Xadsyath

PvP Balancing Discussion

4 hours ago, Imminent said:

So yesterday, auto sb headgears finally got a nerf but it was overkill I think. What does everyone think about it? Personally i'd say that auto sb headgears that gives demi human reduction should have only level 10 auto sonic blow and the rest that don't give reduction should remain as it was for obvious reasons. Instances farmers are heavily affected by this since they're relying so hard on it. I get it, no one should be able to solo it easily but the gears needed for the instances are expensive and not easily obtained. I suggest that we should have the level 70 sonic blow on auto sb gears that give no reduction since they're easily killed in PvP but is very helpful in PvE.

Yes please some players like me are only using punk beanie for BB farming so i  hope the nerfs coming from auto sb will not take effect outside pvp.

14 hours ago, Xadsyath said:

WKC & KKC  (tested: need more information, need volunteer with 4 WKC)

this WKc alone is OP

i dont really know why someone said "its not good in PvP" probably he really dont know nothing about this card or just want it for himself only

im not sure but i guess most people dont know that this card gives additional +150atk instead of +15atk said in the description, too many items/cards here are fuked up in description/effect who knows what else is OP

the card made existence almost 2yrs ago but the description/effect still not fixed?

i guess these guys who know about it a long time ago doesnt intend to report about it cos they want it for themselves only

so you guys tell me now

is this card really easy to let go? or just playin dumb games?

iGN: Son O Gong

thank me later

1 hour ago, MagpaAKamaN said:

this WKc alone is OP

i dont really know why someone said "its not good in PvP" probably he really dont know nothing about this card or just want it for himself only

im not sure but i guess most people dont know that this card gives additional +150atk instead of +15atk said in the description, too many items/cards here are fuked up in description/effect who knows what else is OP

the card made existence almost 2yrs ago but the description/effect still not fixed?

i guess these guys who know about it a long time ago doesnt intend to report about it cos they want it for themselves only

so you guys tell me now

thank me later

150 attack is fine given as it only contributes to small percentage to total attack given high attack every melee class is having, despite the need of having the description fixed. 

The mid size resistance is also fine I've made some calculations, replacing thara with KKC actually increases the damage taken, so basically using the KKC WKC combo actually allows the users to deal higher damage at the cost of taking higher damage. 

But the problem this:

- if the WKCs are stackable, which I believe it is, just like how Dark Illusion cards are stackable by wearing just one Dark Lord card, it will be OP. OP as fuck. Giving you VERY high damage with VERY good damage resistance as WKC gives mid size resistance as well. 

So I need selfless people with 4 WKCs to volunteer and test with me, credit will be given. 

Edited by Xadsyath

this WKc alone is OP

so you guys tell me now

thank me later

Additional note:

Even if it's not stackable it's very good for PvP for all the melee classes especially those who can afford to take higher damage like RK GX Sura. Or classes that don't care about damage taken because they are paper anyway like GS. 

3 minutes ago, Xadsyath said:

150 attack is fine given as it only contributes to small percentage to total attack given high attack every melee class is having, despite the need of having the description fixed. 

The mid size resistance is also fine I've made some calculations, replacing thara with KKC actually increases the damage taken, so basically using the KKC WKC combo actually allows the users to deal higher damage at the cost of taking higher damage. 

But the problem this:

- if the WKCs are stackable, which I believe it is, just like how Dark Illusion cards are stackable by wearing just one Dark Lord card, it will be OP. OP as fuck. Giving you VERY high damage with VERY good damage resistance (higher than wearing thara) as WKC gives mid size resistance as well. 

So I need selfless people with 4 WKCs to volunteer and test with me, credit will be given. 

54 minutes ago, Xadsyath said:

But the problem this:

- if the WKCs are stackable, which I believe it is, just like how Dark Illusion cards are stackable by wearing just one Dark Lord card, it will be OP. OP as fuck. Giving you VERY high damage with VERY good damage resistance as WKC gives mid size resistance as well. 

