exscarlet

Server Condition

1 hour ago, exscarlet said:

I know there's a reward for joining bg, but the rewards aren't rewarding enough to encourage ppl to join bg

Win or lose, how BG isn't rewarding enough? Victory Badges, War Badges, Silvervine Fruit, Divinium Ores, among other things. All of those could translate into zeny and better equipment for anyone. Veterans would probably have tons of these and don't know what to use them for. But for new players? It's a place to have a chance of getting better stuff.

What are people waiting for? Perhaps getting BG sets like the Worldbreaker/bringer and the blue wolf thingy set every month? Or perhaps giving players 10b after each BG?

WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT JOINING BG/PVP?

Perhaps it's the mentality? Lose, and they trash talk the enemy player into submission. Win, and they will brag to their enemy's face all day. So, to avoid these stuff from happening? Some people don't go to PvP.

Perhaps it's the drive to win? "If I don't even have a chance to win, then there's no point in PvP."

I would love to to BG or participate in most PVP related stuff (whether I win, lose, or die 99% of the time) if not for the reason that I will tend to lag and I'll just end up being a burden for not moving or just get kicked.

- - - - - - -

1 hour ago, exscarlet said:

SOH during events could be a solution for newbies to encourage them to catch up with the veterans thus make them stay longer in the game

People got spoiled by being able to buy SOH during past few events and are complaining why there's no SOH for the Valentines Event and the ongoing Easter Event. Vets probably convinced new players that SOH is the way to go to getting a proper elite character. I would also love to get an SOH every chance I can during events. But, by putting out an easier alternative to getting an Elite Hero, defeats the purpose of the Hero/Elite Hero Quests. It also has affected the way that SOH is supposed to be acquired.

I'm aware that the road to getting an Elite Hero the normal way is long and tedious, but I believe this will also instill a sense of accomplishment and closeness to their characters for those who complete it for the first time, especially new players. 

- - - - - - -

If you ask me what made me stay for over a year now despite not getting involved with PVP related stuff or end-game PVE content:

• RO was my first online game, and for some reason, I really loved this server.
  • The opportunities for getting betters aesthetics. Lol. I'm probably only after getting more gears to make into costumes and most of my zeny are spent into doing so.
  • I love the social aspect despite not interacting with players as much as possible.
  • And many more thing that are on the top of my head right now. >.<

- - - - - - -

It's just unfortunate that majority of the players are probably looking forward to PvP related stuff, which I cannot blame them either. 

Edited by Kymchi

23 minutes ago, Kymchi said:

Win or lose, how BG isn't rewarding enough? Victory Badges, War Badges, Silvervine Fruit, Divinium Ores, among other things. All of those could translate into zeny and better equipment for anyone. Veterans would probably have tons of these and don't know what to use them for. But for new players? It's a place to have a chance of getting better stuff.

What are people waiting for? Perhaps getting BG sets like the Worldbreaker/bringer and the blue wolf thingy set every month? Or perhaps giving players 10b after each BG?

WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT JOINING BG/PVP?

Perhaps it's the mentality? Lose, and they trash talk the enemy player into submission. Win, and they will brag to their enemy's face all day. So, to avoid these stuff from happening? Some people don't go to PvP.

Perhaps it's the drive to win? "If I don't even have a chance to win, then there's no point in PvP."

I would love to to BG or participate in most PVP related stuff (whether I win, lose, or die 99% of the time) if not for the reason that I will tend to lag and I'll just end up being a burden for not moving or just get kicked.

- - - - - - -

Despite the rewards being rewarding enough or not I think it's a matter of perspective. Maybe for you, it's rewarding enough while for me TBH I don't care abt the rewards because I go to BG for the rewards, I play BG because it's fun for me its an expression of my hard work for all time I've dedicated my time to gear my character to PVP. Because despite all the things u said it's rewarding and such the fact that BG IS STILL DEAD. I wrote this post because I feel that something has to be changed to accommodate players who did BG for the sake of having fun because as of now I don't see those changes really. BG waiting room update? I've discussed it among a few of my friends and we agree that those changes we're not necessarily important. Not to discredit Nox who already designs the map. But like I've said what's the purpose of getting a new BG waiting room if there's no BG game? 

