Sign in to follow this  
Feurille

What book would you reccommend and why?

It's a great thing we all learned to read, because reading is such a pleasure. And books are these thick layers of greatness confined in papers. They bring you emotions and let your mind wander to eras or worlds of the past or of the unknown. Have you encountered a book that has left a significant impact on you? (Phsyically getting hit and getting marked one does not count sorry lol.)

Mine would be:

1. A monster calls by Patrick Ness. It deals with grief and our own humanity. It is a short book but it was able to deliver the subject it had. 

2. The hunger games. Its one of my first books. And it was great. It has left a mark on me. The world building, its unpredictability and the mortality of everyone made it feel more humane. 

Ready Player One and Flip it.

Ready Player One: it kind shows humanity at its worst and at its best as well.. also video games

Flip It: a mindset book that helped me in life and also helped me on everything that came my way.

Edited by maryjane0822
  • Thanks 1

Kovac and Liska: Dust to Dust by Tami Hoag - simple and food for thought on civil service morality

Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima - quaint fantasy novel with a nice storyline

opinion: don't include explicit romance in a non-romance-centric storyline; keep it very very subtle and/or leave it to the imagination of the readers (works better imho)

Totally forgot: Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky

Edited by Artemia
  • Thanks 1

The Bible, New Testament: The New Testament is the second part of the Christian biblical canon, the first being the Old Testament. The New Testament discusses the teachings and person of Jesus, as well as events in first-century Christianity. Christians regard both the Old and New Testaments together as sacred scripture.

• Haha 3

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, its by far the most interesting fiction book and happened to be the one book that got me into psych-thriller genre which im obsessed about. the plot is complicated and plot twist is unreal!

Edited by Latte
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Artemia said:

Kovac and Liska: Dust to Dust by Tami Hoag - simple and food for thought on civil service morality

Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima - quaint fantasy novel with a nice storyline

opinion: don't include explicit romance in a non-romance-centric storyline; keep it very very subtle and/or leave it to the imagination of the readers (works better imho)

Oooh. I have flamecaster. Just haven't read it. Might get on it sooner thanks to you!

27 minutes ago, Latte said:

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, its by far the most interesting fiction book and happened to be the one book that got me into psych-thriller genre which im obsessed about. the plot is complicated and plot twist is unreal!

That is so true. Gone girl is a gem.