HaZe

2nd Class Balancing Patch

I'm just  disappointed I invested some zennies to have good enchant and upgrading it. How bout the Ygnatiz ? I rarely use it coz we need Link to have better damage.

Edited by Catanella

U gonna make all AB crying about that, and i'm the first one because i spent like 400b on that +10 G.Wand

Edited by Tao
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Tao said:

U gonna make all AB crying about that, and i'm the first one because i spent like 400b on that +10 G.Wand

Just think that now everyone else will not have to spend 400b on a BG weapon, and will be able to get the same or better effect for free from the Elite Quest. (Just like most other jobs)

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Seamless said:

Exactly, Most ABs use curewand because of the 5% redux but that should not be the happening. Elite weapon is the End Game weapon, or in easier term, the strongest weapon a job could have. Recently, cure wand overtook that spot from dominance because almost all of the active ABs said that the 5% redux is what made it better. 
Cure wand isn't supposed to be a main weapon, none of the Glorious weapons are supposed to be a main weapon. It's mainly there as a starting weapon for newbies so that they can be stronger in BG even without their elite weapons yet.

You are missing a point. 5% demi-human redux is not enough as lv 4 effect. Gxs even get 8% redux (Ripclaw) as lv 3 effect. Ever since, dispell makes dominance special. So if you really want to add redux effect on the weapon, I'd suggest

+8-9-10% HP  2-3-5% reduce demi-human damage.

O

8 hours ago, DevilReborns said:

I am surely

I am surely deleting my GX and choose a different job. xD. No use of katars in 2nd job pvps.

All is left for SB to get more nerfed. It will be more useless than Genetics. 😛 

I'm sorry but this extreme reaction is unwarranted. I'd ask that you read it again on a different day and with an open mind. Perhaps then, you'd be able to understand why the nerf on elite weapon and boost to the base damage. The update was all about balancing the damage and improving the gap between newbies and elites. 

Publicly stating or perhaps threatening to delete your GX only means to purely solicit for sympathy, of which I find, the in the nicest way possible, pathetic. 

Open-mindedness is what we ask from you all. Eradicate the negativity before you've actually tried the changes. If you wake up in the morning thinking you're gonna have a bad day, surely you WILL have a bad day. :)))  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

I'm sorry but this extreme reaction is unwarranted. I'd ask that you read it again on a different day and with an open mind. Perhaps then, you'd be able to understand why the nerf on elite weapon and boost to the base damage. The update was all about balancing the damage and improving the gap between newbies and elites. 

Publicly stating or perhaps threatening to delete your GX only means to purely solicit for sympathy, of which I find, the in the nicest way possible, pathetic. 

Open-mindedness is what we ask from you all. Eradicate the negativity before you've actually tried the changes. If you wake up in the morning thinking you're gonna have a bad day, surely you WILL have a bad day. :)))  

i guess the moment he saw "Guillotine Cross" and "Reduce damage" he immediately raged without reading the rest. :th_e3: 

• Haha 1

soo gx damage nerfed by howmuch if using lvl 4 ewp from previous patch? 10%

11 minutes ago, baduad said:

soo gx damage nerfed by howmuch if using lvl 4 ewp from previous patch? 10%

Allow me to translate, maybe this serves as translations for other job changes.

1. Decreased the demi-human damage reduction on Ripclaw from 8-9-10% to 6-7-8%  --> This effect was remaining from when katar was 2handed. We gave the class the ability to wear a shield and never went back and nerfed this weapon. I think it's still drastically better than the same effect while being 2handed.

2. Reduced Ripclaw's Grimtooth damage from 40-45-50% to 20-25-30% --> As others mentioned, this was purely to reduce the gap between newbies and vets. The reduction of damage in the elite weapon was made up by the base damage increased mentioned below. 

3. Increased Grimtooth's base damage by 10%.

The 10% higher base damage means any damage multiplier equipment, cards etc will use this 10% more damage and boost it even more. The 20% from elite weapon boosted the base damage by 20%,  just like an Hydra card would. If anything, these changes make the skill do more damage than it was doing before. Except this time its not just elites, but newbies got a boost as well.

TLDR; we removed 2% ddemi human reduction from your 1h katar, and boosted your grimtooth's base damage. You tell me.. was it nerfed?

• Upvote 2

Sup guys,
i find most nerfes here quite fair it seems like more balanced now even lots people complain about it
the people who worked on this done good job in my opinion
i was wondering if there is chance to increase sonic blow damage from Ripclaw since sonic blow is quite weak in general maybe turn also from 20-23-25 to 20-25-30 like grimtooth on ripclaw so its just a difference of 5% on lvl 3 Weapon, just a thought no complain 😄
cheers

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HaZe said:

Allow me to translate, maybe this serves as translations for other job changes.