34 minutes ago, Kymchi said:

People got spoiled by being able to buy SOH during past few events and are complaining why there's no SOH for the Valentines Event and the ongoing Easter Event. Vets probably convinced new players that SOH is the way to go to getting a proper elite character. I would also love to get an SOH every chance I can during events. But, by putting out an easier alternative to getting an Elite Hero, defeats the purpose of the Hero/Elite Hero Quests. It also has affected the way that SOH is supposed to be acquired.

I'm aware that the road to getting an Elite Hero the normal way is long and tedious, but I believe this will also instill a sense of accomplishment and closeness to their characters for those who complete it for the first time, especially new players. 

- - - - - - -

I agree that people are getting spoiled in some previous events, and I'm not encouraging the GM team to always implement SOH at every single event because like u said it's just going to ruin the hero/elite hero content but I feel like it's somehow necessary things to help newbies with more option of farming. With 1 SOH it could help newbie farm even better and way efficient either they can make RG for OGH or use it to build PVP char so they could participate in BG and could still experience the fun of BG. which in the long run would also translate to better PVP engagement more ppl would be active in PVP, BG, and such without having to worry abt this "If I don't even have a chance to win, then there's no point in PvP." and stay the whole time in "safe zone" because BG supposed to be fun and enjoyable and I believe with 1 SOH per acc per IP per event is the best option for all parties involved.

Disclaimer: I'm saying this not because I need the SOH. I could've just bought SOH right away with 250 Dtoks and I'd still be rich. I'm saying this because I think this is what's necessary to keep Newbies to play because I've seen a lot of newbies joining and never seen them again the next few days. We need some regeneration of players, and I think that's what we need the most right now.

Please put back the old PVP room, where basic items are only allowed so that newbies can fight oldies too. In that way, they would have higher interest to invest in PVP too.

About the PVP there's nothing much more to say; pretty much what Kymchi said -- people are afraid to lose because of those reasons. It's a free-will environment cant force, someone, to play the game. We can enforce it by placing harsh punishment on the toxic players and weed them out. But is that enough for people to start PVP? What is it that will make more people PVP more? I am not trying to attack you but thank you for pointing out the issue but it's always better to give a suggestion on how to improve things. So what can the GM team/ developer do to help this issue? Do you or anyone have any suggestions?

I do agree that I would love to see PVP activity increase all across the board but that's solely on the player to PVP instead of farming. Many people farm over bg/PVP because they just want to make more money or enjoy the grind and collecting stuff. As we saw in the past were giving incentives in BG increases the activity -- so the big question is; what type of incentive we can give that does not fuck over the economy along with it being a long-term incentive that isn't just for a month?

About the gap. Over the years they have made it much easier to close the gap like those items you mention. They were at one point for a while 200-300b each compares to how it is now 80-120b and currently still dropping due to more ways to access them. The elite weapon gap has been changed in 2017; it used to be very big of a gap from lv 1 to lv 4. The effort needed to become elite and get elite weapons has been reduced to nothing (SOH/Credit/etc...); it used to be pure months of grinding just to become elite and get elite weapons (especially lv the elite weapon up)..etc... What suggestion you think would help close the gap even further to where it's fair?

Bottom line is; if the community want a more PVP/woe/bg active server-- please give suggestion on how the GM Team/Developer can help but keep in mind of all the possible impact that it can cause and weight the cost/benefit.

I can assure you that the developer/GMs want this sever to flourish and continue living on and make sure it's fun for everyone. Otherwise, they would not continuously add content/ new items/ new events/ etc... to update the server as this is a very very old game/server.

I appreciate you making this post ^^!

Edited by iamhii
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

New players demand to close the gap of a months old player vs a 3, 5 or ~a decade old player in this server.
How is it "fair" now for those veterans who grinded for years? considering now that they aged in real life? Like almost 30ish olds or more?
with responsibilities now, with families and need to focus for real life situations? do you think they can still grind like before now that they are facing realities in life? i don't think so.

I've seen players who were just around 5~6 months old, and who were really grinding...
Now, probably they are 10x rich than me. The method in gearing up today was like 10x easier compare before.

Which I recall farming 10k dead branches just to trade for 1 Bloody Branch...
And donates before cost 10 bloody branch (100k total of dead branch to farm)  if there's someone willing to trade...
And there were no Daily Quest before...to gain cards/equipment's easily.
It was really a hell back in the days.