150atk is small? tell that to the already OP skill 1300%ATK, Blind Chance 20% Full Buster.. not to mention the worst skill who can access this OP card 1200%ATK Arrow Vulcan much spammable

i already tested it myself with standard gear Asprika 30% + 65% reduce demi and + 10% Combat Knife [most eweapon hav demi resist highest is 10]

also i think this is the best weapon cards for the range skills that benefits from atk 3WK [60%+450atk] + 1Tyrant [18% long range + chance lex] and KK for additional [15%]

i can test it with you

Edited by MagpaAKamaN

25 minutes ago, MagpaAKamaN said:

150atk is small? tell that to the already OP skill 1300%ATK, Blind Chance 20% Full Buster.. not to mention the worst skill who can access this OP card 1200%ATK Arrow Vulcan much spammable

i already tested it myself with standard gear Asprika 30% + 65% reduce demi and + 10% Combat Knife [most eweapon hav demi resist highest is 10]

also i think this is the best weapon cards for the range skills that benefits from atk 3WK [60%+450atk] + 1Tyrant [18% long range + chance lex] and KK for additional [15%]

i can test it with you

Absolute amount shouldn't be mixed with percentage. 

Anyway the card description itself is weird, WKC is giving 20% to mid size, me + 15% if you combo with KKC. So total is 35% each card. If they are stackable like DL DI it will be 240% if you are wearing 4. For comparison purpose 2 Hydra 2 TG is 196%. 

Please look for me 2 days later at 18, we shall test the stackability and resist. Still not in town haha

5 minutes ago, Xadsyath said:

Absolute amount shouldn't be mixed with percentage. 

Anyway the card description itself is weird, WKC is giving 20% to mid size, me + 15% if you combo with KKC. So total is 35% each card. If they are stackable like DL DI it will be 240% if you are wearing 4. For comparison purpose 2 Hydra 2 TG is 196%.  

Please look for me 2 days later at 18, we shall test the stackability and resist. Still not in town haha

they're not stackable I tried a long time ago

i want to add this shit item also

all Temporal Boots of any STAT

if base STAT at least 350: <- shit

[insert effect]

the best thing about this shit is you dont need the 350 STAT to have the effect

another example of misleading description/effect

i asked this a long time ago turns out it still the same description

Freezer card

MaxHP +60,000  original effect? +30,000

i can also tell this about the now nerfed autoSB hat

lvl7 turns out to be lvl70 LOL

(they now changed the effect but still the description remains which will lead to what?)

and now WKcard

+15atk turns out to be +150atk

thats +135atk a lot of people missing cos of the description shit

now lets see if this card still sell cheap

maybe i can now see WKc announced

things only get fixed here if someone brings it up and people start talkin/complain about it

Edited by MagpaAKamaN

2 hours ago, Xadsyath said:

ANOTHA ONE

dont you think there should be no taking much dmg?

Thara 30% demi resist

WK 5% medium resist + KK 25% medium resist

since demi/player size = medium?

1 hour ago, InvisibleMan said:

they're not stackable I tried a long time ago

Noted but I still need to try. On both damage and Nerf. 

53 minutes ago, MagpaAKamaN said:

Temporal Boots of any STAT

if base STAT at least 350: <- shit

[insert effect]

the best thing about this shit is you dont need the 350 STAT to have the effect

Any of the stats brings significant imbalance to PvP? Because I can't be testing everything with wrong description those should be proposed and fixed by general public. Ain't no time for that hahahah. 

30 minutes ago, MagpaAKamaN said:

ANOTHA ONE

dont you think there should be no taking much dmg?

Thara 30% demi resist

WK 5% medium resist + KK 25% medium resist

since demi/player size = medium?

No it doesn't work this way. 

Since I'm free now I'll give free tuition which was only provided to my guildies. 

Let's say 100k damage.

If you are wearing 65% demi human resist you will get 35k damage

If you are wearing Marsh + KKCWKC you will have 35% demi and 30% medium. 