1. Decreased the demi-human damage reduction on Ripclaw from 8-9-10% to 6-7-8%  --> This effect was remaining from when katar was 2handed. We gave the class the ability to wear a shield and never went back and nerfed this weapon. I think it's still drastically better than the same effect while being 2handed.

2. Reduced Ripclaw's Grimtooth damage from 40-45-50% to 20-25-30% --> As others mentioned, this was purely to reduce the gap between newbies and vets. The reduction of damage in the elite weapon was made up by the base damage increased mentioned below. 

3. Increased Grimtooth's base damage by 10%.

The 20% reduction from elite weapon was made up by this change. The 10% higher base damage means any damage multiplier equipment, cards etc will use this 10% more damage and boost it even more. The 20% from elite weapon boosted the base damage by 20%,  just like an Hydra card would. If anything, this changes make the skill do more damage than it was doing before. Except this time its not just elites, but newbies got a boost as well.

So we removed 2% from your 1h katar, and boosted your grimtooth's base damage. You tell me.. was it nerfed?

thanks for the clarification, im just not good with numbers, i guess everyone that complained need to see this explanation lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, baduad said:

thanks for the clarification, im just not good with numbers, i guess everyone that complained need to see this explanation lol

I understand.. we don't expect every player to know the difference between a base damage increase and a elite weapon damage boost reduction. Its a little too in depth for most to understand I'd say..at least at first glance.

Sadly we can't explain every change like I just did above, as that would make the topic just a huge wall of text and impossible to read and consume it all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaZe said:

I understand.. we don't expect every player to know the difference between a base damage increase and a elite weapon damage boost reduction. Its a little too in depth for most to understand I'd say..at least at first glance.

Sadly we can't explain every change like I just did above, as that would make the topic just a huge wall of text and impossible to read and consume it all.

maybe it would be better just to give the end point number to better explain to players instead of the entire formula, Like how changing cast delay would change the overall % of the DPS of  a certain skill.? example : this change would give an overall X% damage increase in the final calculation of said skill assuming player is using standard weapon card set 2x hydra 2x TGEN .

Edited by Friday05

Spiral Pierce damage, in total, has been nerfed by 9.5%, while Grimtooth has been nerfed by 5%.

You can undelete your GX now.

• Like 1

Very nice update! Thank you for the Team who gave their time and effort for more balanced 2nd job class.

Please check if Dominance Lv 4 effect is already working. 5%  demi-human reduce is not added yet

On 7/22/2020 at 1:12 PM, HaZe said:

Whitesmith
1. Increased mammonite base damage by 50%
2. Hammerfall now has a chance to inflict Stun, Confusion and Curse.
3. Cartboost can now be casted even while inside Dancer's "Don't Forget Me" song
4. Quagmire no longer disabled Cart Boost

1. I haven't tested the before and after the patch damage

2. Hammerfall doesn't apply confusion and curse, I've been using hammerfall for a 1min. and it didn't have a chance to inflict confusion and curse for once, not sure if all status are stackable, but stun status is the only one that effect

3. Haven't tested

4. This one is tricky or it is implemented as intended,

• I use Quagmire on a mechanic without cart boost status and cast cart boost, it didn't buff cart boost.
  • Working, if you already have the cart boost buff and quagmire is casted, it is no longer disabled. BUT if you got dispell while inside quagmire you won't be able to recast the cart boost.
  • The duration doesn't reset, IF you try to re-cast cart boost inside quagmire.
Edited by caze000

4 hours ago, jensen246 said:

Please check if Dominance Lv 4 effect is already working. 5%  demi-human reduce is not added yet

tested this 2-3 hours ago and it's working fine.

On 7/22/2020 at 11:02 PM, Tao said:

Wow you did spent a lot for that G. Wand. But as mentioned by Seamless earlier, Elite weapon should be the end game weapon that one wants to hold. 

R.I.P Dispell AB 😥 you'll be missed. 

Edited by iNeoson

I understand the nerfs in bg/pvp/woe, but the thing I don't like is that it's for instances too, as a solo player is really hard now :C

1 hour ago, kojiroh1 said:

I understand the nerfs in bg/pvp/woe, but the thing I don't like is that it's for instances too, as a solo player is really hard now :C

what class u using for intance? please mention wich 1,so our Dev & Pvp consultan team can look for it

1 hour ago, kojiroh1 said:

I don't see any changes that affects instances this time, please enlighten me.