The problem with new players today, is that..they wanted to "KILL" immediately in PvP's despite being / having no gears at all.
They make PvP characters, instead of for farming purposes.

Most of the new player's DO NOT READ GUIDES. And the forum as well the players who generously contributed to make guides for newbies turns out to be useless.
It's not the servers fault, they've been generous enough with the adjustments of rewards and esp during season events.
New players expect to "beat every players" in the game immediately, and when they got killed easily, they'll start making excuses and saying that the server is not good.

If they want a fair PvP arena / Battleground Arena, then why not bring back the Non-custom items pvp map before.
Where cards and equipment's will be limited. No donates, no refine items, no enchantable items, no boss cards, no elite/hero gears.
It's the only way i could think to bridge the gap of new players and vets in PVP...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I understand what haze is talking about, if I can give advice, is it possible if the donation price getting lowered, why? because playing any game, there will always be a farmers, rich people, and pvp maniacs, to balance this, donation is required. but if the donation price is too high, many players think that price is too high for me, and what i obtained is also not worth for the price. Again not all players, they can afford to donate, but many of them actually can, but, because the price of the donation and what is given is not worth it, they think not to do it.
Suggestions for admins and GM, make a donation event that can make players want to do it, such as black friday, or maybe a discount to buy soh, or maybe create a battle pass or something system with relatively stable profits.

thanks

What about Haze putting some of donation items in vote4points/ Daily quest NPC/DM points?.

TBH this is the best way to gear your favorite character's. Even MVP cards already exist on that npc(daily quest NPC).

NEWBIE'S already spoiled on SOH sorry for my words but that is what i've noticed during and every event, we do understand that your doing or we are doing hardwork for grinding in events or farming. Imagine wayback before without SOH/ Div/Elite Scroll it takes a months or even a year to make your elite weapon get level 4 or to rank up.

About Pvp'ing, we cannot forced the players to join in any pvp or because they are affraid to lost or get bullied with thier Gang.

Our admin Haze are keep trying to update even he is busy irl.

Vets players are tired of farm/grinding that is reality.

It took me 2 years to get an AB lvl 3 idk what gap you’re talking about

its fair to get free soh occasionally but every event? Wow lol RIP years and years of time I’ve spent

Edited by Latte
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

But hey time has passed this is not 2010s anymore, with online games every corner grinding in a PC 2D game is just not that appealing and hideous i get it. Vets need to accept that this is a different period of time in gaming and the internet overall.

Well I'm agree with Latte that time has passed and also with the gap thing. but there are one important factor that maybe we forgot.. why the vets still playing this server, there are some that still playing for more that 10 years too. it's not because they have legend set or lot of money in the game.. but because they have friend and someone to talk to that make them still comeback. I'm not farming type or grinding type of person.. I play purely for chat thats why despite playing for long time maybe more than 10years i only have 1 elite char

So back to the problem.. for me the problem is with community, player to player interaction and most of new player are playing because they feel nostalgic and want to try play RO again. They need to feel accepted and make sure they can have fun. My suggestion is, maybe we need more social guild and player that can help each other. a vessel to to gather player, improve communication, vets supporting newbie, make place for them to comeback. also there are some player that comfortable with just chat not care bout farm, level, or equipment gap, it can be their place to come and chat too

Edited by Barbie Vi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Latte said:

It took me 2 years to get an AB lvl 3 idk what gap you’re talking about

its fair to get free soh occasionally but every event? Wow lol RIP years and years of time I’ve spent

Well, I know it's not fair for some ppl at least, but my point here is not about trying to be fair or whatnot. So what do you suggest to make newbies stay? because certainly, we need some player regeneration, and if ur answer is u can't make ppl stay for me it shows you've already given up on the server as well.

1 hour ago, Barbie Vi said:

So back to the problem.. for me the problem is with community, player to player interaction and most of new player are playing because they feel nostalgic and want to try play RO again. They need to feel accepted and make sure they can have fun. My suggestion is, maybe we need more social guild and player that can help each other. a vessel to to gather player, improve communication, vets supporting newbie, make place for them to comeback. also there are some player that comfortable with just chat not care bout farm, level, or equipment gap, it can be their place to come and chat too

Edited 25 minutes ago by Barbie Vi

Totally agree with this but what I'm trying to do is actually to ignite again the PVP content of this server who's in me and some ppl opinion are kinda DEAD. Some suggestion from me personally are: 