So 100k hit demi you will have 65k, 65k on 30% medium reduction you will have 45.5k. 

So wearing thara will actually gives you 10.5k reduction which also means 25% more damage reduction. 

Go ahead and try. 

But in summary, damage reduction is the more it stacks it is better. For damage increment the less it stacks it is better. 

I have a damage calculator Excel for all the META damages which you can key in and calculate your defense. 

Selling it for 200b HAHAHHAHAHAHA

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Xadsyath said:

Any of the stats brings significant imbalance to PvP? Because I can't be testing everything with wrong description those should be proposed and fixed by general public. Ain't no time for that hahahah. 

No it doesn't work this way. 

Since I'm free now I'll give free tuition which was only provided to my guildies. 

Let's say 100k damage.

If you are wearing 65% demi human resist you will get 35k damage

If you are wearing Marsh + KKCWKC you will have 35% demi and 30% medium. 

So 100k hit demi you will have 65k, 65k on 30% medium reduction you will have 45.5k. 

So wearing thara will actually gives you 10.5k reduction which also means 25% more damage reduction. 

Go ahead and try. 

But in summary, damage reduction is the more it stacks it is better. For damage increment the less it stacks it is better. 

I have a damage calculator Excel for all the META damages which you can key in and calculate your defense. 

Selling it for 200b HAHAHHAHAHAHA

thanks for the free info

also sorry for bein noob XD

last thing i say about WKcard is this

i guess that +150atk is too much it almost/probably ignore this "for damage increment the less it stacks it is better"

i did not try this yet but i think this much better weapon cards than what i mentioned earlier above

4WKc on weapon

DFACEWORM [ATK+200, MATK+200 if combined with FWc, small chance to cast lex aeterna when dealing dmg] + FACEWORM [MaxHP+50k if combined with DFWc, MaxHP+25k] on accessory combo

again this is only for range skill that benefits on atk i dont know abt others

like Echidna card for example <- this Maiden card is so much harder to make than WKc/KKc in my opinion, but i see some people vend this card like it was made easy idk anymore XD

25% dmg to boss, atk+50 only, +5% dmg to phantoms HHH

Edited by MagpaAKamaN

Aye man can we do something to make Ninja usable again? like i see HaZe tweaking with Huuma but im dealing shit magic damage to people who arnt even fully nerfing me.

The boots seem fine for me even if the bonus is given without the stats, EXCEPT the LUK one. 

Was anyone consulted before implementing this? 40% to critical damage did they know how would it affect SS lol. No wonder people QQ about SS

1 hour ago, K e i l o said:

Aye man can we do something to make Ninja usable again? like i see HaZe tweaking with Huuma but im dealing shit magic damage to people who arnt even fully nerfing me.

Since old time I've always opined that there are just classes that are not supposed to be on mainstream in PvP.

Some may disagree. These special classes that advanced from novice, like SN GS Ninja TK, were not made by Ragnarok to be on par with 3rd classes because they lack versability when it comes to skills and gears available. 

If it's still too vague to understand, put it this way by simple logic: how can we expect a novice>ninja to be as good as novice>swordman>knight>h.novice>h.swordman>L.knight>R.knight?

Some of these classes are fun to play with special purpose sometimes I agree (e.g. ninja crowd control via jump and fire formation and status or GS to long range disarm) but I won't be focusing on helping those classes.

Because any attempt to do so will make the class a ridiculous one sided class. E.g. look at GS and TK now (shall observe TK after recent Nerf)

23 minutes ago, Xadsyath said:

The boots seem fine for me even if the bonus is given without the stats, EXCEPT the LUK one. 

Was anyone consulted before implementing this? 40% to critical damage did they know how would it affect SS lol. No wonder people QQ about SS

it was based on the original effect.

MHP +300, MSP +30.
For every 3 refine level, MHP +100, MSP +10, Critical Damage +2%.
If the user's Base LUK is more than 120, Critical Damage +30%.

