically teamed. Whichever could be easier to code and is more balanced. (I think it is this one. Players divided equally.)
1. Team work.
2. Get teamed up with the best farmers. Ez leech.
3. More players get rewarded since there is a team based mode.
4. Might encourage more players to farm
5. When teamed up with people they like, might work harder.
6. Best farmers could also be awarded the same as it was in solo mode so, still good.
1. People can just afk (just move every 5 minutes or so. So I'd suggest lowering it to 3 mins.) and leech.
2. Might just afk because they cant carry.
3. Team issues.
4. Lower rewards.
5. Unfair teaming.
6. Too much coins deployed.
While the system teaming may be random, we cant be 100% sure it will be balanced. Although random people will still qq.
Its a cool idea. I like it.