1. Guild of the Month: Point base, for example getting Main castle get 3 points while 2nd Castle provides 1 Points. Winner of each month get exclusive GOTM HG (NO EFFECT, LOOKS PURPOSE ONLY) & Aura and expires at the end of the month when the new GOTM announced. 
2. Exclusive HG from WOE: Each castle main and 2nd provides unique rare material at % chance drop. Each costume HG (NO EFFECT, LOOKS PURPOSE ONLY) requires a certain amount of rare material from each castle to craft. 
3. New BG modes and exclusive "King of BG" costume which also expires at the end of the month when new "King of BG" selected. Let's say 3 winners, 1 for Top BG KILL, 1 for Top K/D Rating, and 1 for Top BG Games played / Points earned within a month.

These are few examples of what could be done to motivates more PVP content. Of course, some adjustment has to be made for example reduce max cap of each guild to have more competition on WOE for example. On a side note, implementing this wouldn't affect the overall economy of the game.

As a relative newbie, what decides BG participation for me is the gear difference between teams. I don't enjoy dying again and again to the same guy with better gear than me. So I prefer to wait till I have max gear. I am looking for skill/build matchups and not rarity I guess. I don't know how well the rank system works and whether it allows for even teams based on rating.

Gear cost being between 300-400b seems impressive for a 12 year old server considering how easy it is to farm 10b. If pvp were a bit more active I believe the combat coin system will solve the zeny and gear problems.

There may be a huge gap between veterans vs newbies but the server has provided MUCH MUCH easier ways to be geared to close the gap (division / elite kill scrolls). However, I do agree that it is too time consuming to become a Hero, then an Elite, then to leveling your weapon to Level 4 just to become ‘stronk’.

I’m a veteran in this server for about 9 years now. When I first started playing, Hero/Elite quest seemed interesting at that time. My mates and I farmed for the materials together, spent our time in the Monster Arena grinded ourselves to Rank B/Elite, went into HA/HHH to PvP to level up our weapons (yes this was how us veterans had to go through and not by some stupid scroll or killing mobs in HHH -.-).

This was all done when we had the pleasure of time, when we were still kids, without commitments, without having a job, without worrying if we had enough food on the plate at the end of the day. As we grow older, we slowly lose the pleasure of time, when time is money to most of us, when we have responsibilities & commitments, when we have children to look after, parents to look after.

As a veteran, I have 5 fully geared Level 4 Elite chars (1 thanks to SoH). I’ve always wanted to try/use other jobs in PvP but never bothered as I know I won’t stand a chance not being an Elite char. I miss it when I could just store my equipment and hop on to another char for PvP immediately in other servers when all else were equal in terms of characters. But in DreamerRO, we do not have the privilege for that.

I am well aware that Hero/Elite Quest is an exclusive feature here in DreamerRO and that’s probably what made DreamerRO great but as time goes by, this exclusive feature isn’t worth the time to grind anymore. Most of us now likely have a 9-6 job, some may be an entrepreneur, some may be a small business owner, and we might have 1-3 hours of free time for gaming only. As exscarlet has mentioned, are we willing to sacrifice 2-3 months’ worth of time just to get 1 char geared for PvP? It may have been much easier now to become Level 4 Elite with the added scrolls but it still takes time to farm zeny for it.

I know this isn’t gonna change anything since this is how DreamerRO has been since day 1 but just thought of sharing how I feel as a veteran in the server.

1 hour ago, Ecstasy said:

I’ve always wanted to try/use other jobs in PvP but never bothered as I know I won’t stand a chance not being an Elite char. I miss it when I could just store my equipment and hop on to another char for PvP immediately in other servers when all else were equal in terms of characters. But in DreamerRO, we do not have the privilege for that.

Are you aware of this or is it not working :th_hmm::

9 hours ago, MoonBrew said:

Are you aware of this or is it not working :th_hmm::

11 hours ago, Ecstasy said:

I miss it when I could just store my equipment and hop on to another char for PvP immediately in other servers when all else were equal in terms of characters. But in DreamerRO, we do not have the privilege for that.

Yes I am well aware we have an Elite Hero Job Changer. Again, you'd still have to farm for that 250b to change your job. And after changing, I'll be stuck with that new job once again? What I'm pointing out is that the server doesn't have the flexibility to simply just switch to another char for PvP. 

Edited by Ecstasy