In fact it was nerfed a bit in terms of Critical damage bonus. We consider putting it class specific restriction but then it won't make sense unless we do the same on other boots that's why the idea was dumped. IMHO, Crit bonuses are fine until we talked about SS skill, which in my opinion is the one that might need proper modification.

Pyuriel card is another thing to consider and might need a proper fix.

• Critical Attack Damage + 30%.
  • Increases damage received from all races by 10%.

Right now this card do not make player receive extra damage from players, enabling rangers to stack it without much thought.

6 minutes ago, Xileria said:

it was based on the original effect.

MHP +300, MSP +30.
For every 3 refine level, MHP +100, MSP +10, Critical Damage +2%.
If the user's Base LUK is more than 120, Critical Damage +30%.

In fact it was nerfed a bit in terms of Critical damage bonus. We consider putting it class specific restriction but then it won't make sense unless we do the same on other boots that's why the idea was dumped. IMHO, Crit bonuses are fine until we talked about SS skill, which in my opinion is the one that might need proper modification.

Pyuriel card is another thing to consider and might need a proper fix.

• Critical Attack Damage + 30%.
  • Increases damage received from all races by 10%.

Right now this card do not make player receive extra damage from players, enabling rangers to stack it without much thought.

I see but let me test snipers before coming out with final comment. 

I also found out that for recent years we had come out with so many items that boosted single skill which made a single skill overpowered. We then nerf the skills to the point where they no longer do reasonable output without the items. 

E.g. a proper grimtooth sinx would have to use all the range gears like and grimtooth gems, so if we nerf grimtooth it would make the skill not usable for sinx who use grimtooth as a sub skill, but if we don't then we would be promoting a single skill grimtooth sinx instead of the sinx with high versability like old time. 

Haven't found a solution to this yet. 

4 minutes ago, Xadsyath said:

I see but let me test snipers before coming out with final comment. 

I also found out that for recent years we had come out with so many items that boosted single skill which made a single skill overpowered. We then nerf the skills to the point where they no longer do reasonable output without the items. 

E.g. a proper grimtooth sinx would have to use all the range gears like and grimtooth gems, so if we nerf grimtooth it would make the skill not usable for sinx who use grimtooth as a sub skill, but if we don't then we would be promoting a single skill grimtooth sinx instead of the sinx with high versability like old time. 

I would also like to suggest, that we shouldnt focus on damage as sole basis for nerfing, lowering SS damage down will just make it into another DS, from what ive heard some vets still prefer DS because of its longer range but decent damage output, soo maybe if you want to balance SS you can opt to lower its cast range or change the way its splash works? That way it can keep its uniqueness as a skill and not turn into just a short ranged version of DS.

36 minutes ago, Xadsyath said:

Since old time I've always opined that there are just classes that are not supposed to be on mainstream in PvP.

Some may disagree. These special classes that advanced from novice, like SN GS Ninja TK, were not made by Ragnarok to be on par with 3rd classes because they lack versability when it comes to skills and gears available. 

If it's still too vague to understand, put it this way by simple logic: how can we expect a novice>ninja to be as good as novice>swordman>knight>h.novice>h.swordman>L.knight>R.knight?

Some of these classes are fun to play with special purpose sometimes I agree (e.g. ninja crowd control via jump and fire formation and status or GS to long range disarm) but I won't be focusing on helping those classes.

Because any attempt to do so will make the class a ridiculous one sided class. E.g. look at GS and TK now (shall observe TK after recent Nerf)

I thought that 80% of this servers pvp focus on 2nds so Ninja is still viable, Ninja doesnt need to be mainstream, it just has to work. GS has OP fullbuster when combined with cancerous  SG headgear is a nasty combo. TKs are tanks in BG that (rip...) used to be able to use auto SB headgears to kill their opponents. Ninjas cant do anything... their physical side is practically non-existent (may be better with this tweak Haze is adding) and the magic side is a joke. And to make matters worst, Ninjas "Second Jobs (Oboro & Kagerou)" are disabled from 2nds pvp. (if im wrong let me know). 

Why cant every class be balanced instead of killing a class in order to portray the illusion of balance.

3 hours ago, MagpaAKamaN said:

another example of misleading description/effect

i asked this a long time ago turns out it still the same description

Freezer card

MaxHP +60,000  original effect? +30,000

well this is kinda out of topic but let me borrow the thread to address this.

Some minor stats in the server have multiplier and it was in fact pointed out few times before. In fact it was nothing new, Yoyo card is supposed to only have 5 PD but PD bonus from cards are doubled in our server, this is nothing different with raw HP bonuses having 2x their original value, in fact some of it are already updated but new ones tends to be forgotten. If I recall correctly the multipler for atk bonus in our server is x10. which is why skel worker card for example has +50 atk bonus instead of +5.

These description were updated back in pre renewal but was reversed due to renewal update and updating so many of them is very difficult unless players contribute themselves, by pointing it out at the report section.

This is exactly the reason why we have reporting section for misleading descriptions which gets updated everytime descriptions are patched.
Anyway was already talking to the team and the atk bonus might be reduce to only +50 for WKC. Just waiting for confirmation.

True, in fact one thing limiting us from further bringing any additional updates such as new instances is because their drops usually boost specific skills or will at least heavily impact the PVP in game, such as items in jitterbug of nightmare. Jitterbug nightmare was supposed to be added months ago but it was never put into implementation because of the new items it has.

Example:

Pendant of Chaos.
INT -5
ATK +6%
Shadow element resistance +5%.
Adds immunity against Confuse status.
Adds a chance of inflicting Confuse status on target when dealing physical attacks.
Adds a chance of inflicting Confuse status on 11*11 AoE when wearer receive physical attacks.

Floral Decoration [1] (accessory)
A mic whip used by Aigu. A powerful whip despite of its look.
Reduces SP cost of Moonlight Serenade by 20.

When combined with Aigu's Floral Bracelet:
Increases Arrow Vulcan damage by 200%.
Increases SP cost of Arrow Vulcan by 50.

anyway one solution i suggested before is a simple specific skill reduction gems . Basically a counter gems. Eg. Reduce asura damage received by 10% etc. But then I really have no idea how much impact it would do in PVP so we just set it aside too.

1 hour ago, jnad05 said:

I would also like to suggest, that we shouldnt focus on damage as sole basis for nerfing, lowering SS damage down will just make it into another DS, from what ive heard some vets still prefer DS because of its longer range but decent damage output, soo maybe if you want to balance SS you can opt to lower its cast range or change the way its splash works? That way it can keep its uniqueness as a skill and not turn into just a short ranged version of DS.

If you ask me, SS cast range is fair. Too short will kill the class in PvP. Ranger is a range class after all. But let me test the SS ranger versabily first. IMO SS should be dealing fair damage but not too powerful for rangers to use only one skill. Rangers should be trapping + charge arrow + moving for distance instead of standing at 1 spot spamming one skill. Anyway again, let me test first. 

1 hour ago, K e i l o said:

I thought that 80% of this servers pvp focus on 2nds so Ninja is still viable, Ninja doesnt need to be mainstream, it just has to work. GS has OP fullbuster when combined with cancerous  SG headgear is a nasty combo. TKs are tanks in BG that (rip...) used to be able to use auto SB headgears to kill their opponents. Ninjas cant do anything... their physical side is practically non-existent (may be better with this tweak Haze is adding) and the magic side is a joke. And to make matters worst, Ninjas "Second Jobs (Oboro & Kagerou)" are disabled from 2nds pvp. (if im wrong let me know). 

Why cant every class be balanced instead of killing a class in order to portray the illusion of balance.

I'm not sure how Ninja works nowadays but Ghosts used to have a ninja who were mastered in both magic and physical, with 2 different elite ninjas. Not sure if you had heard of him, Anio. But again I won't be focusing on these classes when we have had so many mainstream classes being unbalanced. 

1 hour ago, Xileria said:

anyway one solution i suggested before is a simple specific skill reduction gems . Basically a counter gems. Eg. Reduce asura damage received by 10% etc. But then I really have no idea how much impact it would do in PVP so we just set it aside too.

We can implement thinga but maybe post in the private PvP discussion page to discuss before implementing. 

And no we can't have a specific counter gem for specific skill. E.g. sinx can wear grimtooth gem 24/7 but we can't switch between anti grim gem anti SS gem anti asura gems all the time. We need buff in current damage reduction gears but I haven't studied on how to do it yet without making them too OP to be abused as reduction gears stack up. 

I'm not sure how Ninja works nowadays but Ghosts used to have a ninja who were mastered in both magic and physical, with 2 different elite ninjas. Not sure if you had heard of him, Anio. But again I won't be focusing on these classes when we have had so many mainstream classes being unbalanced. 

That was years ago, Ninja nowadays don't work. At all. I've seen people delete their fully Elited Ninjas.

8 minutes ago, Xileria said:

well this is kinda out of topic but let me borrow the thread to address this.

Some minor stats in the server have multiplier and it was in fact pointed out few times before. In fact it was nothing new, Yoyo card is supposed to only have 5 PD but PD bonus from cards are doubled in our server, this is nothing different with raw HP bonuses having 2x their original value, in fact some of it are already updated but new ones tends to be forgotten. If I recall correctly the multipler for atk bonus in our server is x10. which is why skel worker card for example has +50 atk bonus instead of +5.

These description were updated back in pre renewal but was reversed due to renewal update and updating so many of them is very difficult unless players contribute themselves, by pointing it out at the report section.

This is exactly the reason why we have reporting section for misleading descriptions which gets updated everytime descriptions are patched.
Anyway was already talking to the team and the atk bonus might be reduce to only +50 for WKC. Just waiting for confirmation.

that thread she created doesnt even exist when i asked her this a long time ago in-game

i only got the reply "the original script says +30k HP" so im just like okay.

i address it here cos this thread started racking up the views which means a lot of people is viewing but not saying anything about it / comment, me hoping that someone might give me the best reason as to why

i dont know if you remember that i just recently asked you ingame about this newbie shield that says in description 35% demi reduction i saw on vend for 100b..

i even asked rad about this first but he told me im crazy to spend 100b on that shield.. turns out im not crazy at all if this truly is the effect

so i used @request to ask about it.. and luckily i got a reply from you, askin more about it.. then boom my 100b is saved

i will ask you this now if i did not ask anyone, what you think will happen? hard earned 100b gone

who is to blame? me? the vendor? it clearly is the misleading shit im talking about

now that newbie shield is nowhere to be found.. i wonder whos 100b got scammed

i even saw this siege equipments that i know nothing even exist cos im not that old to this game to know about it

when i saw the effect is so good for PvP/WoE i ddnt hesitate to buy the most cheap one +6 siege robe for 5b to try and test it.. turns out the effect is literal shit

same with glorious equipment in BG equipment shop RIP war badges.. these items/equips mentioned should be removed ASAP to prevent people get scammed by this description shit

as of writing someone is trying to sell his OLD siege equipments @warp gold_mart 137 115

i hope no one even dare to buy that shit item

good thing people like you and xadsyath exist to address this kind of matters throughly

i know i suck in english but im no dumb XDDD

+8/10 Magnetite Body Armor [1] <MDEF+6> iirc

ive seen someone tryin to sell this armor in caspen last month

i kno its not only me who got to see this RARE armor

but again i will ask this first

is there a way to enchant this armor now? or before?

cos if so maybe some people have this kind of armor with better enchants

like bearpower, fightingspirit10, atk+5%, goddess of justice S etc..

who knows maybe we are so dumb/blind to know that

cotton shirt[1] might have a 2nd hidden slot on it XDDD